Forum/Website Bugs

Started by Darkness, Nov 14, 2006, 09:07:57 AM

Author
Forum/Website Bugs (Read 178,247 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Tested it myself, can't seem to get that to happen.

I know some browsers do download pages in advance of links you might visit on the page even if you don't. I think this definitely happens on mobile browsers. I think that might be what's happening.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Thanks for looking in on it. :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Please lift this archaic 15 messages per hour limit.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's to prevent spam. Had problems in the past.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 25, 2021, 05:54:02 PM
archaic

This, but in a broader sense. The oldskool forum style is half the reason I hang around, but that audience is a dying breed. Is there any intention to get more modern software with more features and better embedding, somewhere down the line?

Darkness

Darkness

The embedding does generally work. I know tweets don't always because people put the ?s at the end.

I do like SMF but development has gotten so slow on it. SMF 2.1 is still coming which brings a few new features. No plans to change it, no. A lot of the site is based around SMF, the amount of work involved in say changing over to vbulletin, it's just too much. It'd be like learning everything from scratch.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Cold Iron Studio'#8217s Aliens: Fireteam?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah, apostrophes and quote marks in thread titles are busted as hell. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Also I'm sure you're aware but any time a guest comments there appears to be a delay such that their post ends up in the middle of a bunch of other posters, that often already had the back and forth then moved on, leaving their post half way up the page being ignored.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's not the first time, but sometimes I can't comment or modify my own threads. This is the most recent.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64797.0

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Also been having trouble with quotes sometimes shrinking my reply to unreadably small text. Seems to be more common if I copy/paste a second quote box into a reply, as opposed to just replying twice and letting it auto-merge, but it's happened without that too.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 02, 2021, 11:17:09 PM
Cold Iron Studio'#8217s Aliens: Fireteam?

Hmm, the title thing is to do with when the news post is posted on the frontpage, it's copied to the forum and weird characters sometimes appear for apostrophes, speech marks etc. I still need to fix that.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 02, 2021, 11:54:32 PM
Also I'm sure you're aware but any time a guest comments there appears to be a delay such that their post ends up in the middle of a bunch of other posters, that often already had the back and forth then moved on, leaving their post half way up the page being ignored.

That one is deliberate as guest posts are on post approval, same as new members. You can still see them on the frontpage but on the forum, they're temporarily hidden. Just to limit the amount of damage guests could do. I don't think members tend to reply guests on the forum but yeah, I see the point but I don't think it would make sense to have them at the end when they're approved as the conversation may have moved on.

QuoteIt's not the first time, but sometimes I can't comment or modify my own threads. This is the most recent.

Yeah, I can see the error in the log. Were you editing the title or the post?

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 03, 2021, 12:13:33 AM
Also been having trouble with quotes sometimes shrinking my reply to unreadably small text. Seems to be more common if I copy/paste a second quote box into a reply, as opposed to just replying twice and letting it auto-merge, but it's happened without that too.

Are you on mobile?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but isn't there someone more impartial to fix the page bugs?  :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 03, 2021, 12:24:27 PM
QuoteIt's not the first time, but sometimes I can't comment or modify my own threads. This is the most recent.

Yeah, I can see the error in the log. Were you editing the title or the post?

The error occurs on two different occasions: when I want to edit the thread and I see that I can't, I decided to post instead (a reply) and I couldn't either; and the site showed me the same error.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed