NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,208,559 times)

Still Collating...

It would be my dream come true if they did the Predators, Aliens and marines from AVP2 and/or AVP:E, though I'm not sure how realistic that is knowing how much they've slowed down the lines, but one can hope!

dHunter333

dHunter333

Buddy showed me a chat with Neca on Instagram where he asked about feral and they said no plans at this time
Hopefully they are lying
*sadness

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: dHunter333 on Jul 11, 2022, 06:10:55 PMBuddy showed me a chat with Neca on Instagram where he asked about feral and they said no plans at this time
Hopefully they are lying
*sadness

Wouldn't be surprised if it's not coming right now, that it'll be later. I'm guessing the lawsuit held things up and they weren't asked early enough or at all. With it being streaming, the movie has a different weight and I can see them being hesitant on going forward with it. Which would be the wrong way to do it, because they were built on Predator and should know there'll be a demand. If not now, I suspect we will see one down the road.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Ninja Turtles make them much more money, why would they bother with Predator?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 11, 2022, 06:58:06 PMThe Ninja Turtles make them much more money, why would they bother with Predator?

That's true. As someone who collects both. I'd like to see them put more love into Predator again. Turtles can slow down. Too many figures coming out at once and no room for wallets to breathe.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

The folks at NECA can't work just with franchises that don't have a wide fanbase or possible customers, that's why they focus in franchises as TMNT, and so far I remember that Randy Falk confessed they made the figures of the first two movies just because of the love of the franchise and the figures sales were marginally profitable, at best. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah that's how it goes tbh

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Gridseeker on Jul 11, 2022, 08:26:03 PMThe folks at NECA can't work just with franchises that don't have a wide fanbase or possible customers, that's why they focus in franchises as TMNT and I understand. In fact, in the case of Evil Dead, so far I remember even Randy Falk confessed they made the figures of the first two movies just because for the love of the franchise and the figures sales were marginally profitable, at best. 

Totally get it. Those of us who collect TMNT want them to slow down though too. They're dropping too much, way too fast.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 11, 2022, 06:24:13 PM
Quote from: dHunter333 on Jul 11, 2022, 06:10:55 PMBuddy showed me a chat with Neca on Instagram where he asked about feral and they said no plans at this time
Hopefully they are lying
*sadness

Wouldn't be surprised if it's not coming right now, that it'll be later. I'm guessing the lawsuit held things up and they weren't asked early enough or at all. With it being streaming, the movie has a different weight and I can see them being hesitant on going forward with it. Which would be the wrong way to do it, because they were built on Predator and should know there'll be a demand. If not now, I suspect we will see one down the road.
"It's on streaming" is a bad excuse when they made deleted-scene Emissary Predators (with brand new sculpts!) about 3% of the audience even knew about. Prey is actually getting marketed and will be seen by a ton of people, it's getting a premiere at SDCC in a couple weeks.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I always assumed they'd been working on the Emissary Preds since before the scene was cut.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jul 11, 2022, 09:43:35 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 11, 2022, 06:24:13 PM
Hopefully they are lying
*sadness

"It's on streaming" is a bad excuse when they made deleted-scene Emissary Predators (with brand new sculpts!) about 3% of the audience even knew about. Prey is actually getting marketed and will be seen by a ton of people, it's getting a premiere at SDCC in a couple weeks.

It's because they were originally supposed to be in the film. NECA was producing what was thought to be in the film. Marketing has been underway for a while now.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That's a fair point.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Merchandise is done roughly a year or so out to have it ready. It's why merchandise can often be inaccurate to the final depiction because they're generally working with BTS material and or near final designs. But things can change last minute resulting in inaccuracies or in The Predator's case, two other Predator who got cut.

They weren't going to the do the dogs. They didn't sell for Predators so we weren't getting them for The Predator anyways. This could also extend to the menagerie whom Neca likely felt was a similar risk. The Emissary likely had been planned and either had been done or been in production by the time they found out they got cut. But I suspect that since they got cut so late in the game, the merchandise was already ready if not about ready to ship. Might as well sell it to recoup whatever they spent on the wave.

And I suspect the cut was very late. You can still find them on the home media release in the BTS features along with the actors from the earlier cut of the film. Hell, I even suspect the deleted scenes are from that cut of the movie and yet no sign of the Emissary footage despite knowing full well they shot with them.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 11, 2022, 09:37:25 PM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Jul 11, 2022, 08:26:03 PMThe folks at NECA can't work just with franchises that don't have a wide fanbase or possible customers, that's why they focus in franchises as TMNT and I understand. In fact, in the case of Evil Dead, so far I remember even Randy Falk confessed they made the figures of the first two movies just because for the love of the franchise and the figures sales were marginally profitable, at best. 

Totally get it. Those of us who collect TMNT want them to slow down though too. They're dropping too much, way too fast.

That´s when you over exploit a franchise. Hope Neca would pull the brake, otherwise the franchise would be saturated, along to damage the finances of Neca.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Maybe a premier company like MAFEX or MEZCO will do Feral if we're lucky

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed