Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,240 times)

Master

Good God, I hope not!

Nightmare Asylum

I'd rather Scott's prequel story end in a dedicated Covenant sequel on the big screen. But carrying elements of his prequels over into this series? Absolutely. 8)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: nanison on Aug 02, 2021, 01:01:34 AM
If Ridley Scott is involved maybe it will serve as an ending for his 2 prequels.

Yeah, with what we know so far, I don't believe this is the direction they are going.

Nightmare Asylum

Noah Hawley shed some light on your "They're about humanity trapped between our primordial, parasitic past and our artificial intelligence future—and they're both trying to kill us" statement challenge!

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 02, 2021, 07:29:03 PM
"They're about humanity trapped between our primordial, parasitic past

Spoiler
[close]

and our artificial intelligence future—and they're both trying to kill us"

Spoiler
[close]

Even if the references end up being subtle, It seems that Corporal Hicks was right when he said this show takes place on Scott Street.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 02, 2021, 09:28:55 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Even if the references end up being subtle, It seems that Corporal Hicks was right when he said this show takes place on Scott Street.  :laugh:

I'll drink to that.

Spoiler
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 02, 2021, 09:35:08 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 02, 2021, 09:28:55 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I'll drink to that.

Spoiler
[close]

I don't know how liberal the quote is, but while it's clear that Noah isn't ignoring the prequels, can this mean the show takes place after Covenant?

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly, couldn't tell you. The "[...] not too far in the future [...]" bit from the initial announcement still confuses the hell out of me. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! I'm dying to know what he means by that.  :laugh:

David Weyland

Oh no they're bringing the prequel book Origins to life 😄

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 02, 2021, 11:22:31 PM
Honestly, couldn't tell you. The "[...] not too far in the future [...]" bit from the initial announcement still confuses the hell out of me. :D

To compare it against star wars etc to investors. I'd put money on it being vaguely in the Aliens/Alien3 era, at least with travel times and a few recognizable props.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 03, 2021, 10:36:07 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 02, 2021, 11:22:31 PM

To compare it against star wars etc to investors. I'd put money on it being vaguely in the Aliens/Alien3 era, at least with travel times and a few recognizable props.

Post-Aliens/Alien 3 would certainly be my preferred option. Sure, there's that 57 year gap between Alien and Aliens that some would argue leaves the door open to stories in that era, but speaking purely for myself here, I don't really want to see anyone using that gap to have people poking around the Derelict  and successfully finding it in the time between the Nostromo touching down and Ripley's return with the marines.

Isolation manages to make a pit stop to LV-426 in that gap work, sure, but Isolation is also a weird anomaly full of bad ideas (like Amanda following in her mother's footsteps, for starters) that it manages to pull off shockingly well due to its nature as a video game (and thanks in no small part to the fact that the real star of the game is its style/art direction and atmosphere, more so than its characters and narrative).

nanison

When does alien covenant take place? That should be the first encounter with an alien. I think that was pretty far in the future :-D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: nanison on Aug 03, 2021, 11:46:32 PM
When does alien covenant take place? That should be the first encounter with an alien. I think that was pretty far in the future :-D

It takes place last tuesday after Resurrection. Just kidding. :laugh:

2104 acording to SM's website.  :)

The Alien Universe Timeline: The Weyland Century (1990-2104)

Huggs

It's only about a decade or so after the prometheus went missing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed