Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay

Started by felix, Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Author
Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay (Read 33,153 times)

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2021, 01:37:22 PM
Still end of August on Amazon UK.

My Amazon pre order has been pushed back to 22nd September but the site still shows August 31st

Stitch

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 19, 2021, 08:27:54 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2021, 01:37:22 PM
Still end of August on Amazon UK.

My Amazon pre order has been pushed back to 22nd September but the site still shows August 31st
Mine, too

Engineer

Mine still says it releases on September 7th and that I'll receive it on September 7th (I'm in the US). Hearing about delays elsewhere though, makes me think it might get a bigger delay here too... :-/

Corporal Hicks

I'm 5 chapters in now I've finished Forever Midnight. Really enjoying Pat Cadigan's writing, off to a nice strong start. Definitely not just a straight adaptation and is doing what good novelisations should do and expanding on things. Couple of continuity issues (47 years in cryosleep, Pulse rifle-mounted flashlights) that make me think this hasn't gone through SM or anyone else, but nothing major so far. Looking forward to continuing to read.

Engineer

Hmm. Interesting.
I won't nitpick the continuity errors on this one so much because it's a tangent from the main alien timeline...

Corporal Hicks

True. But those ones are details from the previous film, so they stand out.

Engineer

Are there a ton of these errors?

KiramidHead

You can't mount a flashlight on a pulse rifle? Is this the same universe as Doom 3? :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 22, 2021, 03:55:42 PM

Nah, I said it was just a couple - not wanting to blow it out of proportion.

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 22, 2021, 03:56:42 PM
You can't mount a flashlight on a pulse rifle? Is this the same universe as Doom 3? :laugh:

In the future, duct tape is heavily regulated.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 22, 2021, 06:02:53 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Aug 22, 2021, 03:55:42 PM

Nah, I said it was just a couple - not wanting to blow it out of proportion.

Fair enough

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2021, 06:35:44 PM
I'm 5 chapters in now I've finished Forever Midnight. Really enjoying Pat Cadigan's writing, off to a nice strong start. Definitely not just a straight adaptation and is doing what good novelisations should do and expanding on things. Couple of continuity issues (47 years in cryosleep, Pulse rifle-mounted flashlights) that make me think this hasn't gone through SM or anyone else, but nothing major so far. Looking forward to continuing to read.

Have you an advance copy ? 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 25, 2021, 09:22:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 21, 2021, 06:35:44 PM

Have you an advance copy ?

I have.

Kane's other son

The prologue in that excerpt is clunky and stretches canon (mankind has encountered several sentient alien species? Hadley's hope was not a backwater but WY's jewel in the crown? Ripley's story about the alien hit the news?) but the first chapter is solid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed