0 (0%)
Queen (Aliens Fireteam Elite)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author
Best on-screen Alien (Read 9,356 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I still haven't recover from the size of the tail.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Big Chap
Aliens Queen
Aliens Warrior
Dog Alien
Covenant Xenomorph
Covenant Neomorph

Don't mind the Isolation or Blomkamp designs, or stuff like the concept NECA Aliens Warrior with the dome.

Also an unabashed fan of Giger's own Alien 3 design.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

The sword tail and human lips sure would have make for a weird reception among fans.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I really doubt it.

This gorgeous beast has lips modelled on Michelle Pfeiffer's own and a huge scythe, for a tail blade.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

It's really interesting to me how Giger felt the design could be streamlined/improved -

https://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/adaptive-organism/

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 18, 2022, 08:50:16 PMIt's really interesting to me how Giger felt the design could be streamlined/improved -

https://alienseries.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/alienadfinitum1.jpghttps://alienseries.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/adaptive-organism/

Did you read Alien Into Charybdis?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

^ I have not but see the author referenced Giger's 3 designs.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You should, and The Cold Forge, highly recommended.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Alien 3 adult
Alien adult
Covenant adult

Visually, I really like the more sleek, sexy designed aliens. The runner for me has always been my favourite design-wise. Very stream-lined and presented on screen like a ruthless demon.

The 1979 alien is also pretty sexy. But moreso I love how otherwordly and frightening it's portrayed. This one is truly "Alien."

The Covenant Alien I thought looked like a fusion of original and runner in many regards. Unfortunately it has a fairly generic portrayal, but I definitely loved its look.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Dragon's my favourite as well, loved your FEAR Campaigns btw Psykore.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

My votes went for
1.Big Chap
2.Aliens Queen
3.Covenant Neomorph

The original design is just so undeniably perfect and iconic. Every time it's on screen I'm mesmerized by it's design and movements. The Giger bio-mechanical elements really shine through the most. It's just amazing to look at. I love that Stompy is so closely based on Big Chap, but there's a couple of design elements that are bit off for me. Mainly stuff with the mouth.

The Aliens Queen is, of course, a brilliant and iconic design. But what really sells it is how good the practical effects and animatronics are for her. Still looks amazing and pretty lifelike today!

Realistically there's probably other designs I like more than the Neomorph (Stompy, Aliens Warriors, Resurrection drones) but I am just a big fan of the Neomorph in general. If for nothing else I appreciate how it mixes things up, and presents a unique and new design in the xeno lineup. It's very sleek and simple, but has some nuanced touches like the protruding jaw. I feel the same way about the deacon as well. While I have my loves and hates for the prequels, I'm a big fan of their additions to the xeno family!

Also, maybe a hot take, but I've always enjoyed the design and concept for the Newborn in Resurrection! I enjoy it's design and how it brings something new to the table, visually. Also conceptually the idea of a human/xeno hybrid, being born of a womb in a queen, and contrasting/mirroring Ripley 8, is really interesting to me. I just think that it's incredibly tacked on and comes out of nowhere in the plot, and ultimately not utilized to it's full body/cosmic horror potential. 

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Aug 25, 2022, 03:20:09 PMAlso, maybe a hot take, but I've always enjoyed the design and concept for the Newborn in Resurrection! I enjoy it's design and how it brings something new to the table, visually. Also conceptually the idea of a human/xeno hybrid, being born of a womb in a queen, and contrasting/mirroring Ripley 8, is really interesting to me. I just think that it's incredibly tacked on and comes out of nowhere in the plot, and ultimately not utilized to it's full body/cosmic horror potential.

@Cocolyte

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Aug 25, 2022, 03:20:09 PMI just think that it's incredibly tacked on and comes out of nowhere in the plot, and ultimately not utilized to it's full body/cosmic horror potential. 
Agree, also find it badly placed in the movie and also anti climatic, instead of adding to the horror and stake of the movie, it completely kills all tension, xenomorphs arent a threat and the newborn wont hurt ripley 8, and obeys her, so what is the danger?
Made a fan rewrite of it myself and as a friend who read my rewrite: it gave the story more action and scare and upped the anty of the movie and made it more thrilling to watch, the queen being a big threat to humanity and needs to be killed and the newborn a scary nightmare hunting Ripley 8 and the betty crew.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The biggest issue with Resurrection apart from Joss Whedon's that Call should have been the protagonist.

Kradan

Kradan

Android protagonist ? That could be interesting

Regarding the Newborn: I don't think Jeunet wanted it to be threatening, he wanted a pitiful abomination, a product of two worlds, not accepted in either so I'm not bothered by it not being "scary"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed