The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread

Started by FiorinaFury161, Feb 18, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

Do you like the skull in the Alien head?

Love the SKULL
It's ok
It makes no difference on how I feel about the Alien
Dislike the SKULL
Hate The SKULL
Hate The SKULL and the people who love it
Author
The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread (Read 133,724 times)

BlueMarsalis79

That's why I love it

Kradan

It reinforces movie's main message perfectly

And, yes, @Local Trouble, before you come in, it does upset people

BigDaddyJohn

I adore it. The image of Clemens skull getting pierced never left my mind from that day.

BlueMarsalis79

Same, me, skull enjoyer.

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 19, 2017, 05:34:10 PMTo be clear, I don't mind the skull so long as it's hidden beneath a virtually opaque dome.  However, when the dome is removed, I think the head looks awful.  The skull cavities give it a resemblance to that ridiculous Newborn and the ridges are obviously airbrushed instead of sculpted.

This is why I think a clearer dome on top of Winston's design would be ideal.  I can't help but wonder whether or not that version actually had the skull before Cameron insisted on losing the dome altogether.

Huh

OpenMaw

Teh-heh-heh.

[cancerblack]

Always liked those weird f**king sculpts.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 15, 2022, 02:34:26 AMhttps://i.imgur.com/VAe0s6N.png
Teh-heh-heh.

Love the Jazz hands detail. Gives power to the skull 8)

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 15, 2022, 02:44:38 AMAlways liked those weird f**king sculpts.

Isn't that the one Peter Briggs planed to use in his AvP movie ?

@Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I believe so! Certainly looks like Alien Pile to me. I love that model.

BigDaddyJohn

Looks so freaky.

Local Trouble

Not a fan of the bendy heads.

BlueMarsalis79

@Local Trouble

Your search history being made into a film.

bobcunk

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Sep 21, 2021, 11:26:45 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Sep 20, 2021, 10:32:18 AMThe elongated head's a human phallus with teeth, the inner jaw's also a phallus with teeth, the rib cage's inhuman but still relates to us specifically.

It's nothing but human features mixed with technology. I dont know what he was thinking but it was obviously sexual. Eventhough I dont like the idea of david creating the alien I think its interesting, he is full of sexual desire and frustration and wants to reproduce, maybe he even lacks genitals? I find it fitting that the creature he designs is literally a vagina that hold you down and rapes you so and impregnates you with a creature that has a penos for a head that kills you through penetration.

Biomechanics if you will.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-u0svq1SvQ0k/U3RZ6ghh_iI/AAAAAAAAS-k/9qKBmCmBcjM/s1600/HR+Giger1.jpg

Hmm.. Its an intriguing point of view. I wonder if Giger was prophetic, that we will become the Xenomorph, the biting tongue of Xeno a metaphor for how people bite and devour one another with words online (not these forums, but twitter, oh boy), the elongated head being our access to knowledge because the internet, and so our minds have expanded.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

On the topic of skull vs no skull
I always want the skull to be partially visible depending on the lighting, and of course, for the skull to resemble the host

Unsure if this take has ever been made, but I would also love if the skull looked metallic like the teeth of the Alien

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed