Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 19, 2021, 06:13:38 PM

Author
Aliens: Aftermath #1 (Marvel, One-Shot) (Read 15,524 times)

Corporal Hicks

It's not stated explicitly, but that's what I took it to be.

Xenomrph

That's even sillier - why would they put him in stasis? How would they know to do so? How could they know what would happen to him if they didn't, since he's the first victim? Newt gives no indication that her father technically isn't dead, quite the opposite.

judge death

He was clearly confirmed dead in newts tale, river of pain book, aliens movie, games and weyland report etc, so the comic doing this is just bullshit and the writer is like I claimed before: barely watched aliens movie or the books and maybe seen it once a long time ago and decided to write this story.

Local Trouble

This story makes ACM look good by comparison.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2021, 01:06:37 AM

This at least has some decent art.

I'm struggling to remember anything decent about that game. :D

Drukathi

The art of ACM was great. OST too.

Nightmare Asylum

All I really remember from ACM, design wise, is a bunch of Aliens that would have felt quite at home in a blister pack with Kenner-branded cardboard backing.

As for music... I remember that one trailer that used Clint Mansell's Moon score. :D

Kradan

Should we apologise to Randy ?

Local Trouble

I think Huggs, Xenomrph and Corporal Hicks should all send Randy an open letter of apology on AvPG letterhead.

Kradan

:D

judge death

Colonial marines sucked big time, the whole thing with how they marketed it, promising stuff that wasnt there, aliens that focus on the player and runs straight at one always, trailers showing moments of the game we never got, gearbox leasing the production and using segas money to make borderlands 2 instead, lies and randys big lies: burn in hell gearbox.

MArvels one off may have a very weak story and questionable choices and breaking the lore and not paying attention to what movies and books etc has shown us, but it had better designs, the colony is more destroyed and more believable than colonial marines etc but its not much better than it.

Gearbox with colonial marines did one good thing: adding alien 3 back and made a good and clever story in the dlc, idea with turk, gotta give them cudos for that in my mind.

Engineer

Well then. This sounds pretty terrible. I guess I'll skip this one too lol

Xenomrph

To wit:
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 15, 2021, 02:11:12 AM
I haven't even read it, and the spoilers I've read make it sound profoundly stupid, to the point that it makes the Colonial Marines videogame's plot sound like Shakespeare.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2021, 10:58:54 AM
This at least has some decent art.

I'm struggling to remember anything decent about that game. :D
The weapon design and modification system was slick, and the art direction of the level design.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2021, 01:33:38 PM
All I really remember from ACM, design wise, is a bunch of Aliens that would have felt quite at home in a blister pack with Kenner-branded cardboard backing.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :o

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2021, 01:33:38 PM
As for music... I remember that one trailer that used Clint Mansell's Moon score. :D
That trailer is still one of my favorite game trailers of all time.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 21, 2021, 03:25:11 PM
I think Huggs, Xenomrph and Corporal Hicks should all send Randy an open letter of apology on AvPG letterhead.
NEVER

Huggs

Pitchford should be in a foreign prison, listening to his cellmates favorite bedtime story "du saugst besser diese Scheiße!" by Big Hans Groper.

Kradan

Should he share a cell with Fred Dekker ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed