Fangoria, anyone?

Started by SiL, Oct 17, 2007, 05:40:23 AM

Author
Fangoria, anyone? (Read 34,582 times)

brad873

brad873

is that a guy or a girl????????????????????????????

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 19, 2007, 08:25:03 PM
Quotehow is that guy not dead?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Oh yes, because you MUST die if you get some acid on your face!

well its eating into his forehead and thus his brain. He just happens to not be completely dead yet in the pic. I doubt he'll survive the brutal acid bath he received.lol

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 18, 2007, 12:19:50 AM
Quote from: roguepl on Oct 17, 2007, 11:11:25 AM
God, how I hate this a:r, avp and avp2 chestbursters and their mouths!
It should look more like this:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3815/chestburstlj5.jpg

http://members.iinet.com.au/~jaherne/alienhost/xenomorph/chestburster1.jpg

Excellent point!  Their chestburster with that big mouth looks more like a hot dog with teeth.  This is a nice re-do/touch up.  This looks MUCH MORE authentic.  Much like the original chestburster in Alien.  Hopefully Greg or Colin will get a look at it.  It wouldn't be hard for them to change it in the film.  If you notice, their adult Alien also has that exaggerated mouth unlike the original.  Some light CG could fix this up nicely.  Hopefully it's not too late.

We should sign a petition.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 19, 2007, 09:10:16 PM
Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Oct 19, 2007, 08:25:03 PM
Quotehow is that guy not dead?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Oh yes, because you MUST die if you get some acid on your face!

well its eating into his forehead and thus his brain. He just happens to not be completely dead yet in the pic. I doubt he'll survive the brutal acid bath he received.lol

Because they lather him up in the special effects make up, then lay him on the ground, then when they do the digital FX, they just have to add little bits of CGI on top of the already burnt face.

This is him before that shot obvioulsy, fooling around on set.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 19, 2007, 09:14:37 PM

Excellent point!  Their chestburster with that big mouth looks more like a hot dog with teeth.  This is a nice re-do/touch up.  This looks MUCH MORE authentic.  Much like the original chestburster in Alien.  Hopefully Greg or Colin will get a look at it.  It wouldn't be hard for them to change it in the film.  If you notice, their adult Alien also has that exaggerated mouth unlike the original.  Some light CG could fix this up nicely.  Hopefully it's not too late.

That looks a little better, but the chin still looks weird.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 19, 2007, 09:25:40 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 19, 2007, 09:14:37 PM

That looks a little better, but the chin still looks weird.

What do you suggest.  Let's ask the site host or whatever they are called to make a page called

Note to Colin and Greg

Suggestions from our members

I think they would be interested in what the most serious fans have to say about how things are looking so far.  Seriously, that mouth on the chestburster could be so much better.  Again, great job whoever fixed that up.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Aliens are supposed to look like someone's wanked all over them. The first one was literally covered in KY jelly. They're walking obscenities.

Quote from: WisePredator on Oct 19, 2007, 08:19:16 PM
I think that is from the scene where the Queen calls off her guards.

Yes.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 19, 2007, 10:45:18 AM
Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 19, 2007, 07:49:40 AM
Is it just me or do the "tubes" coming out of the aliens in AVP-R look like broomsticks.

It's just you. 

They actually look more like long turds.  They even narrow at the end just like it's been pinched off.  ;)

A:R and AvP had the same deal going, and I don't particularly like seeing them back yet again.  We're stuck with 'em.  :(

Now that you mention it you are right.  They definately look more like really long turds.  I feel bad being so critical of the great work these guys are apparently doing but I think its those little details that create that hard edge realism.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I have the issue, I'll scan it here in a few mins.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Waitta steal my thunder! >:( :-\

THANKS dude.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Here's the article, sorry I couldent get better quality.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 01:34:02 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6515/scan0002jk2.jpg

Everytime I look at that alien I get insulted...it's just ridiculous...first off it looks like the alien is smiling, it's looking to make out with Wolf...LAME...and also the damn dorsal tubes are hanging like limp di<ks...LAME... :-X

Is it really that hard to pull off a half decent alien? Seriously... :-\

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

they never look that great in production stills, I think they are looking fine from the trailer.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 06:48:56 AM
they never look that great in production stills, [...]

It looks damn fine to me in this production still...what you meant to say was, "they never look that great in production stills from the set of AvP-R" <----- I wonder why that is...?

Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 20, 2007, 06:48:56 AM
[...] I think they are looking fine from the trailer.

I beg to differ...

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I guess everyone sees things a little differently, I like the designs more than Winston's Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed