The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 107,150 times)

Predatorium

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 12, 2014, 06:12:27 PM
I watched the vid with the android. Wtf bro - they give me flamethrower, revolver and molotov.. Why I can't just go hunt down the xeno and kill it?

You can try..Good luck :)

Mr. Clemens

I watched the vid with the android. Wtf bro - they give me flamethrower, revolver and molotov.. Why I can't just go hunt down the xeno and kill it?

Because there's a metric buttload of Alien(s) games out there that let you do that shit.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 12, 2014, 10:34:47 PM

Because there's a metric buttload of Alien(s) games out there that let you do that shit.
A:I is looking to portray the Alien in a much more authentic and faithful manor than the buttload of "Aliens-are-cannon-fodder" games we've had to settle for in the last two decades.

Besides. We're talking pistols, flamethrowers and molotovs here. Not Pulse Rifles, Smart Guns, and Sentry Turrets.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 12, 2014, 11:00:18 PM

A:I is looking to portray the Alien in a much more authentic and faithful manor than the buttload of "Aliens-are-cannon-fodder" games we've had to settle for in the last two decades.

Besides. We're talking pistols, flamethrowers and molotovs here. Not Pulse Rifles, Smart Guns, and Sentry Turrets.

You gettin' on me? My take on the situation is the same as yours!  :D

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jun 12, 2014, 11:33:42 PM

You gettin' on me? My take on the situation is the same as yours!  :D
Of course not. lol It just seemed like you were under the wrong impression. :D

OpenMaw

The pistol looks pretty beefy, but, it does make me wonder what will happen if you try to blast the alien with it. Will the bullets just bounce off, or will it end up bleeding everywhere and cause a hull breach?  (Of course not. I'm not naive to the complex nature of a system like that.)

It's interesting though, I wasn't expecting any offensive capability at all. The flamethrower was about the best I was expecting. So it's nice that it won't totally be a hide-and-seek affair. Even if it's mostly down to "disable your enemy so you can get by."

WinterActual

A flamethrower is still a flamethrower. Its variant doesn't matter.

Being this

or like this

it doesn't matter. It's supposed to do the job. The fire is the most effective method of killing a xeno excluding the obvious guns, so even a spray can + lighter should do something.

meshuggah

Have we ever officially (and canonically) seen a xenomorph actually killed by fire though?

Corporal Hicks

I don't think we have. We've seen the fire kills eggs but never an adult. That said, we've seen an adult survive tons of molten lead being poured on it.

meshuggah

Yeah, fire destroys the eggs but yeah I recall never seeing an 'adult' killed by fire, babies yes (recalling that scene in Aliens in the hive with the cocooned colonist).

WinterActual

So what are you saying is that the adult xenos can be killed only by assault rifle, shotgun, etc.? No way. Its not possible. Its a tissue after all, its not metal.

Btw the revolver in the game seems way more powerful than the pistols used in A:R and in the movie one bullet to the head killed an adult xeno. The revolver in the game should be able to kill the xeno. It looks like its bigger caliber judging by its barrel and punch. (as someone already mentioned)

SM

QuoteSo what are you saying is that the adult xenos can be killed only by assault rifle, shotgun, etc.?

There's some leap in logic...

WinterActual

Thats bullshit man. You can kill a xeno even with melee weapon. Why the predator is hunting xenos with spear and wrist blade if the xenos were UNKILLABLE like some people think? You are not limited to firearms only. Its funny to think you are.

Predatorium

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2014, 07:55:03 AM
So what are you saying is that the adult xenos can be killed only by assault rifle, shotgun, etc.? No way. Its not possible. Its a tissue after all, its not metal.

Btw the revolver in the game seems way more powerful than the pistols used in A:R and in the movie one bullet to the head killed an adult xeno. The revolver in the game should be able to kill the xeno. It looks like its bigger caliber judging by its barrel and punch. (as someone already mentioned)

This is not a drone alien from any of the sequels. It's a lone alien that has morphed into something huge, something we haven't seen before. It might very well be indestructible. And no we have never seen fire actually killing a Xenomorph. Btw the alien is biomechanical, it's tissue is not remotely close to ours. And fire and bullets are two different things, it's not like fire travels over 1000 feet per second and penetrates anything in it's path.

WinterActual

Can you show me a screen where I can see the mechanical part of a xeno?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed