Bugs & Issues

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Oct 07, 2014, 07:58:15 AM

Author
Bugs & Issues (Read 75,744 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: DwayneHicks on Oct 10, 2014, 02:07:50 AM
http://kotaku.com/alien-isolation-isnt-as-scary-when-the-alien-glitches-1644006514

Watching those, it does makes the game look buggy and had very poor QA testing. I never experienced them, well except for the disappearing floors in one area.

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 09, 2014, 11:15:18 PM
Quote from: Promethean Fire on Oct 09, 2014, 11:00:39 PM
Anybody with the Xbox 360 version notice a screen burn type effect where the UI on screen displays/prompts appear?  Its like dark shaded rectangles overlaying these areas.  I swear the game wasn't like this when I first played, but during mission 17, they popped up and now seem permanent.  They are just barely noticeable, but to me they stick out like a sore thumb!
Could it be an issue with your TV?

Definitely not the TV as this only occurs during A:I gameplay.  Its an issue with the the UI on screen display (context sensitive/item prompts, health bar etc), the screen burn will temporarily vanish if I open the radial menu but return when I close the menu.  No idea whats caused it.  Another glitch to be fixed....

Sagit

Sagit

From everything I've seen so far it appears that console version of the game has all the glitches mantioned above. On my PC none of them happened. Including choppy cut-scenes, invisible walls, not working scripts and so on. Looking at it all I'm glad I hate consoles :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 09, 2014, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Oct 09, 2014, 07:24:24 PM
One mistake can bring down your whole program you know.
Obviously it didn't because it all compiled and ran.

I know, I am wondering how the compiler didn't alarmed for such obvious mistake. Some users in the Steam forums reported major difference in the xeno behavior after using the fixed file. Mostly making the xeno less aggressive. Personally I haven't tried the fix yet, so I can't say if its making any difference.

Seegson

Seegson

Some minor bugs:

-You cant use the stun baton against friendly working joes (but you can use other weapons).
-Floating weapons (only if you load a saved game)
-Some NPC cant see flares
-Bad pathfinding for npc
-Sometimes, using fire or being near it, can make amanda's body burn forever (without damage)
-Dialoges out of context during a fight

Minor bugs, can be fixed with a later patch

szkoki

szkoki

flares never worked for me as distraction actually

Seegson

Seegson

They work well for me almost everytime...but, when the bug "take control" of my flares...no matter how many of them i use...all are auseless  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: szkoki on Oct 10, 2014, 12:25:49 PM
flares never worked for me as distraction actually

Never used them against the Alien but used them a few times against the Joes and humans.

Reldn

Reldn

Ran across a pretty frustrating issue last night. Went to load my most current save and it would go to a black screen and crash every time it started to load. Yet, when I loaded a previous save it worked fine. Then, I got the idea to try loading that save from in the game itself instead of from the start menu...Loaded up perfectly fine.

Jango1201

Jango1201

It's really odd that there are so many bugs mentioned and I haven't encountered any in game yet and I'm on mission 10.

Seegson

Seegson

Quote from: Jango1201 on Oct 10, 2014, 01:46:17 PM
It's really odd that there are so many bugs mentioned and I haven't encountered any in game yet and I'm on mission 10.

Lot of bugs seem to be related to saved game files...when i suffer one, if i reload the current save...the bug its gone

Dowly

Dowly

The only bug I remember seeing is the floating guns bug. Other than that, I had completely bug free experience.

Seegson

Seegson

Another one: weird physics on some objets, like books, chairs, etc...they use to float, jump, or move without interaction by the player

newbeing

newbeing

Only issue I ran into was sometimes not being able to bring up my MT. i would need to swing my hammer first before it would let me.
That and the floating weapon thing Xhan posted about. Seems to only happen to the bolt gun.

Predboy

Predboy

Well so far the main bugs I've had are lagging in cutscenes and gameplay. I really hope they work on a patch for this because it actually kind of takes away some of the horror from the game. It's not really that scary when you hear the Alien crawling through the ducts and then as soon as you hear the thump sound of it landing right next to you, the damn game starts lagging for a couple of seconds. At that point whatever fear you may have had becomes quickly replaced with rage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed