The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 02, 2018, 09:03:31 PM

Author
The Predator Filming Additional Scenes in March (Read 89,474 times)

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

How is that mindblowing ? If it was up to George Lucas , the franchise would of been dead . Can you honestly say disneys films are worse than phantom menace and attack of the clones ? Which by your definition are true Star Wars as they were made by Lucas . I mean don't even get me started with jar jar Binks , Star Wars fans have never had it so good , money talks , so does care . Disney have a reputation that they know they have to protect .they have always been revolutionary in cinema . Seriously why is there so much hate on Disney ? They basically saved Star Wars from going down the toilet. The same cannot be said for 20th century fox , they are greedy , do not care about the quality they are putting out , and are ultimately franchise killers .

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Don't put words in my mouth , I never said I hate the predator , I said I'm disappointed with the script if it proves to be accurate. Seeing as the predators script was leaked early and proved to be 90% true , I'm inclined to believe this one is . But I have never said I hate it . How can I ? Iv not even watched it yet .

dallevalle

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 08, 2018, 02:43:16 PM
How can you hate The Predator when the movie is not out yet?  :-[

Ohh, and i see, it's the latest cool internet thing to hate the new Star Wars movies. Well, i'm not that cool then, i rather enjoy well made movies than blabbering other peoples opinions.
you got it wrong johnny, alot of people hate the new star wars movie because it's pretty average. it's not about ( oh its so cool to hate stuff!!) people are just very disappointed with it.

Hollywood

Hollywood

If Disney acquires Fox they will likely still release R rated material under a different studio name just like they did with Kill Bill and Con Air. I haven't seen the last Star Wars film but despite what anyone thinks of the last 3, Disney knows how to get attention on their films, so that's a plus, right? I think Johnny is right in his implying that Disney is a smart business that has a good track record in catering to its properties' audiences.

If Disney doesn't lose sight of which audience each film should entice, I don't see why they can't make a Predator film that pleases the crowds who want to see a violent, solid action film. They wouldn't be stupid enough to try to turn the Predator franchise into something like Star Wars.

EDIT: That's not a jab at the quality of Star Wars - that's me saying it's a different "type" of franchise.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: EVIL the PREDATOR on Feb 08, 2018, 03:11:41 PM
Don't put words in my mouth , I never said I hate the predator , I said I'm disappointed with the script if it proves to be accurate. Seeing as the predators script was leaked early and proved to be 90% true , I'm inclined to believe this one is . But I have never said I hate it . How can I ? Iv not even watched it yet .

But you did hate what you read, didn't you ? Or was there some stuff that you liked in the script ?

black

I believe that the star wars did not have to be rescued because the story was over. If the creators had included fantasy and made new films without binding to the old trilogy or would have done with it but with respect to the cult heroes ... And about the predator there is also little respect for his character and a huge logical hole in the narrative that does not fit in with past movies.
In both cases, the creators trying to do something new and fresh forget what was done before them.

Hollywood

Quote from: black on Feb 08, 2018, 03:49:18 PM
And about the predator there is also little respect for his character and a huge logical hole in the narrative that does not fit in with past movies.
In both cases, the creators trying to do something new and fresh forget what was done before them.
When you say past movies do you mean P1, P2 and Preds? Or the AVPs?

black

P1, P2 and Predators too.

Hollywood

That's a damn shame, I was hoping The Predator wouldn't downright contradict past films.

BonesawT101

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 08, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 08, 2018, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 08, 2018, 12:59:57 PM
Disney is the number one movie making machine in the world, everything they touch is critically acclaimed and there is hardly a movie that doesn't make a billion, and rightly so, they know how to please their crowd.

I'm looking forward to them taking over FOX, i really do.
haha this literally made me lol. Did I correctly read this comment as sarcasm? :D :D :D
No, i guess your sarcasm-detector is broken. I'm not surprised people don't share my opinion, and they don't have to, time will tell.

Disney makes crowd-pleasers because they actually care.

For me, i'm really optimistic about the FOX/Disney merge and i think that's exactly the kind of fresh air the Alien/Predator franchise needs. FOX managed to pretty much f**k up their franchises one by one, Die Hard/ ID4/ Alien/ Predator/ Fan4... why do you think they are selling? Because the movies were so good and so successful?

Seems like sarcasm isn't your only demerit.
The Marvel movies, in my opinion are the modern equivalent of the 80's slasher movies. A studio cranking out poorly written film's one after the other with very little style or substance to them. They simply keep these movies flying off of the production line because at the moment they are making lots and lots of money. That doesn't mean that they are good. I can honestly say I have not liked ANY of the marvel movies. Not one. But that's just my opinion. The force Awakens was a pretty poor imitation of A New Hope with a less interesting lead and a less interesting villain. Rogue one was, imo, very good however. The Last Jedi was absolutely dreadful. Seen it opening night with my old man. The general consensus from the audience etc that night, and the world over is that it was a mess. Again, just my opinion, but it was awfully awfully poor. It also completely bombed in a market where even Terminator Genisys made a ton of money. That is really saying something. This idea that all of disney's movies makes billions is a myth. Just look at prince of persia or john carter. They do generally make so called 'crowd pleasers'(although audience score on TLJ was extremely low) So if they decide to reinvigorate Alien, or Predator, expect more of the same, but with next to no genuine talent involved, no style, no substance, no fresh/exciting ideas, and lots and lots of money being spent for good or for bad.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Hollywood on Feb 08, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
That's a damn shame, I was hoping The Predator wouldn't downright contradict past films.
I'm okay with learning more and exploring more, plus introducing predators with different motives, but I'm hoping the narrative inconsistencies aren't too blatant to ignore.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Bonesaw that's quite a broad statement , if they were poor , people wouldn't go and watch them would they ? Look at the hype for infinity war .. that hype wouldn't exist if what came before was bad.

Also you didn't explain yourself ..  attack of the clones and especially phantom menace were dreadful , yet they were not made by Disney they were made by the Star Wars man himself George Lucas . I haven't seen TLJ yet but rogue one was awesome .

Hollywood I didn't mean Disney should make alien and predator like Star Wars , I meant they should be given the same treatment and attention to detail Star Wars has received .

Also you may believe remakes and rehashes never work , but 2017s It , was my favourite film of the year and I don't even like horror films really .. some of the scenes were shot for shot the same as Tim currys . Did it flop ? No it was one of the best films of the year .

And yes some parts of the script I did like big daddy john , but a lot of it I didn't . That doesn't mean I hate something . Hate is a strong word.

EVIL the PREDATOR

EVIL the PREDATOR

Hollywood do you understand why my view is this film is being reduced to a "dumb monster movie" now ? I'll say it again you can't wipe what has gone before . It then just becomes a creature feature with no soul .

black

black

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 08, 2018, 04:21:22 PM
Quote from: Hollywood on Feb 08, 2018, 04:01:13 PM
I'm okay with learning more and exploring more, plus introducing predators with different motives, but I'm hoping the narrative inconsistencies aren't too blatant to ignore.
narrative inconsistencies is very very serious.I would say it makes no sense what the predators in past films were doing, because they had more important things to do.

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

"attack of the clones and especially phantom menace were dreadful , yet they were not made by Disney they were made by the Star Wars man himself George Lucas . I haven't seen TLJ yet but rogue one was awesome ."

Agreed.

Meanwhile, back on topic, wonder if the reshoots will include that awesome Arnie cameo I need in my life.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed