Recent posts

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by TheBATMAN - Today at 08:32:57 AM
Do you want it on your feet? Or on your f**king knees? Begging! I ain't much for begging. Nobody ever gave me nothing.
Love this game even with its shortfalls. It beggers belief that no one has since capitalised on an open world single player predator game.
Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] Alien: Romulus ...
Last post by TheBATMAN - Today at 07:48:24 AM
Quote from: Highland on Today at 07:29:11 AM
Quote from: ASH1977 on Yesterday at 09:09:53 PMI do wonder where this space station is situated. They would have to be close to last known location of the Nostromo. The company knows that the alien was there on LV426, at least the ship's continuous beacon going off. Curious how Fede will tie all this together.

We might be looking too much into it, I wouldn't be surprised if explanations are thin.

Regardless I think it's safe to say the station will be destroyed by the end of the film.
Last post by [cancerblack] - Today at 07:46:09 AM
What is?
These scans are now being shared around Twitter. They seem to be fairly accessible now.

https://twitter.com/SAMSEPlOL/status/1778083661444731065
Last post by Highland - Today at 07:29:11 AM
Quote from: ASH1977 on Yesterday at 09:09:53 PMI do wonder where this space station is situated. They would have to be close to last known location of the Nostromo. The company knows that the alien was there on LV426, at least the ship's continuous beacon going off. Curious how Fede will tie all this together.

We might be looking too much into it, I wouldn't be surprised if explanations are thin.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by DaveT937 - Today at 07:21:15 AM
Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Yesterday at 10:59:35 PMThank you all for hiding your spoilers tho. Genuinely appreciate it.

Sometimes I get tempted to click lol, but I'm holding strong until the movie comes out
Amen to all of this. I think I have an idea on some of the broad strokes and set up, which I'm ok with as it's kind of impossible to avoid if you exist in fandom, but have managed to stay largely unspoiled on everything else.

I certainly won't be seeking out this Comic Com footage either if it's released on Alien Day. The backburster scene released on it in 2017 well and truly screwed Covenant's pooch / neomorph for me!
Alien vs Predator Films / Re: Paul W.S Anderson or The S...
Last post by Neila - Today at 06:52:11 AM

I wrote myth in quotation marks because I didn't know what else to call it.
What I meant was that despite the generally poorly received films, Alien was still a kind of cinematic work of art and deserved better than a merger with another franchise. For me it was an admission of a lack of ideas and a new direction that was more towards computer games. Children suddenly liked it too.
There are also people who are of the opinion that Cameron's Aliens destroyed the "myth".
Then there are those for whom the prequels were the destruction of the myth. It's up to everyone how they see it.

Personally, I think A1-A3 is a good work of art, while I saw P1 and P2 as very good to good action films but never put them on the same level as the previous Alien films.
For me there was still a big difference in quality.
A lot changed with A4 and went in a more "embarrassing" direction.
With the Fusion Predator it had reached its sad low point for me.
Compare it to wine and cola.
I like both but wine is more noble.

So please don't misunderstand me, I don't want to offend any Predator fans since I'm one myself.
But up until that point, there was always a qualitative difference between the two for me.

I think A1 is a classic like Dracula or something similar.
P1 is a great action film but not a classic for me.
Even A2 isn't really a classic for me, it's a brilliant action film but it slips into a rather clichéd presentation.
Nevertheless, A2 is far more demanding than P1 for me, which is why I count it as part of the "Alien" work of art.
Of course it also depends on the zeitgeist of the publication.
The 80s were characterized by more action.
Maybe it's because the first films in a franchise are always considered the best.
So I can only give my opinion, whether it is correct or exaggerated,
I don't know.

Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 06:04:39 AM
We nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed