Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay

Started by felix, Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Author
Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay (Read 33,158 times)

felix

Xiggz456

Goodness gracious now we're getting a novel adaptation of Gibsons A3?! I mean it's an interesting take for a sequel but we already have the script, comic and audio drama. I guess Titan wanted in on the fun too lol.

Nightmare Asylum

At least this one won't have rushed art like the comic? :D

skhellter

skhellter

more info here

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/688447/alien---alien-3-the-lost-screenplay-by-william-gibson-by-pat-cadigan-william-gibson/

QuoteWilliam Gibson's never-before-adapted screenplay for the direct sequel to Aliens, revealing the fates of Ripley, Newt, the synthetic Bishop, and Corporal Hicks. When the Colonial Marines vessel Sulaco docks with space station and military installation Anchorpoint, a new form of Xenomorph appears. Written by Hugo Award-winning novelist and "Queen of Cyberpunk" Pat Cadigan, based on Gibson's never-produced first draft.

First draft, fyi, was the more expensive, action heavy take with hundreds of xenomorphs and a much larger vision of the Anchorpoint station, inspired by Syd Mead (think Sevastopol but more.. ELITE).

Pat is a well regarded writer who can be found via https://twitter.com/cadigan

Gentleman Death

Funny, I was wondering if this was going to happen considering a good chunk of the graphic novels/comics got turned into novels. I was actually hoping this would get expanded on because after I read the comic series I was wanting more.

skhellter

hope it blends the action of the first draft with the expanded characterization of the 2nd.
Given that this is a novel there might even be room for.... Ripley to finally fit into this story?

The writer is fighting terminal cancer... hope she had a lot of fun writing this...
(be nice, people. Never know if she reads this place)

Gentleman Death

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 14, 2021, 04:31:54 PM
hope it blends the action of the first draft with the expanded characterization of the 2nd.
Given that this is a novel there might even be room for.... Ripley to finally fit into this story?

The writer is fighting terminal cancer... hope she had a lot of fun writing this...
(be nice, people. Never know if she reads this place)

Yeah, when I first read it I was thrown off by Ripleys non involvement, but then again it wasn't nearly as devastating as the beginning of Alien 3 the movie, so I'll take it! Ha

Nightmare Asylum

Figured what the hell, I just put in a pre-order for this. I'm always curious about seeing adaptations of unproduced drafts. Hoping for something really cool here!

Along with Into Charybdis, I'd say that this is probably the most interesting thing Titan currently has in the pipeline right now.

Stitch

Instant pre-order done.

Corporal Hicks

So this one has finally been announced! Was expecting to see when we got the next previews.

skhellter

seems like the pre-order links went up before the proper schedule.

Alien3 keeps being even more of a "choose your own adventure" thing..

Whiskeybrewer

So its a version of the first draft. Each version gets its chance to shine then

SM

I fear the same issues that plagued the other adaptations will plague this - it's a first draft and it shows.

Corporal Hicks

They really do need to be throwing us a third draft! Though I'm still excited to see what Pat does with this one.

skhellter

skhellter

there's definite ways to smooth over the issues that plagued that script,
(the main thing being the weak characterization of Bishop and Hicks in both drafts.)

Kinda get the feeling that this is only going to have one queen, for starters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed