NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,225 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: lightsyder on Apr 27, 2016, 03:46:12 PM
Any ideas what the neca item in the loot crate box was?
Based on the teaser image NECA posted on instagram, my prediction is "glow in the dark Alien eggs".

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
I've heard its a carton of alien eggs,
[close]

but i'll let everyone know when mine gets here.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 27, 2016, 04:40:56 PM
I've heard its a carton of alien eggs, but i'll let everyone know when mine gets here.
As will I. Please post spoiler warnings!

Otter

Otter

Does anyone have any Loot Crate experience? Have NECA been involved before? How exclusive are the "exclusives".

I have so far bought/ordered all of NECA's Aliens figures (but only two from the other films) and don't want to miss out (or pay through the nose on ebay) for a legitimate Aliens figure.  But I would be disappointed if it wasn't from Aliens, or was a hokey repaint like an all silver warrior or something.

I get that the surprise is the whole point, but is there any way to really speculate?  Randy hasn't dropped any hints?  I couldn't find anything online.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Spoiler
Pretty sure yesterday  I saw a twitter pic teazed by NECA of what looked like an egg carton
[close]

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It won't be a full-on 7" action figure in the lootcrate, but Lootcrate stuff does tend to actually be exclusive.

Like I mentioned, NECA posted a photo on Instagram that seemed to show the cardboard "egg carton", but with the "Lootcrate" logo on it.

Otter

Otter

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 27, 2016, 04:40:56 PM
Spoiler
I've heard its a carton of alien eggs,
[close]

See, I'd be disappointed in that.  We have it already.

Will the Loot Crate still be available by the time that people have received theirs and can confirm the contents?
Again, I get that that's not the point, but I haev zero experience with Loot Crate.  ???

426Buddy

426Buddy

I would be a lil disappointed because I don't have any NECA figures and I had been crossing my fingers for an alien figure, but oh well.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Otter on Apr 27, 2016, 08:43:35 PM
Will the Loot Crate still be available by the time that people have received theirs and can confirm the contents?
Again, I get that that's not the point, but I haev zero experience with Loot Crate.  ???
No, by the time it starts shipping, it won't be available to buy anymore (either by design, or by being sold out).

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

windebieste

windebieste

Cool video.  Good job.  This neatly compliments my take on the same figure.  I really like it.  It does feel like NECA are exploiting their already established Series 2 sculpt and the figure can be mistaken for a quick and dirty cash grab; but the whole translucent feature does have great appeal when displayed with a back lit light source. 

You should try it!  This is where the figure really holds its own.

-Windebieste.

Darkness

Darkness

Jenette Goldstein has shared a proper view of her figure head:

https://twitter.com/jenettebras/status/725742586917359616

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Dang man! All dose detales! :D (I hope you read that in her voice LOL!)

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Apr 23, 2016, 02:58:09 PM
I doubt Neca will do a version of the Alien warrior that looks like a guy in a costume. The versions we have are pretty accurate to what it was supposed to look like if it were a real Xeno. Though i would have liked a bit more articulation in their Aliens n Preds so i could get them in awesome realistic crouching poses.

I actually wouldn't mind a special edition action figure of the Dog Alien with plantigrade legs.

windebieste

windebieste

Potential future 'concept' figure?  Extant Dog Alien sculpt, maybe with series 2 Alien legs..? 

Would NECA re-purpose their moulds to do that kind of thing..????

Um... yeah.  I guess they would.  ;)

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed