Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 916,980 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I really liked Far Cry 2.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I loved the atmosphere and setting, but it got hacked to bits during development and all the really interesting features got taken out. Like how you were originally supposed to be able to pick a side in the conflict and influence the two factions, but in the end it invariably boiled down to everyone trying to kill you regardless of which side you were working for.

And the ending was just massively underwhelming. In particular I f**king hated how it made such a big deal of you building up relationships with all your buddies only for them to all turn on you in the conclusion regardless. It made the whole thing feel utterly pointless. (Admittedly that might've been the point, but I just found it totally unsatisfying.)

Also there was that whole weapon degradation mechanic. Really cool in principle, but it just wound up being totally frustrating in practice. A lot of the best guns would start malfunctioning after just a few magazines.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 27, 2021, 12:53:53 PM
I loved the atmosphere and setting, but it got hacked to bits during development and all the really interesting features got taken out. Like how you were originally supposed to be able to pick a side in the conflict and influence the two factions, but in the end it invariably boiled down to everyone trying to kill you regardless of which side you were working for.

This is the only part that shits me. Everyone else f**king you over for the diamonds is pretty on-brand for the theme of everyone in the war being a tremendous c**t, and the degradation of guns never annoyed me too much - but that could be down to my choices of weapons and heavy reliance on vehicle mounted guns/use of the procedural fire mechanic.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Leveling up and grinding for some of the Aliens: Fireteam Elite unlocks.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 27, 2021, 03:32:30 PM
my choices of weapons

Which on this playthrough have been...

Early game:
- Break-barrel launcher
- Dragunov
- LMG

Mid game:
As above, but with the SAW

Late game:
- Uzi
- Grenade launcher
- Gas Rifle

Occasionally swapping things out for shotguns on various CQC missions. Bought the relevant bandoliers/webbing and Ghillie suit ASAP, since if you boost your stealth early and carry a longrifle you never really need to buy any health upgrades (although I'll be grabbing both syrette upgrades for the endgame slog). 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Monster Hunter World Iceborne

Actually my first time "beating" Iceborne, as in I slayed Shara Ishvalda but I know there's still more endgame stuff.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Alan Wake remastered.... I remember really liking this game when it came out like 11 years ago or something. Still has its charm so far!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm savouring the endgame of FC2 currently, and while rooting about old websites pertaining to it I rediscovered this:

https://reubenblog.typepad.com/reubens_blog/aboutreuben.html

MONTHS of blogposts written by the fictional journalist you liaise with in-game, and it was delicious ARG action in the leadup to the release.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Nearly done with Inky.

Stitch

Stitch

Nothing, really. I finished Moons of Madness and Tacoma the other day. Picked up a Linx Vision 8 tablet and have been trying to find games that will run on it. DMC Devil May Cry and Doom 3 BFG run decently, but I've already finished those. Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story, and Lifeless Planet also seem to run decently, so I've had a quick run on those, but I haven't started playing properly, really.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 11, 2021, 10:14:18 AM
Nearly done with Inky.

Including the post-game DLC?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Including that.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Are you still enjoying it?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not particularly.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What changed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed