NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,205,839 times)

Peakius Baragonius

I was interested in picking up the cloaked Berserker, but I want the masked P2 far more, so the Berserker is just a nice bonus to go with it!

Tribal

Tribal

Here is a new pic from the 2-pack

Since we all know that the skin color is all wrong (the white skin still bugs me, maybe a orange wash painting can save him) the only thing i dont like its the fact that the helmet color doesnt match the color from the armor. This is how it was suposed to be:

Well, at least he doesnt have a chessboard painted in his forehead  ;D

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Tribal on Nov 09, 2011, 04:07:25 PM
Here is a new pic from the 2-pack

Since we all know that the skin color is all wrong (the white skin still bugs me, maybe a orange wash painting can save him) the only thing i dont like its the fact that the helmet color doesnt match the color from the armor. This is how it was suposed to be:

Well, at least he doesnt have a chessboard painted in his forehead  ;D

Considering the accessories that it comes with, including the City Hunter actually masked, I'll have to get this.  Probably going to be like $40 though...

Shadow

Shadow

somehow i like the skin on the two-pack one more than the unmasked version. i agree on the mask paint though

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Great stuff! The paint on the two City Hunter's really bugs me :/ but the paint aps for both of them are quite simular.

uruk

uruk

Quote from: Shadow on Nov 09, 2011, 04:32:32 PM
somehow i like the skin on the two-pack one more than the unmasked version. i agree on the mask paint though

how can like this one more? it's exactly the same paint app. ;D

and damn, how wrong it is. it's funny how hippie and boar both look good and the paint is actually pretty nice, AND THEN city hunter looks like shit.

darylox

darylox

Not like shit but could be better ;D
The most famous and important from the three, why neca why ? :-[

I can forgive but improve it ! Yes , exactly with the 18 scale  ;D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

darylox

darylox

What i like:

Armour
Mask looks decent.

What i dislike:

Body-Proportions !
First time i see a Neca Predator with inaccurate body, looks to narrow and somehow childish.
Berserker have better proportions.

City Hunters physique reminds me on a company....  no i dont say the name. ;D

The colour on the skin varies too strong, directly visible.
The legs have a completely different paint than the torso.

But overall the figure is ok for the scale and the price.

Rating 3/5

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 09, 2011, 09:35:31 PM
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/andyarneriise/P2a.jpg

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/andyarneriise/P2-2.jpg

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/andyarneriise/P2b.jpg

http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee323/andyarneriise/Berserker.jpg

Oh, man...

This paintjob... City Hunter looks like a giant sushi  :P

Oh, almost forgot to say! I LOVE this new Berserker  :o

One more update  ;D
In the back of the box we can finally see all the Lost Predators \o/

(and look how Boar was really yellow... now he looks more like his brother)

Shadow

Shadow

regardless of the issues on this series, i think i will enjoy them in person. I trust my own judgement in this, that they look better in person than on most pics. I never really liked the first wave when i saw the pics, but in person i enjoy them and, while not perfect, i think the paint works for me.

uruk

uruk

Quote from: darylox on Nov 09, 2011, 10:23:01 PM
What i like:

Armour
Mask looks decent.

What i dislike:

Body-Proportions !
First time i see a Neca Predator with inaccurate body, looks to narrow and somehow childish.

City Hunters physique reminds me on a company....  no i dont say the name. ;D

The colour on the skin varies too strong, directly visible.
The legs have a completely different paint than the torso.

But overall the figure is ok for the scale and the price.

Rating 3/5

i think it's the pictures. i went through all of them, and on some it really looks weird in proportions.
i don't agree on the armor, the whole thing should be one color, not different colors on each piece, though i do agree on the body - legs don't match the torso, and the overall color is much different from the prototype pictures, AND most importanty, from the creature itself.

i'd give him 4/5, the sculpt is really exceptional, and for this money, it's an awesome figure. a little repaint and he's going to look absolutely perfect.

now neca, give us an 18 incher! and paint it like you did with 1/4 P1!

georgeromero

georgeromero

Don't know about you guys, but this City Hunter resembles bobble heads. It just doesn't look right no matter how i look at him. I don't think the problem's with my eyes. Looks like some cheap custom figure done by amateurs. I'm disappointed. Now let's see how this is in person.

Edit: I think the preblem is with his neck, like he doesn't have one.

AlienSpeedMetal

AlienSpeedMetal

Quote from: darylox on Nov 09, 2011, 10:23:01 PM

Body-Proportions !

I have some minor issues with City Hunter, but I'll still be purchasing him.  His body does have an awkward Hot Toys look to it - i think it's due to the added articulation.  I'd rather have less articulation and more film accurate proportions.  His mask looks a bit bulky like some of the custom masks other users have made.  I think all NECA predators have short necks (and big feet), but City Hunter's neck looks especially short.  Those are all sculpt issues, which bother me much more than paint.  I can repaint him myself, so the color doesn't bother me a bit.  I'm not trying to be hard on NECA, I think he looks better and I prefer him over the McFarlane and Hot Toys versions.  Too bad the masked City Hunter only comes in a 2 Pack, I have zero interest in Berserker.

Shadow

Shadow

i think he looks best in the neutral pose, just like Revoltech's predator, the new joints kinda makes him look out of proportion when posed, Just like revoltech. i didn't see this issue on the old joints. i'm glad im the type who displays my figures in pretty neutral poses

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed