Why does no one care about the human characters?

Started by KillingJoke, Sep 07, 2007, 01:40:42 AM

Author
Why does no one care about the human characters? (Read 31,432 times)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: EEV2650 on Sep 15, 2007, 06:58:33 AM

We are in agreement. And Gates Poncho was my childhood favorite. He was always just cool to me.

Yeah but cooler than Blain? C'mon man he aint got time to bleed... ;D

EDIT: Sh!t I forgot...what about Billy!?

EEV2650

Quote from: Gates on Sep 15, 2007, 07:03:19 AM
Quote from: EEV2650 on Sep 15, 2007, 06:58:33 AM

We are in agreement. And Gates Poncho was my childhood favorite. He was always just cool to me.

Yeah but cooler than Blain? C'mon man he's aint got time to bleed... ;D

EDIT: Sh!t I forgot...what about Billy!?

lol!
Well here's my list of favorite's from favorite to least favorite
1. Dutch
2.Poncho
3.Dillon
4. blain
5. billy
6.blaine
7. hawkins
8. mac

Gates

Quote from: EEV2650 on Sep 15, 2007, 07:19:54 AM
lol!
Well here's my list of favorite's from favorite to least favorite
1. Dutch
2.Poncho
3.Dillon
4. blain
5. billy
6.blaine
7. hawkins
8. mac

I'm confused... ;)

arnold23

arnold23

There is only one dude we allz need to care about, he is big, smokes alot of stogies, and says "GO RUN, GET TO DA
<---CHOPPPAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

In AvP R, they all look like retards, except the chick that gets nailed to da wall, she is cool dead.

EEV2650

oh, sorry gates. Blaine would be my #4

The Chibi Kiriyama

There are people who admire parasitic wasps for their ingenuity. Not to validate my fandom, but I'm just putting it out there that rooting for either species would probably turn some heads in civilized real world conversation.

Anyways, if you're not rooting for the parasitic organism then you're rooting for us or the hunter who murders, skins, and de-brains his kills. It's a Catch-22 regardless, so I figure I might as well root for the species I find most interesting.

Vader the White

Quote from: Bishop2 on Sep 07, 2007, 02:15:37 AM
  So personally, yeah, I'm paying to see Aliens and Predators fight.  But it's all useless and stupid if I don't care about the humans.
It's true, I've seen good horror movies (ex. Alien) and bad horror movies (ex. Jason X). In Alien, I cared for all of them, even though I knew who was going to bite the dust. In Jason X, I didn't care about a single one. Not a single one. We need good characters that we can love and want to survive.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Ugh...Jason X. The suck from that movie can still be heard in space. Yeah, it's so bad it defies what we know about sound and space. I hear that if you go to the highest peak in the world you can still hear it.

gameoverman

What I'd really like to see is the human characters actually do something like making plans and/or traps against the aliens and/or predators.

For example:  in Alien how they tried to trap it in the airlock, or Predator where they set up a number of traps using their military skillz.

In AVP the humans were just cannon fodder.  All they did was run away.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

the characters seem to be throwaways.  ie: audience waiting for them to die in gruesome ways not caring about them.

alien3 was the last time i cared for a character.     those actors did a phenomenal job.  figures they were british, best talent.

Mr.InTeLeX

I'm getting bored on people dying and dying. I need something new in the character ,not only to run and survive but fight back and maybe they can win.

In AvP, people either die in gruesome ways or run away stupidly. I'd prefer Predator 1&2's main characters rather than AvP's one.

tommygun

tommygun

It's tradition dating back to the 70's, the characters are nothing more than victims and hollywood directors seem unwilling to buck the trend and go with strong characters who do fight back and do survive..Instead we get the constant the world is so bad and depressing that we have to depress the audience and hammer away at them that no one can survive or only 1 person can survive, because we want to reflect the world we live in...whatever happened to film as escapism?,,,think back to the classics of sci-fi, and I don't mean just the films of the 70's , 80's and 90's...I mean those films that that are truly classic and are counted among the best of all time, they were not nihilistic, they offered escape, thrills and yes hope and belief in the ability of the human species....Again if these directors and writers are so damn depressed about the world, there is a simple solution open to them...they should leave the world, shuffle off the mortal coil...and take your depression and belief that the world is utterly hopeless with you

Demonio Cazador

Well, I can't completely say I don't care for the human characters from AVP:R, simply because I haven't seen the movie...so I can't care about anybody just by seeing their 2 second appearance in the trailer.
But, I could speculate and have fun while at it...
I don't care about the Dad and the kid, because they are hunters...  ;D
I don't care about the War-mom because she's back from invading a country... ;D
OK I'll stop now, this is just me being silly!!

O.W.L.F.

this part of the film will be very important for me....huge important...avp R  looks like ( for me ) the best in the franchise......i hope that the shitty acting will not crash my idea

Alienseseses

Do you know why you think they don't care about the characters?

Because you've seen two trailers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed