Alien Fans Documentary

Started by Darkness, Jan 24, 2010, 11:35:07 PM

Author
Alien Fans Documentary (Read 21,012 times)

Darkness

Darkness

You may remember the Alien Makers documentaries put together by Dennis Lowe. His newest documentary is about the fans and he’s interviewed various members in the online Alien community. The interview includes Mike Lynch, Julian Bloom, Michael Seigler, Philippe Carini, Marc  Caro, Aaron Percival, Fred Blanchard, Graham Langridge, Bijan Aalam,  John Milas, and Dominic Kulcsar.

Some of those people you may know from the community. Mike Lynch runs Anchorpoint  Essays; Aaron Percival is our very own Corporal Hicks; Michael  Seigler, you may better know as Mr. Domino and Dominic Kulcsar is also known as wmmvrrvrrmm. They basically talk about what they thought of the Alien series and how it’s affected them in their lives. It’s quite interesting.  The interview runs for about an hour and half. You can stream it over on Alien Experience or you can download it directly here. (344MB)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Was a great experience. Glad it came out so well.  :) The variety of stories and people in the documentary is great. Really shows just how broad the appeal is.

Vakarian

Vakarian

This Sounds pretty cool streaming it now  :D

taabuu2342

taabuu2342

i can't hear it :'(

InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat

It isn't playing for me in IE or firefox.  ???

*EDIT* ohhh I'll just download it.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Wonderful film. More or less just repeating what I've said elsewhere, but this and the Makers films before them are a real blessing to our community.

Other franchises have documentaries that are controlled by the studio that focus on only the director, and some of the stars usually. We've got that now, plus some that focus on the other guys, the guys that worked and toiled doing all the amazing things that made Alien seem so real to us, both then and now, and they weren't controlled by the studio, so there was no censorship as to what was said (I'm looking at you, David Fincher...)

And a documentary about the fans? I mean, sure, there was Trekkies, but that was more of an exercise in "look how weird these people are" rather than a celebration of why they were fans. Alien Fans is a truly unique film, in that it manages to take all these people from radically different backgrounds and situations, and boil it down in 90 minutes to just what makes Alien such a special and enduring film, and what makes everyone here love it so.

Also, that ending was fantastic.

tigerija

tigerija

Tnx for this Dark.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

When did I miss this? would have loved to talk about the Alien series, could have gone on for days, oh well.

Brother

Brother

Nice film. Worth watching.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2010, 11:40:14 PM
Was a great experience. Glad it came out so well.  :) The variety of stories and people in the documentary is great. Really shows just how broad the appeal is.

congratulations Hicks (aaron).

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

If this is about big alien fans then why is Sil not in this?

Darkness

Darkness

He's in Australia for starters. I think he had a video camera and he was going to do it over the internet at one point. I guess there's a lot of people who wanted to do this but couldn't for various reasons.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

And what about you?

SiL

SiL

I was going to do it, but then I got busy at work, then it slipped my mind completely, and then it was too late.

Griffith

Griffith

OMFG I need those Nostromo blueprints

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed