Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,952 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Wysps on May 19, 2022, 12:33:15 AMI've never played Doom 64, but I swear the sound of those Lost Souls from the original gave me nightmares as a child.

Nothing was worse then hearing the sound of the Lost Souls and the Cyberdemon stomping around.  I don't know if you've dabbled in Wads for the original two, but there are some pretty great ones out there.  We used to use Zdoom, but I don't know if it's still supported or even available anymore. 

The Lost Souls are even worse in 64, they move faster and do more damage.

I never really got into WADs.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wysps on May 19, 2022, 12:33:15 AMI've never played Doom 64, but I swear the sound of those Lost Souls from the original gave me nightmares as a child. 

For me it was the Revenants.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 19, 2022, 03:59:05 AM

I would, very often, get myself cornered by a Revenant and get sucker punched to death. Seeing their stumbling animation still cracks me up  :laugh: 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Revenants aren't in Doom 64 but their homing missiles are used as environmental hazards in some levels.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wysps on May 19, 2022, 07:24:14 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 19, 2022, 03:59:05 AM

I would, very often, get myself cornered by a Revenant and get sucker punched to death. Seeing their stumbling animation still cracks me up  :laugh: 

Yeah they look goofy as f**k, it was just something about the scream they make and how often it goes off as soon as you hit a button. I think it's Doom 2 that left this impression, but it may have been Final Doom.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Picked up Fallout 4 for all of a pound.

I'd forgotten how often you're just running away from shit early on in these games :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Starting up the original Doom 3. I dig it.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 20, 2022, 06:46:09 PMStarting up the original Doom 3. I dig it.
It's pretty amazing in VR

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oh my god Doom 3's Lost Souls are f**king scary.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 20, 2022, 06:46:09 PMStarting up the original Doom 3. I dig it.
Doom 3 owns.

Darkness

Darkness

Started playing the Portal games again. How have they not made a third game yet.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Alien Trilogy PS1

This game never gets old.

Kradan

Kradan

If there was an option to record and post the audio of my scream full of joy I would do just that. These games are ridiculously great but unfortunately they never quite stepped out of the shadow of their bigger brother, Half Life. It's always that people discovered Portal through HL and never the other way around

I would love love LOVE a thitd game. But I would be also extremely worried if they announced it. It's been  more than a decade since Portal 2 and I suspect many people responsible for the first two games are not even working for Valve anymore or just don't have quite enough steam (heh). Also, Portal 2 had a very definitive ending. It would be hard for me to be won over by a Portal game that doesn't have Glados in it, she and Chell/player had such a beatiful dynamic, anything less than that would be a disappointment for me. Still, in Valve I trust, and I would be very optimistic for a new game set in that universe

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Valve can't even scrape together a Half Life game that isn't some VR gimmick. I doubt they could manage another Portal at this point.

Kradan

Kradan

I would be perfectly fine if they don't do any more. Better be left on a high note than brought back for a mixed bag and Portal 2 was quite a high note

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed