DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 75,749 times)

Corporal Hicks

It's not out yet.

Nostromo

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 29, 2019, 01:15:04 PM
Waiting for the TPB from Amazon for almost two months now. Was supposed to be released on 7 March.
Doesn't look like there are any copies in eBay either.

My Dust to Dust TPB Pre Order always had this date for release, Release date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Unless they changed it, maybe I'm losing memory, not sure.

Weird that the Aliens Rescue TPB has not been made available for pre ordering yet.

My other pre orders have these as release dates as of now:

William Gibson's Alien 3  Release date: August 6 2019
Aliens: Resistance Release date: August 20, 2019

Corporal Hicks

Picked up the trade. Not much in way of extra material unfortunately. Foreword from Gabriel with some character design sketches.

Wweyland

Hope mine will be shipped soon.

Nostromo

Nostromo

TPB just arrived. Covers heading towards fully recycled paper?

Interior pages actually feel better than the cover. Looks like a nice Alien setting inside.

Nukiemorph

Just got mine.  They actually fixed the art error!

Mom has one arm when she jumps at Maxon.

SM

SM

Nice.

Xenomrph

My copy arrived in the mail today but I might not get a chance to read it for a day or two.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Almost done reading the TPB, honestly someone could read the whole tpb in about 15 mins, it's the reason why I don't buy single comics, every issue must have been a 4 minute read, I don't mind, just hate opening the bag, remove comic, read, insert back in 4 minutes x 4 times lol.

Spoiler
Anyhow........LOVE the colors, story is alright, setting is good, not sure about the whole hi mom you're the alien right? thing.........
[close]
But man, whoever drew those 2 Aliens near the beginning did a great job, top 10 Aliens I've ever seen, actually all were well done, some Alien, some Aliens types.

Curious as to how it ends. Good stuff.

Spoiler
Dang..curiosity killed the cat...or rather a one armed alien moms almost killed her son..huh...but then jumps on an Alien queen and beats that with one arm. I'm sorry, but....no.

Could have also added an extra panel showing the kid waiting for his mom's facehugger to go away. That looked like a 1 minute facehug.

Besides that it was good..story looked like it had more potential though..front and back cover kinda have sucky art and feel of covers is thin and flat.

Could do a lot better DH...7/10 or 6.5/10 because of the uggy cover art and feel.

Going to listen to the podcast review hope Xenomorphine goes on a small rant on a few things, lol.
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: David's Creation on May 15, 2019, 04:45:44 AM
Just got mine.  They actually fixed the art error!

Mom has one arm when she jumps at Maxon.

Spoiler
I'm just trying to better understand what I saw and read. Did the Alien jump on the child to kill him, followed by what appears to be the adult chick b!tch slapping the Alien to Oblivion, (tell me she somehow used those large robotic arms to do that), and after all that, the Alien proceeds to than attack an Queen Alien to save the kid? I guess it's one way to end it lol.
[close]

Is that what happened or am I missing something?

A few more storylines should have been blended in the ending aboard the WY ship. 5 more pages of story of something interesting would have possibly covered up some flaws.

Still a very decent Alien comic and/or TPB to buy and read though. Liked the intro and foreword also.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: Nostromo on May 18, 2019, 12:54:24 AM
Spoiler
I'm just trying to better understand what I saw and read. Did the Alien jump on the child to kill him, followed by what appears to be the adult chick b!tch slapping the Alien to Oblivion, (tell me she somehow used those large robotic arms to do that), and after all that, the Alien proceeds to than attack an Queen Alien to save the kid? I guess it's one way to end it lol.
[close]

Is that what happened or am I missing something?

A few more storylines should have been blended in the ending aboard the WY ship. 5 more pages of story of something interesting would have possibly covered up some flaws.

Still a very decent Alien comic and/or TPB to buy and read though. Liked the intro and foreword also.

Spoiler
Yeah...  The alien from the mom protects Maxon on multiple occasions.  But there's one point where she jumps at him, (presumably to kill him), and the chick bitch slaps her with a big robot arm thingy.

The author wanted it to be ambiguous whether or not she's protecting Maxon... but from what we gather here, the only way he did that was to insert one moment that contradicts her behavior in the rest of the story, which isn't a very good way to go about ambiguity.
[close]

SM

SM

Sounds pretty ambiguous to me.

The Old One

The Old One

So much for no conscience, remorse or delusions of morality.

Nostromo

Quote from: The Old One on May 18, 2019, 04:42:42 PM
So much for no conscience, remorse or delusions of morality.

Big like! Yes, that's what bugs me about Aliens and relationships n thingies. They just shouldn't be there. Ash confirmed it. And when Ash confirms, he confirms.

SM

SM

Ash also called a organism that is entirely dependent on a completely different organism of certain size "perfect".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed