Aliens: The Essential Comics

Started by Russ840, Apr 23, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

Author
Aliens: The Essential Comics (Read 8,457 times)

Prez

Prez

@426Buddy

That's a pretty cool response.

Corporal Hicks

How long ago was that?

426Buddy

426Buddy

It was not long after i found out that countdown wouldnt be included with the Hardcover of book 2&3.

March 27 2017.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Least you had a response. which is always a plus. Hopefully in future they'll do something with it.

That's annoying about part 1 of Countdown mind. why do it one way for part 1 and then another way for part 2?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah i was glad for a response, its never happened before or since.

My email was really more praise and positive than negative. I did say i was disappointed that it wasnt in the hardcover and that I would love to see it restored and released officially.

Also i should say that i got response on march 27, i sent the email in jan or February  i think.

felix

felix

Coming out this week.

On the fence whether to get it.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: felix on Oct 22, 2018, 08:50:06 AM
Coming out this week.

On the fence whether to get it.

Similar. I own the original Trades, Omnibus Volume 1 + the new fancy pants Hardcover versions so not sure if this is worth it unless it brings something else to the playground.

Corporal Hicks

I had a flick through this in the comic store. Looks like a coloured version of the Hicks & Newt version of Book One. Couldn't tell if it was a new colouring or not, though.

Russ840

Russ840

Did you notice if it included the page from book 2 that was not in the fancy pants release?  The one of Spears looking at the Xeno in the cylinder.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 31, 2018, 08:32:37 PM
Did you notice if it included the page from book 2 that was not in the fancy pants release?  The one of Spears looking at the Xeno in the cylinder.

The `Perfection' panel which DB actually did in 96' ... I hope it does.

Russ840

Russ840

That's the one

Corporal Hicks

Sorry, didn't think to check.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on May 07, 2018, 06:37:48 AMWasn't there some issue with the quality of the original artwork or something like that? By that I mean the actual physical quality of DB's artwork not the artistic merit (which is undoubted).

Wouldn't have thought so - they managed to blow it up to magazine size for the Aliens magazine reprint and it looked fine.

I did hear they lost the original masters somewhere along the line, which is why it hasn't been collected since. How true that is...

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 08, 2018, 11:51:51 PMHowever i learned the hard way that the first part was actually a seperate mini issue originally sold with issue vol.2#9. I have yet to find a copy of the part one mini comic  :'(

Same thing happened to me. I ended up buying another copy of #9 that came with the mini-comic included.

The Old One

The Old One

These guys are top tier,
seems the appropriate place.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Prez on Oct 31, 2018, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 31, 2018, 08:32:37 PM

The `Perfection' panel which DB actually did in 96' ... I hope it does.

Can confirm it does.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed