NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,173,112 times)

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: coolbreeze on Dec 17, 2010, 05:04:17 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 17, 2010, 04:30:02 AM
Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Dec 17, 2010, 01:09:29 AM
Hey, everyone! I don't know if the source is accurate, but this appears to be an image of one of the lost Predator toys...none other than Gort himself!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://robotsinc.biz/ShinyLil%27Gort.jpg&imgrefurl=http://robotsinc.biz/GORT.htm&h=861&w=427&sz=113&tbnid=tkQZVRc6Tc_05M:&tbnh=145&tbnw=72&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGort%2Btoy&zoom=1&q=Gort+toy&usg=__JUg8EXNWJk_U4zKHBmWaUeZwXWU=&sa=X&ei=0LUKTcW0EsT6lwfqrMimAg&ved=0CEYQ9QEwCA

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/gifs2/kickfail.jpg

That about sums it up Sabres...

;D :D

You know, I
Quote from: coolbreeze on Dec 19, 2010, 03:39:53 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 18, 2010, 08:21:12 PM
Quote from: coolbreeze on Dec 18, 2010, 08:16:11 PMHe's the "original" Celtic lol.  :D
Although there are similarities, he most certainly isn't. Celtic was inspired by... Celtic Knotworks.

Ya obviously, hence the quotations and the smiley...

Celtic Knotworks???!!!

It seems pretty clear that Gort inspired Celtic...though the masks are different, it seems pretty clear that the similarities are there! (If I'm wrong, please post evidence/link.  :))

Scar = Anytime, Celtic = Gort/Original Anytime, Chopper = (Very badly recreated) Kittyface

Quote from: Tribal on Dec 18, 2010, 07:37:31 PM
Quote from: tabiwasan on Dec 18, 2010, 07:47:30 AM
but I don't see what all the fuss is about the gort predator.

Gort has the coolest mask ever =D

I will buy every one of the lost hunters, but my favorites are Hippie, Borg and Snake ;)

The Boar Brothers are the ugliest with those pignose-masks >:P

Can't say I agree about the Boars, but I must add on Ram, Anytime 2, and the Elder to that list.

Snake's mandibles look weird to me, but overall he looks pretty awesome.

Oh, what the heck, I like them all (but some more than others, of course...)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Dec 19, 2010, 05:07:02 AM
Celtic Knotworks???!!!
Y. Why do you think they nicknamed him "Celtic" in first place?

It seems pretty clear that Gort inspired Celtic...
And... it didn't.

though the masks are different, it seems pretty clear that the similarities are there! (If I'm wrong, please post evidence/link.  :))
Of course.

The similarities all lie in the general shape and feel, but otherwise details and design are very different.

Scar = Anytime,
That was the intention.

Celtic = Gort/Original Anytime,
Nope, as said Celtic was an entirely new mask. Based on Celtic Knotworks.

Chopper = (Very badly recreated) Kittyface
Nope. Chopper, or Gill, was an entirely new design. The City Hunter Mask would later be partly recreated in Wolf Predator's Mask.

jhsnake999

jhsnake999

I can't wait for these Lost Predators to be made. I wonder if any of the Predators will have accessories like spears or disks as they did in the final scene in Predator 2. It would be good if Neca made a few of the skulls from that trophy room and put them in with the Elder Predator. Who knows?

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 19, 2010, 10:51:55 AM
Celtic Knotworks???!!!
Y. Why do you think they nicknamed him "Celtic" in first place?

It seems pretty clear that Gort inspired Celtic...
And... it didn't.

though the masks are different, it seems pretty clear that the similarities are there! (If I'm wrong, please post evidence/link.  :))
Of course.

The similarities all lie in the general shape and feel, but otherwise details and design are very different.

Scar = Anytime,
That was the intention.

Celtic = Gort/Original Anytime,
Nope, as said Celtic was an entirely new mask. Based on Celtic Knotworks.

Chopper = (Very badly recreated) Kittyface
Nope. Chopper, or Gill, was an entirely new design. The City Hunter Mask would later be partly recreated in Wolf Predator's Mask.

I think I just got owned.  :D

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. The similarities between the different masks do seem a little conspicuous, though....

Would I be burned alive if I said that Celtic's mask was cooler than Gort's?

Oh, heck...mask differences or no, Gort and Celtic are still distant design cousins.  ;D

Quote from: jhsnake999 on Dec 19, 2010, 01:18:58 PM
I can't wait for these Lost Predators to be made. I wonder if any of the Predators will have accessories like spears or disks as they did in the final scene in Predator 2. It would be good if Neca made a few of the skulls from that trophy room and put them in with the Elder Predator. Who knows?

Hopefully they'll make them accurate to each Predator, as well. I would love if they did them in two series of six or so figures, and each comes with a piece of the trophy wall. I think that all but the Elder and maybe Hippie come with Smart-Disks, and I know that some of them come with spears, but for other accessories I have no idea.

Do you think it would be possible for them to release the Spaceship Predator from AVPR? Also, I think some "half-stealth" figures of Anytime and Kittyface would be awesome, perhaps if they came with a painted stand/backdrop like the Active-Camo Berserker from the SDCC previews? Depending on how that figure goes....

samoht

samoht

Who the hell are all these predators?

Could someone please post a picture of them?

Thanks

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: samoht on Dec 20, 2010, 02:39:13 AM
Who the hell are all these predators?

Could someone please post a picture of them?

Thanks

Here are some suit shots...

Glaive10

Glaive10

So along with the City Hunter, we have the Elder, Ram, Borg, Boar, Snake, Hippie, Brother Boar, Gort and the P1 variant. So we could have up to 10 new Predators from NECA, with the possibility of variants of most likely the City Hunter. That's alot of Predator we could be getting in the future!!!

Wolf91

Wolf91

To top it off, We already have 7 different variants of wolf predator, unmasked berserker, masked berserker, cloaked berserker, falconer, tracker, open mandible classic pred, closed mandible classic pred, battle damaged classic pred... 15 predators and adding onto series 3, in total we will have 18 predators... Along with the possibility of 10 new preds, damn you guys do the math... Im so loving Neca predators nowww !

Glaive10

Glaive10

Bare in mind series 3 will have the masked Classic (P1) along with the Elder, I only bought 2 versions of Wolf as I don't like to have too many, I'd much rather have loads of different Preds than doubles, I've still got 3 on order that I won't see till the new year!

Peakius Baragonius

And coming soon: Wolf with hole through chest, Even More Battle Damaged Wolf, Half-Masked Wolf, No-Masked Wolf, Double Cleaner Kit Wolf, Three-Fourth Stealth Wolf, One Fourth Stealth Wolf, Ship Pilot Wolf, Unarmed Wolf, Wolf with Aliens in Hands, Wolf With Damaged Plasma Casters, Wolf with hole through chest masked, Masked Wolf with no cleaner kit, Even More Battle Damaged Wolf with Mask, Stealth Wolf Unmasked, Wolf caught in nuclear explosion (melted, empty package,) True Stealth Wolf (empty package with claw marks in it to indicate escape), and Dead Wolf. All come in Masked and Unmasked variants!

And considering how many Predators we're going to be getting from the lost tribe, that might be okay!  ;D

Maybe they'll release the Lost Predators in the order they appeared on screen?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I made myself excited for these figs all over again after posting those pics.  ;D

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Dec 21, 2010, 06:06:05 AM
I made myself excited for these figs all over again after posting those pics.  ;D

As you should mate  ;)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

After looking at the pics I was speechless... what an astounding work... I'd have loved to see an actual Predator 3 set around the story of this clan... maybe linking it to the first Predator.

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 21, 2010, 07:33:15 PM
After looking at the pics I was speechless... what an astounding work... I'd have loved to see an actual Predator 3 set around the story of this clan... maybe linking it to the first Predator.

That would be awesome! Maybe they'll go back to the Lost Predators in Predator: Resurrection?

Peakius Baragonius

As an accessory, they should have the Predator doves from the film -- those birds were totally in league with Kittyface, attempting to flush Harrigan out of hiding by scaring him, conveniently flying out whenever he was in a spot of peril...they probably helped Kittyface spy on everyone as well, reporting back potential prey to their master in exchange for Yautja sourdough bread crumbs and Robot Falcon seed. Plus, they'd make up for NECA not releasing Falconer's falcon. Or maybe they could release that alongside it! Yeah!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed