NECA Alien Series 4 Unveiled

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2014, 07:00:53 PM

Author
NECA Alien Series 4 Unveiled (Read 5,132 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Last night NECA unveiled the fourth series of their Alien figure series. Whilst not the first Ripley figures, these are the first to feature an accurate likeness of Sigourney Weaver:

“Series 4 in our best-selling Alien action figure collection celebrates 35 years of the original Alien film with all-new character debuts! It includes two versions of Ellen Ripley — for the first time ever featuring the likeness of Sigourney Weaver — and Dallas in his Nostromo Spacesuit.

Ripley in Nostromo Jumpsuit comes with flamethrower and Jonesy the cat. Dallas in Nostromo Spacesuit comes with removable helmet, pistol and flashlight. Ripley in Nostromo Spaceuit comes with removable helmet, harpoon gun with two different attachments, and a frightened version of Jonesy the cat. Each fully articulated figure stands approximately 7″ tall and comes in special 35th Anniversary packaging.”

021214_06 Alien: Covenant: One Year Later - AvP Galaxy Podcast #68NECA Alien Series 4 is due out March 2015. Series 3 is due out sometime this month.

Vark_

Vark_

Quite disappointed by Nostromo Ripley, what have they done with the likeness ?
Lucky Star Ripley is better than the former imo, still the most convincing figure of this series is Dallas.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The prototype Ripley in jumpsuit looked better than the final product and frightened Jones would have made more sense packaged with a figure of Brett in a future series.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Jumpsuit/flame thrower Ripley and Space suit Ripley will be what I'm getting. I just don't care for space suite Dallas, unless theres a Derelict space craft diaroma being made I don't see much reason to buy it, atleast not for me. Dallas was never really my favorite, not to say he wasn't a good charactor or wasn't played by a great character, Tom Scerritt is awesome and did great in the film, I just don't see much playability for this figure without some kind of Derelict walling or LV-426 display stuff. That or I'm too demanding. I dunno, might pick him up and print out some Derelict wall or something, I'd like for there to be a jumpsuit version of him though, I can put an alien figure in the vent and reenact his capture scene.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vark_ on Dec 02, 2014, 08:42:40 PM
Quite disappointed by Nostromo Ripley, what have they done with the likeness ?
Lucky Star Ripley is better than the former imo, still the most convincing figure of this series is Dallas.

Yeah - the earlier images looked better. I think if I get any from this set it will be space-suit Ripley. I'm more inclined to get all of the previous series myself - maybe not Bishop though.

Zenstoren

Zenstoren

Only interested in Aliens.. This set is of no interest to me.

cteno

cteno

I will buy all of them but really the line is called "aliens" not humans and cats it's nice that we get some other characters from the films but at least 1 xeno in every series seriously...well any predictions as to what the xeno in series 5 will be?

Vark_

Vark_

The line isn't called "Aliens". Each figure coming in its own clamshell has the proper movie title with it.
Big chap has "Alien", Hicks has "Aliens", so on... ;). Contrary to you, I'm glad we are getting such iconic characters (and soon a power loader), this franchise isn't only a matter of space monsters in my point of view.

No information if we are to get a xeno in series 5 or not. Just eggs and Ripley from Aliens so far.

MrSpaceJockey

There's only so many Alien variants they can push out, ha.  I'd much rather have more of the iconic Moebius spacesuits or freaking Ellen Ripley than a Resurrection styled Alien.

khas

khas

I believe that in line 5 will also be a figure of Bishop with the broken body ... Neca has to repay the image rights of Lance Henriksen ....

Corporal Hicks

I cannot wait for the power-loader. I really hope it is good.

Otter

Otter

Would anyone be keen on parting with a Jones from jumpsuit Ripley?  I'll get teh figure if I have to, but only really want the cat.

Or... is anyone interested on a cheap, loose jumpsuit Ripley?  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed