Alien Day 2017

Started by locusta, Mar 27, 2017, 10:34:01 AM

Author
Alien Day 2017 (Read 46,221 times)

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

Do tickets to the actual event at the comic store cost anything?

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2017, 11:00:56 AM

I'm getting the socks this time!
Strange, this is the first that I have seen of this.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

New Trailer listing @ BBFC.....

ALIEN DAY 2017 - MADAME TUSSAUDS.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/alien-day-2017-madame-tussauds-filmtrailer

Corporal Hicks

KillCrites

KillCrites

I got these in my The Fly blu-ray from Walmart. Very cool cards, I want to get them laminated.

Hudson

Hudson

Where's a link to the trivia thing?

Pvt. Himmel

Space Invader

Space Invader

What's everyones plans for Alien Day?

I never saw the assembly cut of Alien 3, so I'll be watching that.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^If you love character development, further explanations, and alternate situations, your view on the film will change forever. Be sure to tell us what you think of it, as I think it is miles better than the TC. A blend of both cuts would be ideal and best, but it is still great.

As for my plans on Alien day, once I'm done with school I will head to TRU and probably pick up the NECA Alien 3 Ripley if it is still there. Then landscape all day due to the crappy weather approaching the rest of the week. :laugh: I will try to squeeze in some kind of Alien viewing tho.

windebieste

windebieste

Not long now... just around the corner and we'll be bombarded with so much ALIEN goodies and new movie content. 

I'm actually feeling quite intimidated by not knowing what's just about to hit us.  Fresh movie footage.  New viral content.  Announcements from companies like NECA... and that's just stuff relating to the new movie. 

God knows what else is going to hit the deck in terms of announcements.  Toys, books, DVD and BluRay re-releases.  Wow.  Last year's inaugural festivities feel like a test bed for what's about to hit this week. 

Personally, I'm hoping for a new ALIEN game of some sort.  I don't care if it's stealth, FPS, RTS, NSFW or whatever... I just want it to be moddable.   Certainly, we're overdue for a moddable ALIENS game.  Who doesn't want that?

Anyway, just a couple days now...

-Windebieste.

Anthony

Anthony

Well, we are getting that Oculus thing. Does that count?

windebieste

windebieste

Is it moddable? 

Coz really, even the piece of shit that was 'ALIENS: Colonial Marines' was an ideal modding platform.  FPS. ALIENS.  Unreal Engine 3 (Which at the time was also known as UDK - and was installed on over a million user's PC's) was the great opportunity for a moddable game.  If it was moddable, you'd have hundreds, maybe thousands of items of custom content now and people would still be churning out stuff for it.  The game would be selling still on the strength of such content.

'AvP' and 'AvP2' were the only truly moddable games... and they're 15 years old now.  People still make custom stuff for 'em, too.

15 years later, 'A:CM's modding community would be doing so as well.  If if had been given the opportunity.

We need something along those lines where community creativity can flourish and not a flash in the pan hipster 3D VR disposable piece of junk.  You know it.

-Windebieste.

Anthony

Anthony

I see where you're coming from. I think the most we'll get is a mobile game unfortunately.

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

Quote from: Anthony on Apr 03, 2017, 01:58:51 PM
Screenings of Alien and Prometheus with footage from Covenant?

Sign me up!

I've bought two tickets for myself and girl but I was under the impression you got a full screening of Covanent a day early.

Can anyone confirm that? It's at Odeon in the UK. Here's a link.

Link

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, the Alien Day event will feature Prometheus and Alien as well some exclusive Alien Covenant footage. Then you use the same ticket on Thursday 11th May for the Alien Covenant screening. I'll be doing it with Cineworld.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed