NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,188,202 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

I need to see the final products but I think I'll be picking up Ghost and, separately, Diablo.

Peakius Baragonius

Forgive me, but...also known as [Kitty]face and Anytime, right?  ;D

Cap. Fitzgerald

Yes.
I call Anytime Diablo because Anna called him that in the movie.
And I call Pussyface (no need to censor it) Ghost because the boy with the toy gun said he saw one when he runs away.
(Credit to PQ for actually introducing me to the names though)

Peakius Baragonius

Aw man. I had come up with a Predator character for my AVP3 submission ideas named Ghost...oh, well....

Rioto

Rioto

Quote from: Peakius Baragonius on Feb 09, 2011, 02:06:00 AM
Quote from: samoht on Feb 08, 2011, 10:59:52 PM
Will probably only get Pussyface because money doesn't grow on trees and my Mum thinks it is a waste of money. Especially for an 18 year old like me.

Trust me. Ignore her. IGNORE HER! The Predators command it!

this.

Dude im 25 and everyone around me incl my gf thinks collecting predators is a waste of money but it is not a waste if you enjoy it mate. People just dont otherstand why we love to collect them so human nature kicks in and they bash it into the ground.. Ignore them and collect even more  ;)

samoht

samoht

That makes sense.

I will take your advice.  :)

Probs won't get all the preds but I'll have to get a few.

Master

Master

Quote from: Rioto on Feb 09, 2011, 06:55:46 AM
Will probably only get Pussyface because money doesn't grow on trees and my Mum thinks it is a waste of money. Especially for an 18 year old like me.

this.

Dude im 25 and everyone around me incl my gf thinks collecting predators is a waste of money but it is not a waste if you enjoy it mate. People just dont otherstand why we love to collect them so human nature kicks in and they bash it into the ground.. Ignore them and collect even more  ;)

My girlfriend not only likes my colection but ocasionaly she buys me a piece  ;)

Billiken

Billiken

this.

Exactly. I love collecting predator stuff. I don't give a shit what people think.

jimmylace

jimmylace

this.

Agreed. I'm 27...my girlfriend tolerates it but doesn't understand the appeal. (she's not remotely arty or into films but is into gaming)

Spend your money on things you enjoy. I appreciate the artistry that goes into these collectables, I enjoy the imagination that artists like Stan Winston put into these creature designs.

When I was 18 I was too self-conscious to collect things because "it wasn't cool" but coolness is about being honest and cool about what you like. I regret not starting sooner, or saving when I was living with my rents. People with no interests are dull and don't see all the design and creativity around them. I studied design at university and it really opens your eyes. Without creativity there wouldn't be ANY cool stuff! No games, no films, no art, no brands, no magazines, no clothes, no celebs, no cool cars, no tv shows...

AND... parents aren't always right! It'll take YEARS getting over the damage they'll have unknowingly done to you!!! ;D

You stop caring what other people think as you get older anyway. Better to spend your money on Predator collectables than f**king yourself up on weed, vodka etc. There are worse expensive habits. Most luxuries are unneccesary anyway- How is a Predator model any less worthwhile an indulgence than an expensive set of make-up, an overly expensive car or new clothes? My parents told me being in a band was a waste of time and money, but they changed their tune when I was getting calls from record companies and supporting famous artists in front of huge crowds!!! Granted, we didn't make it big-big, but still a great experience. If I'd listened to my parents I would have missed out on some crazy fun!

uruk

uruk

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 06, 2011, 07:54:33 PM
Oops...man I need to check messages.  :o

Sorry dude, I'll shoot you one back here in a few.

few minutes or days?  ;D

samoht

samoht

Quote from: jimmylace on Feb 09, 2011, 12:09:31 PM

this.

Agreed. I'm 27...my girlfriend tolerates it but doesn't understand the appeal. (she's not remotely arty or into films but is into gaming)

Spend your money on things you enjoy. I appreciate the artistry that goes into these collectables, I enjoy the imagination that artists like Stan Winston put into these creature designs.

When I was 18 I was too self-conscious to collect things because "it wasn't cool" but coolness is about being honest and cool about what you like. I regret not starting sooner, or saving when I was living with my rents. People with no interests are dull and don't see all the design and creativity around them. I studied design at university and it really opens your eyes. Without creativity there wouldn't be ANY cool stuff! No games, no films, no art, no brands, no magazines, no clothes, no celebs, no cool cars, no tv shows...

AND... parents aren't always right! It'll take YEARS getting over the damage they'll have unknowingly done to you!!! ;D

You stop caring what other people think as you get older anyway. Better to spend your money on Predator collectables than f**king yourself up on weed, vodka etc. There are worse expensive habits. Most luxuries are unneccesary anyway- How is a Predator model any less worthwhile an indulgence than an expensive set of make-up, an overly expensive car or new clothes? My parents told me being in a band was a waste of time and money, but they changed their tune when I was getting calls from record companies and supporting famous artists in front of huge crowds!!! Granted, we didn't make it big-big, but still a great experience. If I'd listened to my parents I would have missed out on some crazy fun!

I hear you man.
I could say to my parents, "Would you rather me be a person who spends over $100 dollars a week on clubs and alcohol or someone who spends half that buying a few figures a year?"
That will get them, Guaranteed.
I've been there. A night out with a few mates celebrating an 18th birthday cost a lot. A few figures that will last a long time cost barely anything in comparison.
And about your point about creativity. I am an art student at Uni majoring in sculpture, so I can definitely appreciate the work put into these figures.

I don't actually have an income yet. But as soon as I have a job, I'll be able to let my collection of badass figures grow even more.

Thanks for the words of encouragment.  :)

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Master on Feb 09, 2011, 09:27:00 AM

this.

My girlfriend not only likes my colection but ocasionaly she buys me a piece  ;)

Now that is sweet.  ;)

LONG LIVE PREDATOR COLLECTING!

Master

Master

I`ll definitely drink for that :D

jimmylace

jimmylace

Quote from: samoht on Feb 09, 2011, 11:49:54 PM
Quote from: jimmylace on Feb 09, 2011, 12:09:31 PM

this.

I hear you man.
I could say to my parents, "Would you rather me be a person who spends over $100 dollars a week on clubs and alcohol or someone who spends half that buying a few figures a year?"
That will get them, Guaranteed.
I've been there. A night out with a few mates celebrating an 18th birthday cost a lot. A few figures that will last a long time cost barely anything in comparison.
And about your point about creativity. I am an art student at Uni majoring in sculpture, so I can definitely appreciate the work put into these figures.

I don't actually have an income yet. But as soon as I have a job, I'll be able to let my collection of badass figures grow even more.

Thanks for the words of encouragment.  :)

No problem dude! I know the feeling- with the recession and all I ended up temping for nearly 2 years after graduating from uni and ended up choosing a career in healthcare admin for stability!!! Just landed a permanent job and am ITCHING for some Predator stuff and some serious collectibles!

Tribal

Tribal

A little tip for all guys here: If your wife/girlfriend ask you to stop buying aliens/predator toys, all you have to do is ask her to stop buying shoes! She'll understand you in a minute!  ;D

Worked for me  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed