First DLC of 2022 is Wolf

Started by RidgeTop, Mar 03, 2022, 09:22:12 PM

Author
First DLC of 2022 is Wolf (Read 10,699 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-notes-2-36/26716

Also of note, Noland's mask from Predators is unlockable at Rank 250:

Kradan

Kradan

Is it just me or does he look ... weird ? Idk, something seems off

Voodoo should be better with putting it to words

After few more looks, I think head looks kinda small

Wweyland

Wweyland

Nolands mask looks too small perhaps

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 03, 2022, 09:28:19 PM
Is it just me or does he look ... weird ? Idk, something seems off

Voodoo should be better with putting it to words

After few more looks, I think head looks kinda small

More like mask is too big:

But head size looks fine.

Also. netting is missing and one of the eyes isn't blind. Besides the DLC, barely any gameplay balance changes so its just another lackluster failure in trying to increase game quality and just taking people's money for hollow and bugged DLC content.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Pretty disappointing update honestly. Hopefully we get a more sizable one for the third anniversary in late April.

Kailem

Kailem

Wolf was absolutely who I was most hoping this update would feature, so I'm definitely glad about that; even with the presence of the now seemingly obligatory visual "quirks".

Little disappointed that we didn't get an AVPR skin for the plasma pistol though, especially since they show him holding it in the promo art. I never had any expectations that we'd get his whip or mines or anything truly new, but given that we've had a few weapon skins now with DLC characters it does kinda suck that he gets nothing.

And yeah overall it's a pretty small update, but to be honest I think the days of "big" updates with new maps and modes are behind us now. I'm just happy we at least got another cool movie Predator added to the game after all this time, rather than never at all.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Kailem on Mar 03, 2022, 10:02:41 PM
Wolf was absolutely who I was most hoping this update would feature, so I'm definitely glad about that; even with the presence of the now seemingly obligatory visual "quirks".

Little disappointed that we didn't get an AVPR skin for the plasma pistol though, especially since they show him holding it in the promo art. I never had any expectations that we'd get his whip or mines or anything truly new, but given that we've had a few weapon skins now with DLC characters it does kinda suck that he gets nothing.

And yeah overall it's a pretty small update, but to be honest I think the days of "big" updates with new maps and modes are behind us now. I'm just happy we at least got another cool movie Predator added to the game after all this time, rather than never at all.

Yeah no weapons for Wolf is a missed opportunity. I mean at least reskin that handheld plasma pistol, they already have the model on his shoulder (which is too small). But he would've been perfect for dual casters, mines, the shuriken, or the whip.

I'm glad we finally have an AVP Predator in the game but his face and mask both look off. They couldn't even bother to make one of his eyes white.

I think you might have said this Kailem, but it does feel like this stuff was supposed to come out sooner and got tripped up in the lawsuit.

I still think we'll see a few more updates, I just really hope they're larger than this. Fingers crossed for the AVP hunting trio around Anniversary time. And we've seen Tracker, more masks, and a number of other datamined elements still to (hopefully) come.

I would imagine they'll be wrapping up the new content with the game around Prey time with a movie tie-in.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Bought DLC. Still locked ingame.

RidgeTop

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 03, 2022, 11:16:55 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 03, 2022, 11:11:08 PM
Bought DLC. Still locked ingame.

https://twitter.com/IllFonic/status/1499483115747778564

Yeah, I talked to them on their forums about. Just surprised this again, happened before so I assume they would test this before or at least fix it faster since they have experience dealing with this.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Haven't downloaded him myself yet but I think I can explain the face. It's the same rig they've been using for every Predator so they have to work within the confines of that else they end up with the Super Predator faces. But the face is gonna be a little off since it's not meant to be used by anything bigger than normal. Wolf kind of has a chunky mouth if that makes sense. So it having the scale of the other pred mouth and mandibles would probably be the thing that's making his face off model the most. If anything I think Scar and Fugitive would probably be the one most at home on the Hunting Grounds rig

His lack of weapons I can kind of understand. The whip is wishful thinking and given the dreadlocks flying everywhere I doubt they could get the whip to work. Dual plasmacasters may be a balance issue on top of Wolf being the only one to use it. The powerpunch glove could be the overload attack and I'm not sure how the cleaner kit would work outside a Predator mission objective. But the spear, shuriken, and pistol are oddly missing. Especially so that Wolf is even holding the pistol in the promo art.

My assumption is that the spear or shuriken would come with Scar but the pistol (especially since the pistol comes from HIS MOVIE) really should've been here.

The mask being big I can only assume would be to cover the super Predator heads.

All and all that while I'm glad he finally showed, the DLC at a glance looks far from perfect. The anniversary though I have higher hopes for.

Samhain13

Samhain13

We already have a plasma pistol on the game, I think thats why they buffed the plasma pistol, they are using that as a form of new weapon for Wolf.  :laugh: He is even holding it on the picture.

Just buff an already existing weapon, pretend its the same one that Wolf used in the movie and call it new.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

So I guess Requiem is canon to the solo series. Wolf's death is outright mentioned in the in-game description. This might also be the first time Aliens or Xenomorphs are directly mentioned in solo material (relative to the Disney era). So it looks like the crossovers are canonical all over again.

Also holy SHIT is Wolf off model. The mask specifically needs to be squished in the middle and pulled down if that makes sense. The "mouth plate" does have a flat section at the top and the bottom needs to be brought up more.

Think more the Hot Toys figure

But what it looks like was that the people or person in charge of modeling Wolf's mask seems to have based it on that cosplay mask.

And in turn Wolf himself looks like he's wearing a mediocre cosplay version of his own armor. Seriously why are his gauntlets so damn big?

EDIT- I'm not f**king done

- His gauntlets need to be shorter in length by like 20%. They almost clip into his biceps.
- His bronze or copper accents are gone for reasons that elude me.
- His backpack needs an increase in size by 10 or 15% all around.
- Why is his plasmacaster freaking puny? That thing is nearly as big as City Hunter's while in the film its large enough Humans have to hold it like a rifle.
- skin colors and armor color are not displaying correctly. They can display correctly in menu but in-game became a jumbled mess of textures.
- He currently lacks netting.
- They left the pocket for the dissolving liquid but forgot to actually put the vial in it.
- Why is the default color on his helmet so damn dark? It's nowhere near as dark in the film. I'm pretty that cosplay is also where they got the color from.
- In thermal and this is a minor point but armor is visible in thermal where here it's not. Not sure why TBH. They did make sure to highlight his crotch though.
- Wolf's roar isn't used here. So they went to the effort of giving City Hunter a distinct roar, but forgot like the Supers Wolf hardly sounds a thing like Jungle Hunter. Not like they had nothing to choose from, we've been using that gif of him roaring at Chet on the forums, use that one.

I also think they broke the A.I this update. None of the A.I attacked me and I was standing right in front of Dutch. I know they can run out of ammo but I made a B line to them at the start of the match. I gotta wonder if they half-assed the update thinking they're about to loose another license and found out they had to release it anyways when Disney won out.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Looks so much better it's not even funny.

Samhain13

Samhain13

AVP 2010 did Wolf better.

3 months for Minor bugs fixes, getting half of backwater map back, buff to plasma Pistol and an medíocre representation of my boy Wolf on the game.

Spoiler

From Illfonic forums this gives a good idea about the reception:

Patch 2.36 has to be the most sad addition/change to this game I have ever seen in the 2 Years of playing. After 10+ months of some of the worst balance in a multiplayer game I have ever bore witness to you promised you'd be taking the extra time of working on this Update and delaying it by an additional month, what you have put out has not made a change to the foundations of this game and its atrocious META we have had to suffer with for the past year. All you have done is buff a single ranged weapon. This changes nothing. It does not affect the game in any meaningful way.

You haven't even fixed major bugs & missing features. The Warpaints in the Predator Crate you LEGALLY PROMISED would be released to the Public by December of 2021 are still not out and we are in March of 2022. The Exiled's Predlocks are still not in the game, people paid for that. And speaking of paid Content.

What the Hell is Wolf. How did you do this. His model is probably more unfinished than even the Super Predators were. His face is wrong. There's no netting on him. He doesn't even have a unique skin pattern listed. All of his other skin patterns are glitched and mesh with his armor. His armor is using Captured's textures and is way too bright. His mask doesn't react to lighting at all and appears pitch black at times, and also is modelled wrong too. At the very least you remembered to include unique Predlocks this time and they're seemingly not glitching out like Black's were so hey, Predlocks guy earned a pay check I guess. You didn't even bother to give him any unique weapon or even a gear item like EVERY OTHER DLC. No Plasma Pistol Skin. No Shurikens, which we know are in the Files, not even Laser Tripmines which BTW you haven't added a new Gear item in like 9 months FYI.

This is the shit that breaks people. 3 months after promises of big balance changes and quality content and you release this. I basically paid £3 for a Mask I wanted for my Scout since Launch and better Predlocks, because the character sure as hell ain't worth it despite being possibly THE most requested character for the game aside from Scarface which I dread to think of what you'd do to him at this point. I mean seriously, Wolf is a Scout with Zerk tier Stamina and no Bullet Resistance. Who codes this stuff, who decides these stats. This is why we can't have nice things.

I worked in game dev, I know shit can be rough, I know development can be hard. This is why I spent 2 years defending you guys and taking shit from everyone else for it, I let many things slide that I personally know from first hand experience would have gotten you fired at any other company because I thought the game was fun and had potential and I knew you were a small studio. But you have been on this game for 2 years and you have people, LOYAL people, who have been playing from the BETA, who pre-ordered and were here since Midnight launch of the game telling you over & over everything wrong with how this game plays from its atrocious balancing & buggy systems and you have learnt nothing in those two years. There has been no meaningful changes in those two years. We have to practically force you to even look at weapons because half of you don't even play the game and those that do aren't even good at it, OKH didn't even know that Predator bodies stayed on the map if they Disconnect. HOW? He helped develop the game!

I'm not gonna sit here and ask for my money back, I honestly can't even be arsed and it was £3 I've bought pizzas more expensive. But it was Wolf. And it was an update you took 3 months to put out. And it was nothing. I'm sorry, under no circumstance is this output acceptable, at all. And even optimistic players who would defend you from everyone else are just now sick & tired of this. Fix your game, balance this game for the love of god, make sure a model is actually FUNCTIONAL and feature complete before you sell it.

I'm going back to Elden Ring, this is just too much of a pain in the ass to keep up with. I was there for your Beta, I was there at Launch, I've literally bought every single DLC and probably spent something close to £210 on your game in total. What you have provided thus far is not adequate service and today was pretty insulting. I know as a Former Dev myself that people deserve better and you should do better.

[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed