NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,908 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

A 1/4th scale Alien Runner and Alien would be an instant buy...

aliens4life92

aliens4life92

to clarify i stay on top of necas twitter and just wanted you all to know she will be in scale randy is allready talking about how huge she is and how excited he is i can't wait as for the question about all aliens in the movies as long as we support the line were at least guarenteed to get all aliens and expect in scale eggs and face hugers next year to the 1/6 scale figures support the aliens line and i think we will get pretty much all we ever hoped for except ripley cus they havent got her likeness and randy said if he ever did he said hed make either a single carded ripley fig or a ripley with power loader box set or both if they can afford to heres to hoping thanx aliens fans :)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Technically, there isn't anything stopping them creating just the powerloader. Or articulated dropship, APC, Sulaco, etcetera, too...

crazypredator2

crazypredator2

ordered the genocide 2 pack today, gotta have that red alien.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

I'll be frequently visiting TRU weekly until I can get my hands on that genocide pack

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Aug 07, 2013, 11:57:37 PM
I'll be frequently visiting TRU weekly until I can get my hands on that genocide pack

Let us know how it turns out. Ill keep everyone posted over here in NJ.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

http://s24.postimg.org/d5xbv2kdh/forumpicredblack.jpg

Wow, I love the red alien, and the black is awesome too. I really hope the new Giger Alien has the same paint job.

And note to Raiden: There is no extra decoration/piece that comes with the 2-pack. By "decoration" I think they just mean the way the figures are "decorated" is exclusive to the 2-pack, not found anywhere else.

JokersWarPig

Tribal

Tribal

From twitter:

This 4.5" tall Alien Egg is an incredibly detailed recreation of the mysterious eggs from the Alien films. Closed, the egg glows with an eerie green light... but press the button concealed on the back and launch a rubbery Facehugger high into the air!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMThUB4vyyw#ws

This egg will look awesome with my 18" Alien Classic  8)

crazypredator2

crazypredator2

got my genocide 2 pack today, I love it!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

My Genocide pack should be here any minute now!

Well I got my 2-pack, and my black Alien has some pretty serious quality control issues. :( The right leg was warped right out of the packaging so it can't exactly stand up, he's got a pretty bad overbite so his teeth don't line up when the mouth is closed, and the inner jaw is all cockeyed when it's inside the mouth, and when the inner-jaw is extended it just... hangs limply. I'm pretty disappointed, I was really looking forward to the black Alien. :(

Red one is pretty kickass, though.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 13, 2013, 10:45:36 PM
My Genocide pack should be here any minute now!

Well I got my 2-pack, and my black Alien has some pretty serious quality control issues. :( The right leg was warped right out of the packaging so it can't exactly stand up, he's got a pretty bad overbite so his teeth don't line up when the mouth is closed, and the inner jaw is all cockeyed when it's inside the mouth, and when the inner-jaw is extended it just... hangs limply. I'm pretty disappointed, I was really looking forward to the black Alien. :(

Red one is pretty kickass, though.

Sorry to hear that, man. but I REALY hate to say this, but mind you I'm speaking out of expereance and track records, but the two packs always seem to suffer in some form of Quality Control. now I realize this won't be the case for Everyone, I get that. but I noticed that with alot of the two packs, theres either Paint issues, or something wrong with the mold like explained here. I'm thinking sence their develouping two figures for the pack, their putting more effort into the main attraction of the pack, in this case the Red one. but thats not always true. at Toys R Us I saw a Genoside Pack with both figures greatly deformed. (the red one had the side of his head caved in from a botched Molding process the way it looks, and the black one's arms were both made for the right side. so he had two right arms, and the knees were disconnected from the figure, the Red one also had one of the restraint wire pulled in it so much that it indented the plastic of the figure)

Now thats not to say this is with all figures as I said. theres gonna be some with nothing wrong with them. but it seems poor Xenomrph here must have gotten one of the bad apples of the bunch.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

There aren't many video reviews of the 2-pack on youtube (yet), but one of them is from a guy who bought like 3 sets of the 2-pack and only got one dud out of the 6 figures - one of his Red Aliens has a really floppy hip joint.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

This is why i never order these things online. If u ever saw me at a Toys R Us, ud see a boy STUDYING for 20 mins each of em.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Even then, there's no way to catch all the problems. With my black Alien, with the inner jaw being defective and the teeth not lining up? There's no way to catch that in the packaging.

I'm totally willing to buy "creature" things online because QC issues tend to come in 2 flavors: paint errors (which are hardly a big deal on things like Aliens or Predators, if they're even noticeable) and actual physical defects. I've found that defects are fairly rare, so I'm willing to take the chance.
Buying human characters is another matter entirely - paint errors can be a lot more common, and can completely cripple a human figure. I'm SUPER-picky about paint apps on the face/eyes, so I never buy human figures from NECA online.

I tweeted NECA about it and they replied to my tweet and told me to email them so they could "see what they can do about it". I've also contacted BBTS about a potential replacement. One way or another, someone's going to make this right. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed