20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 29, 2020, 09:07:37 PM

Author
20th Century Fox & Netflix Reportedly Made An Alien vs. Predator Anime! And They Had Interest In More Animated Material! (Read 28,008 times)

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 29, 2020, 10:43:05 PM
Are these guys still trying to get their Alien script looked at with Fox?  Or they burning bridges now?
So this is legit?

Huggs

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2020, 01:51:01 AM
Are these guys still trying to get their Alien script looked at with Fox?  Or they burning bridges now?
So this is legit?

Rabbit inc. is the one handling Burning Bridges.  ;)

Unless SM just dropped an Easter Egg.

Spoiler
But my money is on it being nonexistent.
[close]

SiL

Saying the PO guys are burning bridges by announcing this could either mean it's totally full of shit, or it's totally legit and they just f**ked up by talking about it. Sounded like the latter.

Immortan Jonesy

SM

So this is legit?

Is there a completed AvP animated series?  Don't know.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Mar 01, 2020, 04:05:39 AM
So this is legit?

Don't make me be good cop. I'll butter you up six ways to Sunday.

Want some cookies muthaf**ka?

Perfect-Organism

To me, animation = not scary.

Sorry, but I've never been scared of a single piece of animation.  I literally just had this realization.  And I do appreciate good animation mind you.  I just don't think it would work for the series.  Curiously some of the comics work very well.  Go figure...

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

I'd only be excited about this rumour, if it were a prelude to a big budget, live action ALIENS VS PREDATOR movie reboot (done right).

I grew out of and got bored of comics, toys, maquettes, fantasy lead figures, anime and video games when I was 11 years old.

To correct, this would be the first aliens animation series. Remember the red herring that was the "cancelled aliens colonial marines anmated series" (based on stills). That turned out to be an alternative advert for the Kenner toyline, which eventually used kids roleplaying with the actual toys instead?

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 01, 2020, 04:33:29 AMTo me, animation = not scary.

True. Even the most "extreme anime" has to overcompensate with stylised violence to even register (urotsukidoji, fist of the north star, ninja scroll). but ultimately the result is more comedic, rather than impactful.

I would also say alien or predator is no longer scary either as we know the creatures powers and abilities. Forgettable, disposible, unrelatable characters doesn't help matters either.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 01, 2020, 04:05:39 AM
So this is legit?

Fair.

Enjoy

I do think it best we know as little as possible or nothing at all on any future anything involving avp or predator untill it is done and on it's way out. I want everything to be a surprise and better then what i have come to expect.

mike

they never get it right. anime? f**k that. greenlight a live action avp movie, get a great script writer that knows both franchises well, get a great director and have a great budget for it. its that simple. now the execution is different. but the starting process is very simple as I just said of all the things that have to be placed to attempt to make a great avp movie. but fox never listens to there fans and they never will. instead they just keep putting out shit movies after shit movies.

Schrödinger

It could be good. Depending on the anime style. If it's the silly "Lolicon Overly Cutesy Bullshit" it'll suck. If it's done in the way of Castlevania or old school Berserk (the 1997 Anime) then it'll look amazing. Which means they need to pick the right lead and team. Since the peeps behind the 1997 Berserk aren't around for it, the next best bet would be Adi Shankar (Developer of Castlevania on Netflix). Granted IDK if he'd be into a sci-fi setting, but my bet is he'd make it badass.

SM

QuoteTo me, animation = not scary.

To me, AvP = not scary.

SiL

I feel trying to make AvP legitimately terrifying would be a waste of energy.

Exciting and tense and suspenseful, sure. Scary, not so much

Sexual tyrannasuarus

Computer graphics would be the best bet in my opinion. I'll watch anything avp though and pay for it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed