DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 76,695 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Shut up and take my money

Perfect-Organism

I find myself not that excited about stories that are not involved with the core story.  These offshoot stories tend to be just playing on the fear and terror of the aliens without exploring any of the mystery.  It doesn't work for me anymore.

We need some stories that delve into the mystery of the aliens and engineers IMO.

Ultramorph

I'm digging the smaller stories without Marines as a palette cleanser, but I do hope we get more big Engineer mythology stories later down the line. The ending of Life and Death needs some closure, or at least some context.

Russ840

Agreed that the crossover stuff need closure.

I am liking these smaller scale stories but I do like variety. It's a shame that we can't get a consistent flow of the comics. I mean at least one issue of the Alien/Predator universe being published every month 

SM

SM

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 18, 2018, 02:54:41 PM
I find myself not that excited about stories that are not involved with the core story.  These offshoot stories tend to be just playing on the fear and terror of the aliens without exploring any of the mystery.  It doesn't work for me anymore.

We need some stories that delve into the mystery of the aliens and engineers IMO.

What's the core story?

It's difficult to delve into mysteries that might be undone in future films.

Xiggz456

April 24th is shaping up real nice with Dust to Dust AND Cold Forge releasing that day. Alien Day (week) gets more fun every year!

SM

SM

There's more where that came from.  :)

Xiggz456

I sure hope so! Feel free to elaborate Mr. insider info! I won't tell  ;D

Ultramorph

Hope the "AVP project" Randy mentioned is a Life and Death sequel. Ahab needs a comeback in time for the movie.

My biggest hope is that we eventually get a comic where someone mentions the USM.  :laugh: Dead Orbit could have been that comic.

Xiggz456

More Ahab is always welcomed. But I'm dying to find out where that engineer ship took Cpt Foster (she really can't catch a break). I also appreciate the longer story arcs of F&S and L&D. With the exception of a few stories (Dead Orbit), 4 issues is usually too short!

Russ840

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 20, 2018, 02:11:36 AM
Hope the "AVP project" Randy mentioned is a Life and Death sequel. Ahab needs a comeback in time for the movie.

My biggest hope is that we eventually get a comic where someone mentions the USM.  :laugh: Dead Orbit could have been that comic.

Yeah. I wanna see more of this story and have it finish.

But honestly, I'd take a series detailing Ahab on his past hunts. I would go as far as saying that he is my fav Pred ever.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jan 20, 2018, 01:10:51 AM
There's more where that came from.  :)

I'm hoping another audio drama.

Russ840

This seems to be a fair guess.

Rage wars would be a good one.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2018, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 18, 2018, 02:54:41 PM

What's the core story?

It's difficult to delve into mysteries that might be undone in future films.

The core story is humanity's broad encounters with the Aliens, bey the engineers, or Xenomorphs and what-not.  Ripley's arc was a very important part of that story though it seems to be in limbo.  Nobody knows if what happened to her in Alien 3 and forwards is to be treated as canon or not.  There is a sense that the canon may be altered.

Of course it is difficult to do stories around this core.  It is precisely why there should be a closer working relationship between Fox and those writing the stories for the novels and comics.  It seems they don't know where they're headed and it is reflected in the comics.  THe result is that we get comics with stories that are self-contained and have no impact on the Aliens universe.  This has been my frustration since 1993.

SM

SM

Alien 3 and Resurrection are quite safe and intact for the foreseeable future.

And there is a fairly close working relationship between Fox and its licensees.  But they're always going to be second place to the films, and there are boundaries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed