Who would you like to direct Alien 5?

Started by Spoonman101, Jun 22, 2014, 04:52:42 PM

Out of these directors who would you think would be best suited TOO direct a sequel?

Martin Scorsese
George Lucas
Steven Spielberg
Michael Bay
Christopher Nolan
Quentin Tarantino
Zack Snyder
JJ Abrams
None of them I'm to difficult (Reserved for SM)
David Twohy
Neil Blomkamp
Author
Who would you like to direct Alien 5? (Read 6,072 times)

Lemonade

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 23, 2014, 07:37:53 AM
I literally cannot believe some people actually think giving Michael Bay the reigns to the Alien franchise is a good idea.

Can you imagine the kind of characters Apone and Frost would be with him in charge?

Uh, Michael Bay wouldn't' touch an Alien movie.

HuDaFuK

And thank God for that.

Spoonman101

Why wouldn't he not direct an Alien movie?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 22, 2014, 05:16:42 PM
Those are really good, I'll add them in

As far as it goes they have monetary value... Anyone who disagrees is a scumbag commi and should rot in a factory in China!

Are you trying to get yourself banned? Seriously?

PsyKore

Spielberg of the 70's would have been good. None on that list really grab me, though.

I've always been curious what David Lynch could do, personally.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 22, 2014, 09:31:48 PM
Of the people on the list I see Blomkamp perhaps being the best fit, but I'd much rather see him do his own things than jump into a world already established by others for the time being.

He worked with Sigourney Weaver earlier this year and his favourite film is apparently Aliens so who knows? Danny Boyle might also be a good candidate.

QuoteCan you imagine the kind of characters Apone and Frost would be with him in charge?

They're gonners mate. Not even Bay is bringing them back.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2014, 11:29:00 AMThey're gonners mate. Not even Bay is bringing them back.
My point was more Bay's tendency to include incredibly racist stereotypes in his films.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

...Neill Blomkamp would basically do Aliens 2.0
He worked with Weaver recently... i wonder if her talks about "the story not being finished" and "there are good young directors out there" are related to them working together. Neill is a geek and would probably try to pitch something to Weaver at least. 

I'm quite surprised Danny Boyle isnt on that list. He would do a good moody horror. 

But the REALLY good director for alien 5 would be....

Kathryn Bigelow.  8) ;D

After Insterstellar i bet Nolan will try to get his hands on another franchise to direct and keep going as a commercial director. I really dont see him getting anywhere near the Alien franchise, though.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteHe worked with Weaver recently... i wonder if her talks about "the story not being finished" and "there are good young directors out there" are related to them working together. Neill is a geek and would probably try to pitch something to Weaver at least. 

Maybe... it looks like they got along quite well. Neill also posted some images of his Aliens figure collection on his instagram page recently - maybe he's hinting at something - maybe it's just random.

QuoteI'm quite surprised Danny Boyle isnt on that list. He would do a good moody horror.

Agreed.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 23, 2014, 11:47:28 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2014, 11:29:00 AMThey're gonners mate. Not even Bay is bringing them back.
My point was more Bay's tendency to include incredibly racist stereotypes in his films.

Ah right, he is quite notorious for that and his explosions!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 23, 2014, 12:16:11 PM...Neill Blomkamp would basically do Aliens 2.0
I'm never normally a fan when people endlessly clamour for another Aliens (despite Aliens being my favourite movie ever), but in this case, I agree. I'd love to see what Blomkamp could do with an action-oriented entry. I think District 9 is one of the very best action films of the last decade.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2014, 12:46:52 PMAh right, he is quite notorious for that and his explosions!
He is indeed!

Spoonman101

Hey guys come on just because some people think Michael Bay would be a good director for an Aliens sequel doesn't mean you can call this out as if they're stupid. This is up for preference...

Anyway the reason why I didn't put Danny Boyle ( And I did think of him) Is because I feel that some of his movies tend to be low budget and that Alien requires quite a bit of funds in order to actually be produced properly...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 23, 2014, 01:37:49 PMAnyway the reason why I didn't put Danny Boyle ( And I did think of him) Is because I feel that some of his movies tend to be low budget and that Alien requires quite a bit of funds in order to actually be produced properly...
:laugh: Ironic, given the the two best Alien movies had rather meagre budgets.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Same goes for District 9 which was made for only $30 million.

An R or 18 rated film will never get a huge budget. Prometheus was already stretching it at $130 million.

A director that can do a lot with very little will be a good candidate.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2014, 02:02:02 PMSame goes for District 9 which was made for only $30 million.
To this day I'm still thoroughly impressed by how good that movie looks, given its (relatively) small budget.

Same goes, more so in fact, for Gareth Edwards' Monsters.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

And Moon which Duncan Jones made from some spare change he found under his couch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed