Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 608,431 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I love Pitch Black. Apart from the now obvious aged CGI for the monsters.

Wysps

Wysps

Same.  Some parts didn't age so well, but the general idea and Riddick's character are pretty solid in my book.  Those sequels on the other hand  :(

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

I loved Pitch Black.  Chronicles of Riddick was meh, the story was a little too far from the PB but still an OK movie.  Riddick had so much potential, someone really needed to step in and save it before it went to theaters.  Especially the dialog. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well after 2 full days back at work after 3rd lockdown I feel like death, particularly my hands, arms, back, legs and feet.

I've never had a massage before but when this whole pandemic thing is past us I think I'll give my cracking, sore and broken body a proper vacation.

I think one day though I'll want to leave the heavy lifting kind of work in the past and find new work, a new experience where I don't have to lift a single box or cabinet or pallet for 8 hours a day at minimum wage and no chance to talk about the bonus situation either.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I worked for an essential business................so it's all been the same its always been to me. 

I actually liked all three of riddick movies.  I originally didn't like Chronicles because it just felt so far out there in comparison to the first.  It kind of dropped an Alien vibe for an almost SW one, and that kind of shit used to bother me bad.  Not so much anymore. 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Chronicles is equal with Pitch Black for me. It may as well be totally unrelated but it's too much fun to give a f**k.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is bonkers that it even got made.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I liked both, but it was like they were set in totally different universes.

The third movie was utterly forgettable though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I like all three but they're far from a cohesive series.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 15, 2021, 10:48:30 PM
It is bonkers that it even got made.

Vin Diesel LARPs with Judy Dench: The Movie.

Vaako did nothing wrong btw.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 14, 2021, 06:36:50 AM
Chronicles is equal with Pitch Black for me. It may as well be totally unrelated but it's too much fun to give a f**k.

Always enjoyed Chronicles myself. Completely different, but I dug the direction. I keep wanting to revisit the films actually. Never did see the anime though.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

After being back at work enough and getting some rest in between my body is starting to catch up thankfully.

Could do without the drama though, like when a coworker starts cussing out a customer then raging the rest of the shift. Apparently when I was off yesterday he did the same thing again but then started fighting coworkers too.

When I'm on the job getting that angry and aggressive is unthinkable to me, sure I have bad days but not to such unbridled extent, maybe it's because of MMA (BJJ and kickboxing) that I just don't feel a need to get loud and raging because I have that kind of confidence or self-reassurance that I know that I am safe or something, something like that. One of my coaches could probably explain it better.

Besides that I just know there's some level of professionalism expected of us, you know try to be calm and civil and maybe even persuasive.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Well, it's the second time I've eaten spoiled food after being told it was still good.  :P

Yet I still feel okay and someone even said I must have a cast iron gut, I myself am even speculating if it's possible my consumption of sauerkraut on a near daily basis is playing a role (which has enough lactobacillus to put yogurt to shame). If not a bit by the spoon then I love it with my hot dogs, schnitzel and frikadelle.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Courtesy of "The Nostromo Files" I was reminded today was the anniversary of the passing of Ian Holm. May he rest in peace. :'( I always wished he had participated in one of the ALIEN film commentaries. I would so loved to hear his reminisces of the film. I have yet to explore any of his biographies. Hopefully something is there. You are missed Ian.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My Arthur & Lancelot episode is now up.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed