NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,201,551 times)

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Oct 25, 2011, 11:10:43 PM
And to your response Requiem, since AVP is the only thing left, im pretty sure NECA would love to give us figures of them. But then again, the only major differences were the blades and the masks and the Elder's cape.

I'm pretty sure NECA said they weren't interested in doing the AvP designs, & rightfully so- they were shit.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Stalker on Oct 26, 2011, 09:28:44 AM
Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Oct 25, 2011, 11:10:43 PM
And to your response Requiem, since AVP is the only thing left, im pretty sure NECA would love to give us figures of them. But then again, the only major differences were the blades and the masks and the Elder's cape.

I'm pretty sure NECA said they weren't interested in doing the AvP designs, & rightfully so- they were shit.

still they can pump out endless variants of the same pred, yet they can not pump out variants that are Different preds. honestly i'll be angry if they pass on the AvP preds because that's all that stand between me and a COMPLETE set of every pred featured on screen in the pred and avp films.

I would really love to see a accurate avp elder, mcfarlanes was plain awfull.  Celtic was good but NECA would still do it better and better proportions. scar was inaccurate and needs a figure, Chopper was...not even done, we need a 7" chopper!. they could release them in two waves like this:

Series 1
Celtic
Scar
Chopper

series 2
Elder
Ancient
Unmasked scar (yes cus i know they won't release him with alternate heads).

I'm also lacking more aliens, i want neca to continue with Alien 3, Res, and AvP to give us a complete selection of aliens too. i can't demand all queens, especially not res because it was identical to Aliens but browner and i differ eggsac(womb). the AvP queen would be cool though!.

i really wonder why neca at don't at least make the Aliens queen, it can't be any more heavy than the 18" alien and i think it would sell very well

Taraka

Taraka

Quote from: Shadow on Oct 26, 2011, 09:37:14 AM.
i really wonder why neca at don't at least make the Aliens queen, it can't be any more heavy than the 18" alien and i think it would sell very well

I heard the last time they were asked about making a queen, they said they'd make it EPIC but expensive. my response was "And your point is? MAKE IT ALREADY!" lol.

They said the queen would most likely be a 100 figure Because they'd do the entire egg chamber from aliens to go with it.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Taraka on Oct 26, 2011, 11:57:13 AM
Quote from: Shadow on Oct 26, 2011, 09:37:14 AM.

I heard the last time they were asked about making a queen, they said they'd make it EPIC but expensive. my response was "And your point is? MAKE IT ALREADY!" lol.

They said the queen would most likely be a 100 figure Because they'd do the entire egg chamber from aliens to go with it.

seriously dude, this made my day!. i hope it's also detachable so that i can pose it (on a base i guess for ballance) without the sac, for Aliens ending scene poses etc. and it will be scaled to fit with the 7" figures i guess?

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Stalker, even though the designs were quite crap, it's really just to complete the collection. Shadow, I doubt they'll release a masked Scar first but it would be nice to see it so.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Oct 26, 2011, 12:46:15 PM
Stalker, even though the designs were quite crap, it's really just to complete the collection. Shadow, I doubt they'll release a masked Scar first but it would be nice to see it so.

is that because they want people to but the unmasked first then say like "crap, the masked one is soo much cooler" (obvious) and go buy it too. if i am to chose one myself it'll be masked. i dunno if they'll just use classic's mask or if they would go through the effort to make a new sculpt because, despite being close to identical, scar have his own touch to it, even if it's minor

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

I too wish and hope NECA makes the AVP & AVP:R Predators, simply for a complete Predator collection! I was on the fence about collecting these until I learned NECA was going to release the Lost Predators! I knew it would be such awesome figures. I mean, 2 - 3 series for the AVP sets would be like:

Series X
- Unmasked Scar
- Celtic
- Chopper

Series Y
- Masked Scar
- Elder
- Anicent

Series Z
- Wolf
- f**k-Shot (Predator that blew a hole in the ship in AVPR)
- Wolf Unmasked

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Lost Predator on Oct 26, 2011, 02:32:36 PM
I too wish and hope NECA makes the AVP & AVP:R Predators, simply for a complete Predator collection! I was on the fence about collecting these until I learned NECA was going to release the Lost Predators! I knew it would be such awesome figures. I mean, 2 - 3 series for the AVP sets would be like:

Series X
- Unmasked Scar
- Celtic
- Chopper

Series Y
- Masked Scar
- Elder
- Anicent

Series Z
- Wolf
- Wolf Unmasked

we alraedy have Wolf. but i see the point of a new one as i hate that it's partly pre-posed and can't take much else poses. also i love the name of the AvPR pred that blew a hole in the ship

Taraka

Taraka

I should've chosen my words better, they said they WOULDN'T make a queen because they'd make it too epic and expensive. Big figures don't sell as smoothly as 7 inchers. Thing is, anyone complained about their Belrog? I never saw one on a store shelf and it dominated my friends room.

As for the AVP figures, the only 1 I'd buy is Celtic. I wouldn't buy any aliens or other predators.

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Taraka on Oct 26, 2011, 04:53:47 PM
I should've chosen my words better, they said they WOULDN'T make a queen because they'd make it too epic and expensive. Big figures don't sell as smoothly as 7 inchers. Thing is, anyone complained about their Belrog? I never saw one on a store shelf and it dominated my friends room.

As for the AVP figures, the only 1 I'd buy is Celtic. I wouldn't buy any aliens or other predators.

damn, my day went from be happy ever after to ruined :P. i can't see the queen sell bad, they should just make it without egg chamber and just a base with eggs or so

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

I could see a Queen as a Comic-Con exclusive for like $100 or so. I couldn't see it in official public retail. I also don't see the point to re-do Wolf. If im going to be honest, I like the Wolf as it is. Still, nice to see a new one.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: Shadow on Oct 26, 2011, 02:47:42 PM

Series X
- Unmasked Scar
- Celtic
- Chopper

Series Y
- Masked Scar
- Elder
- Anicent

Series Z
- Wolf
- Wolf Unmasked

we alraedy have Wolf. but i see the point of a new one as i hate that it's partly pre-posed and can't take much else poses. also i love the name of the AvPR pred that blew a hole in the ship

I dont see NECA giving Celtic on the first wave, since he is the most beloved predator in that film  :P

So, i made an alternative choice for the AVP series:

Series X
- Unmasked Scar
- Chopper
- Alien Battle

Series Y
- Masked Scar
- Elder
- Ancient

Exclusive 2-pack
- Alien Grid
- Celtic with the combstick

That's more likely  8)

Oh, and would be cool if we have the other aliens too:

Series Z
- Alien Dog
- Alien Resurrection
- Alien New-born

Exclusive pack
- Alien Queen

Then i would die in happiness ;D

Shadow

Shadow

Quote from: Tribal on Oct 26, 2011, 08:19:45 PM
Quote from: Shadow on Oct 26, 2011, 02:47:42 PM

Series X
- Unmasked Scar
- Celtic
- Chopper

Series Y
- Masked Scar
- Elder
- Anicent

Series Z
- Wolf
- Wolf Unmasked

I dont see NECA giving Celtic on the first wave, since he is the most beloved predator in that film  :P

So, i made an alternative choice for the AVP series:

Series X
- Unmasked Scar
- Chopper
- Alien Battle

Series Y
- Masked Scar
- Elder
- Ancient

Exclusive 2-pack
- Alien Grid
- Celtic with the combstick

That's more likely  8)

Oh, and would be cool if we have the other aliens too:

Series Z
- Alien Dog
- Alien Resurrection
- Alien New-born

Exclusive pack
- Alien Queen

Then i would die in happiness ;D

yeh. whatever order, i guess we all hope they do them!. EVEN the newborn. if they can do a Hound that can't be re-used like most other pred parts, sure they can do newborn too.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Just posted by NECA...

Also, Kyle from NECA has confirmed that the pics of the P2 figure I posted are of a "test" shot...not the actually factory figure.

So, the coloring on the chest of the P2 will not be what we see on the final figure.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Yeah if NECA was to ever do the AVP figures I could see 3 waves and 1 exclusive 2-pack.
Seems to be the go these days, however I don't know if they'd merge aliens with predators. Highly possible though.

This is my idea of it.

Series 1 -

Unmasked Scar
Chopper
AVP Alien

Series 2 -
Celtic
Masked Scar
Grid

Exclusive 2-pack -
Ancient w/ AVP Alien with a battle-damaged head, combi-stick and a base.

They would make a Queen, it's just not easy to re-produce, so it'll only happen if series 4, 5, 6 of the predator 2 line is successful. Therefore the profits would be invested into getting the licenses to do other lines such as AVP, alien 3 and alien resurection.

As for the picture, I saw it on facebook. I came. I came hard. I thought it wouldn't be the final figure though, the paint ap is great but it's not entirely accurate from the set pictures I've seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed