NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,200,924 times)

Abe

Abe

Quote from: samoht on Aug 25, 2011, 11:22:50 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 24, 2011, 10:30:47 PM
Quote from: samoht on Aug 24, 2011, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: uruk on Aug 23, 2011, 10:28:40 PM
here's our 2-pack... at least half of it. damn, i'm freaking disappointed...  :-\

"BTS - about 40% of what the new TRU Exclusive Predator 2 Pack will include. Available late Nov. A teaser for now.. "

Oh....I was hoping that it was gonna include a battle damaged closed mouthed city hunter and maybe Harrigan.

You'll never see human characters from the Alien/Predator films from NECA.

They've stated that over and over again.

Still, I hope the other figure is a battle damaged city hunter.

I think I can see the Predator 2 spear in the edge of the photo, may be a another version of the city hunter. ;D

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: Sabretooth on Aug 25, 2011, 08:17:23 AM
I have as every right to post here as the next user. I apologize for my post, it was inappropriate.
I lacked the self-control to restrain from posting whilst intoxicated to a user who posted something that annoyed me.
For that, I do indeed apologize. Yep.

But still, I am a little surprised that out of all the possible figures that NECA could make for a franchise about Predators. That you'd ask for humans. I know humans are cool and they're the closest connection we have to such a franchise.
But it's about Predators not humans, which is precisely my argument. If you disagree, don't get upset and start using inappropriate language. It's just how I feel about it. Insted, how about you tell me how it could benefit the franchise? So I can get another perspective on this?

Thanks.

That user has every right to post whatever he wants. There was no need for name calling. Unless it's in your nature. And if you are so angry why not just hit your head against a wall? Maybe that will help.
Back to topic. I and others asked Neca on twitter regarding human characters and their replies were like yours but gentler and that doesn't mean there is no need for human characters. By the way Neca is the same company who made figures of different ghosts but not Ghostbusters. So that also makes sense? I doubt it.The movie was about Ghostbusters if my memory serves me correctly. Harrigan is brilliant because he managed to kill City Hunter.

Tribal

Tribal

Quote from: georgeromero on Aug 25, 2011, 05:24:07 PM
I and others asked Neca on twitter regarding human characters and their replies were like yours but gentler and that doesn't mean there is no need for human characters. By the way Neca is the same company who made figures of different ghosts but not Ghostbusters. So that also makes sense? I doubt it.The movie was about Ghostbusters if my memory serves me correctly. Harrigan is brilliant because he managed to kill City Hunter.

from twitter:

"problem is Fox doesn't have the likeness rights of any actor we'd want to do a figure of at present"

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Damnit, that postpones the possibility of a Dutch figure for the time being, side note, I have heard the re-releases of series 1 and 2 have been released, does anyone have any pictures of them? Oh yeah, the new berserker looks pretty cool!

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Aug 25, 2011, 08:29:30 PM
Damnit, that postpones the possibility of a Dutch figure for the time being, side note, I have heard the re-releases of series 1 and 2 have been released, does anyone have any pictures of them? Oh yeah, the new berserker looks pretty cool!
As far as I know only Billy, Royce and Dutch have been the only Predator human figures released but not by NECA but hot toys instead. Like all hot toys figures they cost an arm and a leg :-[

Are you talking about the new blue Berserker Predator that NECA released?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's the part that confuses me. They can do a bunch of Terminator figures with Arnie's likeness, but can't do Dutch?

I'll ask about it on Twitter...

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 25, 2011, 09:07:05 PM
That's the part that confuses me. They can do a bunch of Terminator figures with Arnie's likeness, but can't do Dutch?

I'll ask about it on Twitter...

It's a different movie, and therefore, different licensing rights.

Just because you have the rights to Arnie in one movie, doesn't mean you can use his likeness from another.

You have to optain the rights to use Arnie's likeness, then you have to optain the rights to use his likeness from a specific movie.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Pretty sure that Arnold Swartzanegger gave the his likeness rights JUST to the Terminator franchise, so who ever has the liscence for that can make Arnie terminator. Which is silly, I agree. I doubt Danny Glover is gonna suddenly give his likeness rights to a toy company. It's really serious stuff, and I don't think some people understand how some Actors just don't want to do that. And I don't want to bash a company I love, but man those Twilight figures are disgusting, I doubt Royce aka adrian brody is just gonna be all okay with it, "Oh yeah... So you're gonna make me? Will it look good? IT WONT. LOOK AT EDWARD CULLEN, MAN. HE LOOKS LIKE A MELTED BARBIE WITH SHORT HAIR AND A TRENCH COAT!"
However, I find that a way around this is to release the human characters!... Without heads....

@Georgeromero - I wasn't angry, I was a wee-bit drunk and getting tired of people asking for human characters.
It was all through out this thread, so I just snapped. I apologized, so uh... Yeah. Nice random attack. I'm shaken.
Not stirred though. Because James Bond doesn't like his martinis like that. By the way, after someone apologizes. You generally don't tell them to hit their head against a wall, because quite frankly you're just being needlessly insulting so you're just as bad.
Nice.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabretooth on Aug 25, 2011, 09:40:19 PM
Pretty sure that Arnold Swartzanegger gave the his likeness rights JUST to the Terminator franchise, so who ever has the liscence for that can make Arnie terminator. Which is silly, I agree. I doubt Danny Glover is gonna suddenly give his likeness rights to a toy company. It's really serious stuff, and I don't think some people understand how some Actors just don't want to do that. And I don't want to bash a company I love, but man those Twilight figures are disgusting, I doubt Royce aka adrian brody is just gonna be all okay with it, "Oh yeah... So you're gonna make me? Will it look good? IT WONT. LOOK AT EDWARD CULLEN, MAN. HE LOOKS LIKE A MELTED BARBIE WITH SHORT HAIR AND A TRENCH COAT!"
However, I find that a way around this is to release the human characters!... Without heads....
Well I dunno, I can't speak to the Twilight toys because I haven't really seen them and don't care about them, but I imagine if they were doing something like a Ripley figure and got Sigourney Weaver's likeness rights they'd go out of their way to make sure it was pretty much perfect.

I mean NECA's human characters that are based on real people generally tend to be pretty accurate given the scale. Their T2 ones are great, the Freddy Krueger ones have been great, Robocop is great, Silence of the Lambs figures, Sin City figures, Beetlejuice, The Exorcist, Clash of the Titans, Hellraiser, Harry Potter, Saw, Scarface... I'd definitely say that the Twilight figures are the exception and not the rule.

Also I'm 100% confident that if they did an 'Aliens' Ripley figure of her from the end of the movie, with the grenade belt and the flamethrower/pulse rifle duct taped together, and it had Weaver's likeness, it would absolutely fly off the shelves.

georgeromero

georgeromero

Quote from: Tribal on Aug 25, 2011, 08:10:27 PM
Quote from: georgeromero on Aug 25, 2011, 05:24:07 PM
I and others asked Neca on twitter regarding human characters and their replies were like yours but gentler and that doesn't mean there is no need for human characters. By the way Neca is the same company who made figures of different ghosts but not Ghostbusters. So that also makes sense? I doubt it.The movie was about Ghostbusters if my memory serves me correctly. Harrigan is brilliant because he managed to kill City Hunter.

from twitter:

"problem is Fox doesn't have the likeness rights of any actor we'd want to do a figure of at present"

This isn't the only thing they said, there were different answers.

@Georgeromero - I wasn't angry, I was a wee-bit drunk and getting tired of people asking for human characters.
It was all through out this thread, so I just snapped. I apologized, so uh... Yeah. Nice random attack. I'm shaken.
Not stirred though. Because James Bond doesn't like his martinis like that. By the way, after someone apologizes. You generally don't tell them to hit their head against a wall, because quite frankly you're just being needlessly insulting so you're just as bad.
Nice.

People ask for themselves not for you, like i said before there was no need for name calling. I'm cool but still it doesn't mean you have to offend someone and then apologize. Let's just stop it here.

freedomfighter1111

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 25, 2011, 11:42:54 PM
Well I dunno, I can't speak to the Twilight toys because I haven't really seen them and don't care about them, but I imagine if they were doing something like a Ripley figure and got Sigourney Weaver's likeness rights they'd go out of their way to make sure it was pretty much perfect.

I mean NECA's human characters that are based on real people generally tend to be pretty accurate given the scale. Their T2 ones are great, the Freddy Krueger ones have been great, Robocop is great, Silence of the Lambs figures, Sin City figures, Beetlejuice, The Exorcist, Clash of the Titans, Hellraiser, Harry Potter, Saw, Scarface... I'd definitely say that the Twilight figures are the exception and not the rule.

Also I'm 100% confident that if they did an 'Aliens' Ripley figure of her from the end of the movie, with the grenade belt and the flamethrower/pulse rifle duct taped together, and it had Weaver's likeness, it would absolutely fly off the shelves.

yes neca human figures are great imagine a 1/4 hicks or alien warrior they would flip off the shelves lol but only in our dreams its so sad lol

Gosutoraida

Gosutoraida

Quote from: Predalien91 on Aug 25, 2011, 08:43:28 PM
As far as I know only Billy, Royce and Dutch have been the only Predator human figures released but not by NECA but hot toys instead. Like all hot toys figures they cost an arm and a leg :-[

Are you talking about the new blue Berserker Predator that NECA released?
Yeah, the new dea-clocked one.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

I think the quality varies for a lot of the franchises you mentioned.
I've seen some really nicely painted Clash of the titans, Freddy Kruegar, etc. Then I've seen some plain aweful ones.
Heck, even with my Predators. It seems in Australia we get a lot of the rejected crappy 2 minute paint jobs on the NECA figures, which is highly disappointing because Australia really flourishes the NECA market atleast in the Australasia area.

Maybe they might release humans from the Alien or Predator franchise in the future, and even if they do. I hope they're decently painted.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

All I want is a Ripley and Dutch 2 pack. Thats all.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

I think that is a fantastic idea!
I want Ripley and Dutch's babies....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed