Bolaji’s height.

Started by Meathead320, Mar 11, 2007, 06:23:33 AM

Author
Bolaji’s height. (Read 2,006 times)

Meathead320

Meathead320

Just got done looking at HR Giger's Alien design book.

On page 66. he mentions that Bolaji is 6'10.5". or 209 cm.

I always thought Bolaji was 7'0"+ or 213 cm+.

Not that 6'10.5" is short, just that I thought he was more than this.

Given the Alien's head I would say is it around 7'6" in this case, with its head held in a horizontal position.

Newsfop

Newsfop

According to the bio on imdb . . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Height
7' 2" (2.18 m)

Trivia
His role as the title character (the Alien) in Alien (1979) was practically tailor-made to suit him. Badejo was a young African design student when he was picked up from a bar by Ridley Scott (director of 'Alien'). He was as big as Scott wanted the alien to be: at least two metres (6ft 7in) tall. In fact, he stood at well over 7ft. It was Scott's intention to create a monster that looked as if no human could be behind the mask. It was to be long and angular, with an impossible frame that only a few men would be able to fill. Badejo filled the role.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://imdb.com/name/nm0045993/bio

Meathead320

Meathead320

Yeah that is what I thought too!  ???

I know IMDB exaggerates on height sometimes.

Not as big as an exaggeration, but at one time they had Nathan Jones listed at 6'11.5" which was 1.5" too much, and now it has been corrected to 6'10".

But Bolaji being 3.5" shorter than IMDB lists him. I would have just ignored it, if it were not who it was coming from.

HR.Giger himself. He would have to know EXACTLY how tall Bolaji was in order to make a suit to perfectly fit him.

I doubt IMDB has measured him, 6'10.5" is freakishly tall in itself  :o, and in person I bet most would mistake him for a 7'2" man. Easily, especially with shoes on.

That and the guy was skinny as a pencil on a diet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed