Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay

Started by felix, Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:54 PM

Author
Alien 3 - William Gibson - Lost Screenplay (Read 33,150 times)

skhellter

the sardonic tone of the writing fits the alien series like a pair of clown shoes.

Yeah, gonna skip this.

Hope Pat had a lot of fun writing this but not for me.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kane's other son on Aug 26, 2021, 08:33:09 AM
The prologue in that excerpt is clunky and stretches canon (mankind has encountered several sentient alien species? Hadley's hope was not a backwater but WY's jewel in the crown? Ripley's story about the alien hit the news?) but the first chapter is solid.

Ew disgusting.

Quote from: skhellter on Aug 26, 2021, 08:55:13 AM
the sardonic tone of the writing fits the alien series like a pair of clown shoes.

Yeah, gonna skip this.

Hope Pat had a lot of fun writing this but not for me.

Sardonic tone, can you be more specific in your meaning?

Russ840

My copy I will be here later today.

Corporal Hicks

I'm 240 pages in and still enjoying it.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 26, 2021, 11:52:10 AM

There's some distinctly sarcastic passages in how Pat writes - which I've actually really been enjoying, especially when writing from Hicks' POV.

skhellter

skhellter

https://intermultiversal.net/an-interview-with-pat-cadigan/
Big interview about this book.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 26, 2021, 11:52:10 AM

It's not just the sarcastic bits that Hicks mentioned, the prologue has omniscient pov narration with attempts at very cutesy humor (Ripley is referred to as the crazy cat lady a few times). Feels off-tone with the series and makes it feel like a spoof at times.
But i then read the Tully and Luc (Chang in the 2nd draft) sections and Pat seems to have nailed the overall tone down.

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteWhat did you think of Vincent Ward's ALIEN³ and the idea of xenomorphs attacking monks in a field of wheat? If you were asked to write a novelisation of that, would you run with it, or is there not enough space in the franchise for that?

I don't know anything about Vincent Ward's ALIEN³. Is this yet another script? If anyone wants me to write a novelisation for it, I'll gladly give them the name of my agent. (Hey, I'm just trying to make a living.)

:D :D :D

Stitch

My copy arrived today from Amazon. Unfortunately it looks a little bit battered, so I'm getting a replacement copy delivered tomorrow.

Nightmare Asylum

I pre-ordered back in January on Amazon and won't be seeing my copy until the 7th, apparently, since that's still the listed release date on US Amazon.

Engineer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2021, 11:35:36 PM
I pre-ordered back in January on Amazon and won't be seeing my copy until the 7th, apparently, since that's still the listed release date on US Amazon.

Same here

Russ840

Looking forward to diving in.

I really love the cover to this book.

Going to dive in tonight.

Stitch

Replacement has arrived, just in time for my birthday. Gonna dive in shortly.

BlueMarsalis79

Look forward to the inevitable reviews.

skhellter

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 31, 2021, 10:53:11 PM
QuoteWhat did you think of Vincent Ward's ALIEN³ and the idea of xenomorphs attacking monks in a field of wheat? If you were asked to write a novelisation of that, would you run with it, or is there not enough space in the franchise for that?

I don't know anything about Vincent Ward's ALIEN³. Is this yet another script? If anyone wants me to write a novelisation for it, I'll gladly give them the name of my agent. (Hey, I'm just trying to make a living.)

:D :D :D

smart.  :laugh:

skhellter

skhellter

https://youtu.be/-rTLJqlu1_o tl;dw He liked it.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/4222687019?book_show_action=false - The best written review i've found so far, clearly written by a fan of the final film who knows all the production history. Worth a read. (Also positive).

http://trans--scribe.blogspot.com/2021/09/alien-3-unproduced-screenplay-by-pat.html Another positive review

Nightmare Asylum

My copy is currently out for delivery. Looking forward to digging in today. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed