The Predator Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Author
The Predator Reviews (Read 71,233 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xan21 on Sep 15, 2018, 09:34:17 AM
Chris Stuckman is right... about everything.
One thing's for sure, Chris Stuckman saw the same movie I did and wow, I completely agree with his review. I'm also very disappointed.

The movie had no cohesive narrative. It was literally just scenes pasted together. I mean holy shit, I defend Aliens vs Predator: Requiem because I honestly don't think it is as bad a movie as many make it out to be. However The Predator makes less sense to me than that movie. It is the worst Predator movie. Predator is granted "greatest of all time" accord in my honest opinion. Both Predator 2 and Predators are very good movies. However The Predator is a D+ film.

Then again, for a video game movie, it's not that bad.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Can't really trust in what Chris stuckmann says he also gave the last jedi an A- 
so yeah there went all that credibility out the window

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 11:46:41 AM
Can't really trust in what Chris stuckmann says he also gave the last jedi an A- 
The Last Jedi is an awful movie but it had top notch production values and besides, no ones perfect. I'm sure Disney threatened him too. :P

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: whiterabbit on Sep 15, 2018, 11:49:24 AM
The Last Jedi is an awful movie but it had top notch production values and besides, no ones perfect. I'm sure Disney threatened him too. :P

Well rian Johnson ruined star wars so it couldn't really have gone any worse than it did for the last jedi
And because of what happened we saw the after effects with Han solo it bombed completely.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I repeat "from my perspective" and there wasn't really a consensus or a conclusion, only two people out of five or more said they didn't have a problem with it, the others didn't comment on that matter and while I still have a problem with it, I simply have not commented back yet. Also I don't think we get to vote if something is a problem or not because if something is contradicting something, then it is an issue even if minor and even others don't mind it. Of course it is subjective as well.

It is safe to say there is plenty of people that have a problem with it, it is likely that just after multiple movies and media depicting it, they gave up mentioning it because what is the point? Fox, Scott and whomever will do what they want regardless of fan expectations or previous movies. I myself feel like what's the point in mentioning this stuff when it is more than likely the next film will do just the same thing if not worse.

I never said his death was a contradiction, Marachuk was comatose and therefor under the effects of the paralytic, removing the hugger at that point would kill the host. Lope was not unconscious, he was litterally impregnated instantly within seconds which is what contradicts the events of Aliens. Those two facehuggers that attack Ripley and Newt should have already impregnated Marachuk and that other colonist if they had the ability to instantly implant a host and thus they should not have been alive for burke to use.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 12:15:02 PM

Well rian Johnson ruined star wars so it couldn't really have gone any worse than it did for the last jedi
And because of what happened we saw the after effects with Han solo it bombed completely.

Some fans hated the idea of a Solo movie without Ford, way before TLJ though and the marketing was crap, which was a shame because it was actually a decent movie, also TLJ is currently the best selling blu-ray of 2018, so it's not as hated as some people think it is.

Just like Iron-Man 3, TLJ isn't liked by some people (Vocal Minority) but it's not universally hated, certainly not enough to stop a lot of people buying the blu-ray, plus all the good reviews and tons of money it made.

Nathsp

Nathsp

Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 15, 2018, 12:29:48 PM
I repeat "from my perspective" and there wasn't really a consensus or a conclusion, only two people out of five or more said they didn't have a problem with it, the others didn't comment on that matter and while I still have a problem with it, I simply have not commented back yet. Also I don't think we get to vote if something is a problem or not because if something is contradicting something, then it is an issue even if minor and even others don't mind it. Of course it is subjective as well.

It is safe to say there is plenty of people that have a problem with it, it is likely that just after multiple movies and media depicting it, they gave up mentioning it because what is the point? Fox, Scott and whomever will do what they want regardless of fan expectations or previous movies. I myself feel like what's the point in mentioning this stuff when it is more than likely the next film will do just the same thing if not worse.

I never said his death was a contradiction, Marachuk was comatose and therefor under the effects of the paralytic, removing the hugger at that point would kill the host. Lope was not unconscious, he was litterally impregnated instantly within seconds which is what contradicts the events of Aliens. Those two facehuggers that attack Ripley and Newt should have already impregnated Marachuk and that other colonist if they had the ability to instantly implant a host and thus they should not have been alive for burke to use.

Well scott dont care about any other alien movie, while other directors follow the movies adding something he just did whatever he wanted, he dont even care about the first alien timeline and space jockey size...

Vocal minority? Most of people i know hate rhe movie, and it sell blue rays because collectionism, i have all marvel blue rays including iron man 3, but i never gonna see it again, like covenant, the torture and mental diarrea with those movis is to much for me

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 12:57:22 PM

Some fans hated the idea of a Solo movie without Ford, way before TLJ though and the marketing was crap, which was a shame because it was actually a decent movie, also TLJ is currently the best selling blu-ray of 2018, so it's not as hated as some people think it is.

Just like Iron-Man 3, TLJ isn't liked by some people (Vocal Minority) but it's not universally hated, certainly not enough to stop a lot of people buying the blu-ray, plus all the good reviews and tons of money it made.

yeah but if you look at the TLJ blu ray sales vs the force awakens its a huge letdown.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 01:05:39 PM

yeah but if you look at the TLJ blu ray sales vs the force awakens its a huge letdown.

Sure there are probably more people that hated TFA than TLJ, but still both still sold very well.

Personally I loved TLJ though (and Iron-Man 3) I didn't mind the direction it took, it was still a well made movie overall with some great performances from the cast, even if the script wasn't perfect.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 01:28:28 PM

Sure there are probably more people that hated TFA than TLJ, but still both still sold very well.

Personally I loved TLJ though (and Iron-Man 3) I didn't mind the direction it took, it was still a well made movie overall with some great performances from the cast, even if the script wasn't perfect.

that's fair enough im not the one to speak hehe i really enjoyed the predator ( gave it a solid 9 out of 10) so i understand.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 01:37:44 PM

that's fair enough im not the one to speak hehe i really enjoyed the predator ( gave it a solid 9 out of 10) so i understand.

Haha, no worries we all have different tastes and I also had a blast with The Predator, so I'm with you on that one.

Fugitive Predator

Fugitive Predator

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Sep 15, 2018, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: Fugitive Predator on Sep 15, 2018, 01:37:44 PM

Haha, no worries we all have different tastes and I also had a blast with The Predator, so I'm with you on that one.

I enjoyed iron man 3, it was cool to see something different.
but IM sorry I cannot support you on the last jedi ( it broke my heart)  :'(

The Old One

The Old One

I guarantee more people hated TLJ than TFA.

Yautja_Warrior

Yautja_Warrior

After people complained about TFA being too safe and a copy of ANH, I guess they wanted to shake it up and go in unexpected directions. Part of the reason I liked it really.

Rey not being related to old characters (unless they alter that in the next one, but that would be cliché, so hopefully that sticks) Leia using The Force, Snoke dying out of nowhere, Kylo and Rey vs the Praetorian Guards, so awesome and then Luke trolling kylo at the end was genius.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

The parallel between IM3, TLJ and The Predator being that they are toying with peoples expectations. And so far I like TLJ a whole lot better than how the other two treated established characters...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed