The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 90,302 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: black on Feb 08, 2018, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 08, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Feb 08, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
That's a damn shame, I was hoping The Predator wouldn't downright contradict past films.
I'm okay with learning more and exploring more, plus introducing predators with different motives, but I'm hoping the narrative inconsistencies aren't too blatant to ignore.
narrative inconsistencies is very very serious.I would say it makes no sense what the predators in past films were doing, because they had more important things to do.

But don't you think that doesn't prevent the preds in predator 1 & 2 to
Spoiler
just hunt for the sake of it ? Even if bigger problems happened to them and their planet during that time ?
[close]

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Isn't that a bit far fetched though ? Again the narrative has already been established. If you can't create the mystery of the first because the audience now know what a predator looks like
, you could also argue that you can't can't go against the narrative because the audience already knows why they come here.

black

black

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 08, 2018, 05:06:12 PM
That's a damn shame, I was hoping The Predator wouldn't downright contradict past films.
I'm okay with learning more and exploring more, plus introducing predators with different motives, but I'm hoping the narrative inconsistencies aren't too blatant to ignore.
narrative inconsistencies is very very serious.I would say it makes no sense what the predators in past films were doing, because they had more important things to do.

Spoiler
just hunt for the sake of it ? Even if bigger problems happened to them and their planet during that time ?
[close]
Spoiler
  I do not understand their move to our planet if they still have a bunch of planets for hunting and once there are conditions for hunting then for life and find a planet with the right temperature for them is not a problem. They are intergalactic hunters and most likely nomads. Why do they need earth? We can turn the earth into ashes into a confrontation with them and there will be no meaning for them in our planet./spoiler] and
Spoiler
  And what a cold war between them? Most likely they have mastered many planets in the universe and can co-exist separately from each other.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

I have to stress I really want this film to be a successful film , whether I like it or not is irrelevant, however I'm annoyed and scared that if this flops , the predator franchise will be over and it will be the final nail in the coffin . I prey to god that it won't be the case , but my concerns  and dislikes are understandable. I just hope the script was worked on more prior to filming , but after the leaked script of 2010s predators , being leaked and accurate. Is this history just repeating itself again ?

Hollywood

Damn now I don't know what to think because I don't want to click on spoilers  :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on Feb 08, 2018, 05:57:33 PM
Damn now I don't know what to think because I don't want to click on spoilers  :laugh:

Don't !  :laugh: You avoided them until now, it would be a shame to read them now !

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: black on Feb 08, 2018, 05:38:46 PM

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
  I do not understand their move to our planet if they still have a bunch of planets for hunting and once there are conditions for hunting then for life and find a planet with the right temperature for them is not a problem. They are intergalactic hunters and most likely nomads. Why do they need earth? We can turn the earth into ashes into a confrontation with them and there will be no meaning for them in our planet./spoiler] and
Spoiler
  And what a cold war between them? Most likely they have mastered many planets in the universe and can co-exist separately from each other.
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]
As I understand it this is largely excised from the film in it's current state.

BigDaddyJohn

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]
I guess it's possible yes, but still we are not sure of that, i mean it hasn't been "officially" established

black

black

I think Black and Dekker have entered the territory of science fiction and on which they do not know what to do since they have no experience. It's not their genre.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 08, 2018, 07:08:56 PM

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]
[close]
[close]
As I understand it this is largely excised from the film in it's current state.
I hope that this is so but what will then remain of all that they wrote. It would be easier for them to write a new script and not to rewrite this one. They cut out the core of the movie and the bridge to the continuations of the series.Although judging by the photo they did not change anything.It is a pity that Shane did not know this
Spoiler
After global warming, there may be a global cooling both on their planet and on our planet./spoiler]
[close]

zackpred12

Look on the bright side guys, those of us who are aware of the spoilers can just sit back and enjoy the film for what it is.  We don't have to be dumbfounded by the canonical changes (that is if you get dumbfounded by such things).  I'm excited and can't wait!  I'm just going to fall in line with all the other casual movie-goers, and have a blast!  I'm thankful that a group of individuals are working their butts off to allow me to enjoy another outing with my most beloved movie monster of all time.  After "Predators", I didnt think i would have the pleasure to do it again. I'm glad there are re-shoots, it's normal and positive.  Remember, negative fan reviews can kill a movie franchise just as fast as the box office can. Imagine the possibilities of a sequel to this film.  We could see a possible Yautja war, or maybe even more of their homeworld! Good time to be a fan guys. Good time.

P.S. I think that HOLLYWOOD is secretly Shane Black.

Hollywood

Quote from: zackpred12 on Feb 09, 2018, 01:33:28 AM
P.S. I think that HOLLYWOOD is secretly Shane Black.
Lol maybe if I were more witty it'd be believable. But Shane Black is barely active on his own Twitter, he's not going to grace us with his presence as often as I'm here lol 

Sadly, I'm just a guy with interns I can pawn work towards while I cruise the internet from time to time :laugh:

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Hollywood on Feb 09, 2018, 02:02:12 AMBut Shane Black is barely active on his own Twitter, he's not going to grace us with his presence as often as I'm here
That's exactly what Shane Black would say!  ;)

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

The three days of arguing with him makes sense now lol 🙄 What a story that would be to tell my buddies, " so bro what have you been up 2 " .. " ahh nothing much just arguing with Shane black!!! " lmao 😂

Saith

Saith

@All

Thank You AvP Galaxy Forum for keeping me entertained time and time again!

Discuss, Debate, Ponder, Speculate, Agree, Disagree, Communicate or Lurk
"The Door swings both ways. Remember that and we'll all be there for you".

There's still quite a ways to go yet before we will get to see this film.
So, keep it up...

black

Hey, Harrigan! More victims, more mutilations!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed