New ACM mod out!!

Started by general_bradly, Mar 29, 2016, 07:24:52 PM

Author
New ACM mod out!! (Read 23,813 times)

Number13

Number13

I'm intrigued. How do you play it? Do you need a PC version of the game? Which shouldn't be too hard to get considering the price dropped after time and the bad reviews.

rexemmen

rexemmen

Indeed for the noobs among us (me ;) ) is there a tutorial of some sorts to get this on my PC. How does it work?

Anonymous

Anonymous

nice to see the game didnt go to waste after all
sadly, i wish someone implemented a way to play as the aliens -_-

Sgt. Breen

Sgt. Breen

On the online multi player, you can play as the ALIENS.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I salute this modder for taking his time on a labor of tragic, heartbreaking love that breathes much-needed life into the insult that was Colonial Marines.

It almost makes me want to buy it again just to try your mod, man, except I gave that fat lying bastard sixty of my precious dollars once, and I'll be damned if I'm ever doing that again.

I'll have to acquire it through other means. I'm sure you've worked your ass off on this - thank you, and keep up the great work.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 07, 2016, 09:25:56 PM
I'm intrigued. How do you play it? Do you need a PC version of the game? Which shouldn't be too hard to get considering the price dropped after time and the bad reviews.

Yeah, it's for the PC.

Quote from: rexemmen on Apr 07, 2016, 10:55:39 PM
Indeed for the noobs among us (me ;) ) is there a tutorial of some sorts to get this on my PC. How does it work?

There is a readme file with instructions included in the download.

rexemmen

rexemmen

Sweet!! Thanks dude!!

Number13

Number13

Groovy. I'll think about it. Thanks for the info Hicks

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

I wonder if fox will give us a remake of colonial marines in the near future? I think one big question this site should ask of any one associated with fox or even fox itself is, is colonial marines still considered canon? If not then theres massive potential there to anyone whose had their own ideas of how that story should have went. No one so far in comics or novels has referenced anything from colonial marines so far so is it still legitimate to the overall discontinuity?

Number13

Number13

I think the problem with ACM regarding "continuity" is that it flew too close to the original movies. I feel like Colonial Marines should've been a standalone story where it didn't make too many major events so it doesn't contradict anything. It could've involved another group of Marines that wasn't on LV-426, could've been just another Alien infestation. Maybe it could've been another colony built on LV-426. I mean, I love Hicks and I dislike Alien3, but I feel bringing back Hicks was a bit of a copout. I feel if they wanted to bring back Hicks, they would've just been better off retconning 3 and 4, probably would've been best to just leave him out.

Again, they should've just done a standalone story that didn't have any big connections. I mean come on, they expect us to believe that Hadley's Hope survived an explosion the size of Nebraska?

Course, I never consider videogames and books as canon, cause once they make the next movie, they get retconned. Like the Aliens comic books got retconned when Alien3 came out, and even more when Resurrection came out, and especially after Prometheus. Star Wars expanded universe anyone? Don't get me wrong, expanded universes are great for new ideas, but they'll only be canon for a short time. They always do.

One last thing and then I'll shut up. The instructions seem to say that you need Steam and Windows to get it to work. But I have a Mac. But I also have Crossover, which sometimes work. So if I buy this on Steam with Crossover can I play it? Or would I have better luck buying the CDRom and installing it that way?

[BAM] Yojimbo

[BAM] Yojimbo

This is amazing news, would it be compatible with multiplayer???

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 08, 2016, 11:28:20 PM
One last thing and then I'll shut up. The instructions seem to say that you need Steam and Windows to get it to work. But I have a Mac. But I also have Crossover, which sometimes work. So if I buy this on Steam with Crossover can I play it? Or would I have better luck buying the CDRom and installing it that way?

Unfortunately I have no idea. I didn't think people really used Macs for gaming anymore. You could give it a go - its cheap enough now-a-days.

general_bradly

general_bradly

You guys made this a news release!! Awesome!  I played V2 of mod and it  was great. Aliens are very dangerous in the campaign. Bug hunt is almost impossible until you get a sentry gun. Definitely try this out.

EvilMark

EvilMark

Replayed this game a month or two ago with V2, definitely a big improvement. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed the game and the story, particularly the hicks return. On the replay I was able to identify many places where cuts and/or alterations were clearly made during the final rush to completion, and it was fun taking all those puzzle pieces and trying to figure out what the original story progression was intended to be.

[BAM] Yojimbo

[BAM] Yojimbo

I am planning on reinstalling this game again and use this mod, anyone still playing on STEAM here? :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed