NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,200,639 times)

Taraka

Taraka

F*** NO! I'm getting THAT!!!!! I was gonna swap Gort's head neway!

ridetofight

ridetofight

uuuuuugggghh! thats so sick!! i hate wanting con exclusives! aw, man, i can't pass this up. always loved the gort mask - so neat to see it on the jungle predator body in figure form. for me to own!!

Cap. Fitzgerald

I have no predator figures so I would much rather have all the lost press, city hunter and get an anytime predator.

newbeing

newbeing

is that the only version of Gort we'll be seeing? I was really hoping they'd do a whole gort figure.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Read the post, thats the SDCC exclusive.
Actual Gort will come with the other Lost Predators.

thespiderman209

anybody goin to SDCC cuz i cant go and i need that gort predator, i saw on twitter that its just 20 bucks over there!

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Mar 23, 2011, 07:48:20 PM
Read the post, thats the SDCC exclusive.
Actual Gort will come with the other Lost Predators.

I read it and that's why I was worried. Would have sucked if it was SDCC only. I've only seen sculpts of the gort preds head so I wanted to confirm it would get a whole figure.

The SDCC exclusive is interesting however considering that was going to be the predator 1 mask originally.

Taraka

Taraka

Exactly, even though stan winston felt it gave away the Predators actual face and went with the tribal look.

Still, It's gonna b awesome to have! With this, the 3 Classic Predators, the lost Preds and 2 pussy Face's, the "Super Preds" Aren't gonna look so tough on my shelf.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just check eBay. I just pre-ordered my cloaked Berserker off eBay last year.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Yeah I remember that.
I'm gonna take a look.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Tribal on Mar 23, 2011, 03:41:43 PM

From twitter: "BTS - a look at SDCC exclusive P1 w/ Gort mask all painted up"

if you cant view the pic, just click here: http://img855.imageshack.us/i/262801836.jpg/

I think i'll pass this one... I rather wait for the real Gort to have his mask  ;)

Can't I just get it NOW?? Please?? :-[ >:( >:( ;D

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Taraka on Mar 23, 2011, 11:38:42 PM
Exactly, even though stan winston felt it gave away the Predators actual face

Wasn't that Joel Silver?

JediYautja

JediYautja

Quote from: skull-splitter on Mar 29, 2011, 06:47:57 PM

Wasn't that Joel Silver?

I'm quite sure it was Winston too...I think I remember one of the documentaries describing the designs and Winston had the mask simplified as much as possible to 'follow' the basic shape/outline of the face, so that it would nicely contrast the face...

Then again, Silver may have suggested it...I can't remember now! :o

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: skull-splitter on Mar 29, 2011, 06:47:57 PM

Wasn't that Joel Silver?

Thats what I thought too

Taraka

Taraka

Page 104 of the Winston effect.

"Initially, the mask design was a mechanical interpretation of the creature's face. To avoid giving away the look of the creature too early in the film, SWS later changed the mask design to a simpler, more 'tribal' look."

When I first read it I pretty much thought SWS just meant Stan, and I still think he most likely suggested the other look. (Any artists out there? How many times you painted/sculpted/made something, looked at it and said...."Nah I don't like this look anymore.")

But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if it were several saying "Lets use something that doesn't hint the surprise."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed