Clip shown on the Graham Norton show

Started by FreeFacehugz, May 06, 2017, 10:05:42 PM

Author
Clip shown on the Graham Norton show (Read 29,607 times)

Perfect-Organism

Aliens know when a camera is watching them.  Hmm...

Scorpio

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 08, 2017, 03:58:43 AM

Not bad for only a few hours old.  And people say aliens are just mindless bugs.

kwisatz

kwisatz

This clip is shockingly bad. Like video game level bad.

Worst piece from the marketing campaing so far for me.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Scorpio on May 08, 2017, 04:09:30 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 08, 2017, 03:58:43 AM

Not bad for only a few hours old.  And people say aliens are just mindless bugs.
I like it. It's that alien esp. I liked how it had to go out of it's way and use it's little alien mouth to taunt
Spoiler
David... I mean Walter.
[close]
Well I know what I mean. Although I guess that scene also answered another of life's pondering questions. Do machines experience fear?

Huggs

Huggs

That was fun. Bad choice showing so much of the creature, (Isolation tribute) but fun none the less. So it can see like humans and light doesn't bother it? It doesn't care if the prey hears it banging around? No vents or attempts to stay hidden? I just don't see the Alien as an organism prone to loudly rumbling through open Hallways with the lights on. I had to severely suspend belief when playing Isolation because of this (masterpiece though it is). I know it's supposed to be an early version of the Xeno but, c'mon Ridley. Dallas's death in the original film and novelization are both good examples of how you do it. I just get the feeling this kind of thing is done to cater to the modern audience who wants to see everything all the time. Jaws, Alien 1979, Godzilla 2014. Masterpieces all, and for a reason.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Huggs on May 08, 2017, 05:40:30 AM
That was fun. Bad choice showing so much of the creature, (Isolation tribute) but fun none the less. So it can see like humans and light doesn't bother it? It doesn't care if the prey hears it banging around? No vents or attempts to stay hidden? I just don't see the Alien as an organism prone to loudly rumbling through open Hallways with the lights on. I had to severely suspend belief when playing Isolation because of this (masterpiece though it is). I know it's supposed to be an early version of the Xeno but, c'mon Ridley. Dallas's death in the original film and novelization are both good examples of how you do it. I just get the feeling this kind of thing is done to cater to the modern audience who wants to see everything all the time. Jaws, Alien 1979, Godzilla 2014. Masterpieces all, and for a reason.

Godzilla 2014 a masterpiece? Do people really think that? The human element was pathetic, and Godzilla was kind of meh. Maybe I'm completely alone in that perspective.

Bonus Situation

Not sure how anyone can defend that CGI. The quality is up for debate but the execution is unacceptable for any film. The quality of CGI in any film new or old isn't a big factor for me but even in the original Clash of the Titans you didn't have Medusa accidentally moving through walls due to the sloppiness of the puppeteers / VX team. So surprised this shot even made it out there.

whiterabbit

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 08, 2017, 07:05:09 AM
Quote from: Huggs on May 08, 2017, 05:40:30 AM

Godzilla 2014 a masterpiece? Do people really think that? The human element was pathetic, and Godzilla was kind of meh. Maybe I'm completely alone in that perspective.
Humans are fragile and weak when faced with a god. So the human element was meant to be pathetic. I thought Godzilla 2014 played it very well indeed. Of course people have become accustomed to superhuman feats and beings; maybe a plain old giant radioactive lizard doesn't cut it anymore.

Saggit

Saggit

They should put an Alien Isolation creature instead of this. I think animation is really bad and it feels somehow... I don't know... artificial? Out of place? There is something wrong with it. Just compare it with the dinosaurs in last Jurassic Park. Hell! Compare it with the first one.

Scary to think this is what Ridley initially wanted with his Xenomorph (in Alien) had they had the digital equipment in the (late) 70's.

Rudiger

Noooooo! What the heck was that? That alien just looks terrible.

And since when do androids jump? David didn't jump in Prometheus when the engineer's head exploded.

motherfather

motherfather

Perhaps it would have been better if like some suggested, you only saw a limb or tail disappearing down the ladderwalk. Watching it "prance about" like a puppy dog that just dashed into a dead-end alley is very offputting.

I suppose they could have even salvaged that scene by not being so closeup or dirtying up the image to mask a poor job at cgi. Anything surely would be better than currently.

Lexxdog

Lexxdog

Dose anyone else think the shot at the end with the alien bite the camera looks like the cover art for the video game "alien breed " and that was a copy off alien

Rudiger

I suppose it's CGI working against the filmmaker. In Alien and Aliens, they had to work hard at disguising the fact that you were looking at a man in a rubber suit. Apart from the final reveal in Alien, it was hard to tell what you were looking at and even harder to distinguish how it moved. That was why it was so "alien". Now, with CGI, it's like they've forgotten the old 'less is more' adage.

Citadel

Quote from: Rudiger on May 08, 2017, 06:29:40 PM
I suppose it's CGI working against the filmmaker. In Alien and Aliens, they had to work hard at disguising the fact that you were looking at a man in a rubber suit. Apart from the final reveal in Alien, it was hard to tell what you were looking at and even harder to distinguish how it moved. That was why it was so "alien". Now, with CGI, it's like they've forgotten the old 'less is more' adage.
I really just think Ridley is more confident in the technology. If he utilised this technology back in '79 then Alien would also be very different to what we're used to. Obviously, the sloppiness of the CGI is no excuse. I'm hoping it's fixed for general release.

benobi

benobi

At the right bottom of Walters monitor  - is that a small Philips Logo ?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed