Do you find the Facehuggers to be scary?

Started by Aliens1986fanboy, May 05, 2020, 05:46:10 AM

Author
Do you find the Facehuggers to be scary? (Read 14,218 times)

Huntsman

Quote from: Cocolyte on Aug 15, 2022, 04:27:14 PMNot only is it physically painful, but it's psychological torture to your sense of bodily autonomy.
And the knowledge that once it's attached to your face it's not coming off. And when it does the damage has already been done.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 16, 2022, 01:30:40 AM
Quote from: Cocolyte on Aug 15, 2022, 04:27:14 PMNot only is it physically painful, but it's psychological torture to your sense of bodily autonomy.
And the knowledge that once it's attached to your face it's not coming off. And when it does the damage has already been done.

Well that depends.

In Aliens "patient John J., they killed him trying to take it off."

But in Alien Ressurection Ripley successfully gets one off underwater, and in Alien Covenant they get that one off the Wheat Guy.

BlueMarsalis79

But he's already impregnated so it depends apparently.

Huntsman

If you die in the process of taking it off it's a moot point.

BlueMarsalis79

"They killed him taking it off." Always wondered how exactly, did it just strangle him to his end, or did they cut along the tail and burn a hole in his throat.

Kradan

Hmm, that's an interesting question, actually. I always took it as that during "facehugged" phase creature and its victim form a very close symbiotic relationship, one depends on another. So if you try to take facehugger off during that stage it will just shut down all of victim's vital organs. That's my interpretation

BigDaddyJohn

I interpreted it just the same.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 16, 2022, 02:13:13 AMIf you die in the process of taking it off it's a moot point.

I'd rather die that way than bursted. Just say'in.

BigDaddyJohn

f**k yes. Bursting out is absolutely f**ked up. You feel the whole ordeal.

Huntsman

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 05:37:12 PM
Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 16, 2022, 02:13:13 AMIf you die in the process of taking it off it's a moot point.

Me too. Once the hugger goes on, you're almost certainly going to die. It's just about specifically how.

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 18, 2022, 11:03:16 AM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Aug 16, 2022, 05:37:12 PM

Me too. Once the hugger goes on, you're almost certainly going to die. It's just about specifically how.

Your only hope is surgery:

BigDaddyJohn

Yep, they succeded with Ripley 8, but this kind of surgery is possibly not available for anybody.

judge death

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 19, 2022, 06:13:25 PMYep, they succeded with Ripley 8, but this kind of surgery is possibly not available for anybody.
Its possible to do but like you say its costly and manpower draining if one want to treat all people from a infestation, I would guess its more likely they just end up doing what the aliens book one comic did: they excecute the infested people.

Wompdonkey

I would find them absolutely terrifying if I was trapped in a room with one. I have a mini facehugger in my room that I got from Gearbox Community day, back before the launch of Colonial Marines. I use the little guy as decoration.

Huntsman

I think it's more believable alien life is in the form of an xenomorph - something that has intelligence but is more like a virus bacteria instead of a traditional looking human with two legs, two arms and a moral code.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed