AvP2 and Reshade 2.0

Started by yaji, Apr 21, 2016, 06:53:45 AM

Author
AvP2 and Reshade 2.0 (Read 17,956 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Xhan on Sep 14, 2016, 08:48:51 AM
Another awesome thing about 2.0 is you can use a LUT to produce up to 16 bit color provided you know how to write a little shader code, so you can get the same type of "deep color" (aka 10 bit LUT) that Alien: Isolation has.

Quite unnecessary if you don't own a Quadro and a 10bit display.
And even then I can testify owning both, the difference is minimalist and you really DO NOT WANT to run the game on a quadro ;) (unless you love random crash, loss performance and well... issue you will never find an answer on google).

yaji

yaji

Quote4K

No.

YES! 3360×2100

(Maybe not full 4k, but thats all DSR let me use)

PS.

You are blurry mess :P

Xhan

Xhan

I mean without stretching or sampling. bad yaji.

You can run it at "8192 x 6144" except it's still upscaled. :P

Quotequadro

You don't need a quadro either. Everything from team green after the Titan Black and everything from team red since GCN 1.1 will run 10bit natively, "HDR color" or "Dolby Vision" (lol, nc) is coming sooner than you think, and even HDMI will be compatible within a couple of months.

SUBMIT TO 10BIT CELT, SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE

yaji

yaji

No, its not upscaled, its super-sampled (DSR renders image in higher than native resolution and downscales it), and thats a difference. Take a look at the screenshot. There is no blur on it, every single pixel is sharp. Its true, nothing stops you from playing AvP2 at 4k resolution.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: yaji on Apr 22, 2016, 06:34:55 PM
If I can suggest some settings, I recommend:

AMBIENTOCCLUSION (AO_METHOD 1, AO_SHARPNESS_DETECT 1, iSSAOSAmples 24) - it will give you lots of new shadows and add lots of deapth to the scene.
BLOOM by Ganossa - will give you sweet lighting effects on sky, lamps and muzzle fires.
LENSDIRT - will add an effect of "dirty screen" when you look at some powerful light sources. Its nice, trust me.
LENZFLARE - just a simple lens flare, looks nice on outpost4 and colony
TECHNICOLOR - for old movie like colors.
FILMGRAIN - it will add some noise to the scene.
AMBIENTLIGHT - not sure what it does, but I have it turned on.
FXAA - for anti aliasing. The Dx7 to 11 wrapper doesn't allow to use multi-sampling I think.
CA - for chromatic aberration. The default values might be a bit too strong.

Oh and check RBM - I won't tell you what does it do, but trust me, you will like it. But my GTX660 is too slow to handle it.

Most of those make it a blurry mess :P

Quote4K

No.

2048x1536

Ambientlight is Screen Space Indirect Lighting, aka reflected light sources give material a tint based on their pixel color data or from a preprojected source, it uses ambient occlusion techniques for casting so it's expensive as hell as far as framerate goes.

Of course if you have anything remotely modern you can run AVP2 at a billion frames so...

Quotewindows 10
Use Reshade 1.5 and it will work, you will of course, lose any effects not present in 1.5

RBM is the "depth bias" trick I used in Crucible of Darwin, except for doing it manually with special textures and some alpha channel bullshit, it's done procedurally based the light/dark values of the textures to create pseudo 3d, kinda like parallax mapping does.

See how the crest and arm "pop"? RBM does that in real time without no alpha trickeration.

Another awesome thing about 2.0 is you can use a LUT to produce up to 16 bit color provided you know how to write a little shader code, so you can get the same type of "deep color" (aka 10 bit LUT) that Alien: Isolation has.
I wonder what difference there was between the dx7 and 8?
you can create a folder with dgvoodoo these default settings?
These pictures are very beautiful : D
my favourite is the praetorian  very detailed.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: yaji on Sep 14, 2016, 04:22:11 PM
No, its not upscaled, its super-sampled (DSR renders image in higher than native resolution and downscales it), and thats a difference. Take a look at the screenshot. There is no blur on it, every single pixel is sharp. Its true, nothing stops you from playing AvP2 at 4k resolution.

Exactly, SAMPLED :pbth:

OH

Before I forget dege's link for the shader compiler is the one you're NOT supposed to distribute because it's supposed to compiled at runtime for win8/8.1.

For anyone getting the "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.f**kyou" error, especially if you're on win7, try using this instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16768161/WIN_7_Redist_d3dcompiler_47.zip

Apparently 1.5 isn't available anymore so if you're on win10 and can't get ReShade to work try Sweet FX 1.5

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Xhan on Sep 14, 2016, 04:10:43 PM
You don't need a quadro either. Everything from team green after the Titan Black and everything from team red since GCN 1.1 will run 10bit natively, "HDR color" or "Dolby Vision" (lol, nc) is coming sooner than you think, and even HDMI will be compatible within a couple of months.

I'M TRYING TO RESIST BUT DIS IZ HARD ! :D

I hesitated a long time before going the Quadro way (+ a NVIDIA 980 GTX)
Initially I wanted to buy the first Titan, but since it was untested and felt rather like a cheap Quadro I choose the second.
Nevertheless, even on normal 1080p 8bit, Isolation looks fantastic !

I really liked reshade but it ain't running smoothly on my comp, I blame the double Xeon completely based on Hyperthread which AVP2 probably don't even know how to unlock :P

Lucifero

Lucifero

talking of Reshade 2.0 inside win 7/8/10 and problem whit grafic card ati (amd)

from tbbc forum

topic name Reshade 2.0 win 7/8/10

http://forum.tbbcbase.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=233

Quote from: [DBH]*Rommie*{2Lt}.Hm, if i follow readmes and do everything, including manual installation, nothing happenes..

I found that game is not using d3d9.dll from his folder, no idea from where loading it, IF loading it (my avp2 can start without d3d9.dll in directory), and in avp2.exe is chosen renderer "d3d9.ren" without choice of D3D9.dll

can anyone explain me how to made it work?

i think it would be nice to optimize everything for modern PCs whether they have ATI or nvidia
off topic one of my outlandish theories about dx 8

Lucifer say number 8

Numerology: NUMBER 8 IN DESTINY

As announced in the article of the numerical codes we will post the meaning of a number a day, from 1 to 9, referring to the number of Destiny that is only a detail of the THEOS numerological.

It would be desirable to know all of their numbers, the ones that are part of the name and surname of transforming the letters into numbers but the easiest is to compute the number of Destiny, it is already a good indication, although it is the interaction between all the numbers to design a comprehensive and coherent profile, if a person has a 1 in destiny will certainly have the characteristics of the number but if the other positions should be of 7 could be directed towards a more introspective and spiritual path and adding the two could be a leader more sensitive and less decided, there are many variable, as many as the numbers.

yaji

yaji

Well I added one step to the tutorial:

1. Install and run dgVoodoo.
2. Add AvP2 folder to "Config folder / running instance"
3. Use following options in DirectX tab: dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated card and select 1024MB of VRAM.
4. Apply.
5. Go to dgVoodoo\MS folder and copy its content to your AvP2 directory.
6. Run AvP2.exe, go to "Display" and in "Display" sub-window select dgVoodoo Dx Wrapper
7. Install ReShade 2.0
8. Go to "profiles" tab and click on + (I know, the gui of this tool is horrible). Add AvP2 to the list. [if asked about the API, select DirectX11]
9. Go to shaders tab, select shaders you want, and save.
10. Click on shader you want to configure and go to "shader settings" tab, make some changes and save.
11. Start the game and enjoy :)

This should work regardless of graphic card (if it don't support DX11 its not a GPU in my eyes). Well, almost, if you have Intel GPU then there is no hope for you. It won't work.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: yaji on Sep 15, 2016, 03:20:37 PM
Well I added one step to the tutorial:

1. Install and run dgVoodoo.
2. Add AvP2 folder to "Config folder / running instance"
3. Use following options in DirectX tab: dgVoodoo Virtual 3D Accelerated card and select 1024MB of VRAM.
4. Apply.
5. Go to dgVoodoo\MS folder and copy its content to your AvP2 directory.
6. Run AvP2.exe, go to "Display" and in "Display" sub-window select dgVoodoo Dx Wrapper
7. Install ReShade 2.0
8. Go to "profiles" tab and click on + (I know, the gui of this tool is horrible). Add AvP2 to the list.
9. Go to shaders tab, select shaders you want, and save.
10. Click on shader you want to configure and go to "shader settings" tab, make some changes and save.
11. Start the game and enjoy :)

This should work regardless of graphic card (if it don't support DX11 its not a GPU in my eyes). Well, almost, if you have Intel GPU then there is no hope for you. It won't work.

;) tnx jali i reply
http://forum.tbbcbase.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=233&p=2567#p2567

step number  8   ;D (I know, the gui of this tool is horrible).
in italy we say  that the devil is in some discs.

Quote from: Le Celticant on Sep 15, 2016, 06:38:08 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Sep 14, 2016, 04:10:43 PM

I'M TRYING TO RESIST BUT DIS IZ HARD ! :D

I hesitated a long time before going the Quadro way (+ a NVIDIA 980 GTX)
Initially I wanted to buy the first Titan, but since it was untested and felt rather like a cheap Quadro I choose the second.
Nevertheless, even on normal 1080p 8bit, Isolation looks fantastic !

I really liked reshade but it ain't running smoothly on my comp, I blame the double Xeon completely based on Hyperthread which AVP2 probably don't even know how to unlock :P

in search of illusions from the past

melancholy that the good and the old windows xp times where privacy was a mast: D

I was very disappointed because I bought the series 3 just because you had written that AVP2
He had a perfect compatibility.
I remember that many have purchased version 3 of the glasses that were distributed with the LCD screens to a more economical price.
the series 2 n remember it was much more expensive than 3 was not so much the price of the glasses but above the price of the monitor.
we are always talking of avp2 years 2001 /2003
I think the first series 1 red and blue glasses came about in the 99 but were banned in the European market because it could cause in some cases seizures.

Xhan

Xhan

Tell Rommie to copy avp2.exe INTO the Reshade "default" folder and click on it once, it should generate the dlls, ini and cfg he needs, copy all that back into the root avp2 folder when it's done.

Quote1024

If you're using this for mp you may want to stick with 256 or 128 megs, it takes longer to load but is far less prone to crashing after continual and repeated loading.

Lucifero

Lucifero

i will  Xhan

If you want to talk directly with Rommie try to enter the TBBC chat.
it is highly likely that you will find it on this chat
registration is not mandatory to enter the comunity chat is required just a nick

from
http://forum.tbbcbase.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=233&p=2578#p2578

Quote from: Lucifero
Quote from: [DBH]*Rommie*{2Lt}.thx, i will try it tonight :)

And so,  i do not have graphic card :D it support only directx 10.1 :D :D Its MXM II graphic card in my laptop (HD3650 515 MB)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
http://i.imgur.com/AfRBUE4.jpg

Xhan

Xhan

Reshade supports 9, but dgv2 requires dx11.

Olde

Olde

Absolutely great. Tried it today and you can get the game to look however you want. Just install dgvoodoo and the newest version of Reshade, select AvP2.exe, choose DirectX10+. Then in-game press Shift-F2 to bring up the Reshade menu to customise the game to look however you want. I went for a darker tone while still adding bloom and lens flares. It's very easy to go overboard, though.

Lucifero

Lucifero

a little darkness but anyway gg Olde
find an optimal resolution and maybe make a screenshot of setting im shure can might be useful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed