Author
The Boys (Read 11,850 times)

First Blood

First Blood

He was pretty good in Human Target.

SM

SM

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 18, 2012, 12:42:05 AM
Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2012, 11:43:35 PMSuperheores, that are also human beings and therefore susceptable to human vices and failings.

Sounds like something you could get from picking up pretty much any comic book these days. The Boys seems just as over the top as many other comic books to me, with every second character being a nymphomanic murdering psycho for me to call it realistic.

I just think it treats the material in a much more - I dunno if 'mature' is the right word - fashion.  It's less given to the cliches and 'Hollywood endings' and dreadful earnestness of your average super hero comic.  Plus I like the idea of a corporation running the whole thing and the 'heros' often being complete c**ts, while being protected by a corporate marketing machine.  Then the actual 'heros' - ie. The Boys - are only really the heros because they're not quite as big a pack of c**ts as the superheros.  Plus it's Garth Ennis.  I'd rather read The Boys (or any of Ennis' stuff) than Thor, Fantastic Four, Spider-man, Deadpool, Superman, etc. etc.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I liked it at first as well, but I think it just got too much after a while.

ace3g

SM

SM

f**k yes.

Lack of Simon Pegg made up by Karl Urban.

MudButt

MudButt

Karl Urban is so underrated. That man is amazing. So glad he's in this.

ace3g

ace3g

MudButt

MudButt

I didn't read the graphic novel but I am super intrigued by the show. I love Karl Urban.

ace3g

ace3g

YT version

Shasvre

Shasvre

Thank you HuDaFuK for making me aware of this. Looks bloody brilliant. ;D

SM

SM

July??  Goddamnit...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

That was insane! I'm looking forward to this so hard now  :)

SiL

SiL

This looks like the bastard lovechild of Deadpool and [/i]Watchman[/i].

Hard pass.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, this is one of those things where the premise is so edge lord-y that it might be a disaster. And I love me some Garth Ennis, but The Boys is the one comic of his that never really clicked for me. At least I still have one last season of Preacher to look forward to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed