DreadCentral AvPR Review

Started by Darkness, Dec 24, 2007, 07:00:50 PM

Author
DreadCentral AvPR Review (Read 16,080 times)

superdrizz

superdrizz

i'll stick with what movie-web said, at least they enjoyed it for what it was.

PREDATOR34

PREDATOR34

what i dont get is why avp r has ruined the franchise thats a loada *****. why not make an alien 5 and why not a predator 3 thats pissed me off.

Venenoso

Venenoso

Wasn't the Ridley Scott & Jim Cameron collaberation just rumours? I mean had the two actually sat down and discussed it together? If so, then Fox just f**ked themselves, they could have let them handle Alien 5, Rodriguez Predator 3, and STILL make AvP movies afterwards (if they wanted).     >:(  

Kasch

Kasch

Wow, a lot of hatred from the fanboys. Hey, I wanted nothing more than to have my ass blown away and the Strause Brothers to knock it out of the park, but it didn't happen. I cheered all the way through the trailer, but not once during the actual movie. Nobody's more disappointed than I am.  Of course this is just my opinion and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will be briefly entertained. There will also be people who like it on sheer principle or for the minor fact that it's better than Anderson's crap.  Oh, for the record I don't like Resurrection, but Jeunet is one of the brilliant modern filmmakers. You guys need to watch movies with subtitles sometime and not judge a director based on a botched job when he's a fish out of water.

rchin1

rchin1

f**k YOU critics go to hell I'm still seeing the movie anyway   >:(  

crumbs

crumbs

Anyone who doesn't think Jeunet is an incredibl talented and brilliant director is a sad, sheltered individual. His French work is stunning, and Amelie is high on the iMDB best movies list for a reason. It's f**king BRILLIANT.  Alien Resurrection had an awful script, and Jeunet was just the wrong choice to direct the film. Cameron's first film was Pirahna II, you know, and look where he ended up. You guys need to open your damn eyes before you start slating the director over ONE film.

Vanski

Vanski

That's because they're retarted fanboys, who don't know jack shit about good movie, and praise a movie, what they haven't even seen.

crumbs

crumbs

Exactly. You're entitled to love or hate the movie; you can't slant people for giving a negative review; for starters you haven't even SEEN the film to be able to tell otherwise. I'm hoping like all hell AVPR kicks ass, but these people have seen the film and are entitled to post their opinions on it. Fanboy opinions aren't above others, like some of you seem to believe.

Firetnk

Firetnk

Who cares about the critics. A lot of their complaints were not very reasonable. So far this looks like it is in the direction, the only thing I can complain about is bad actors but they can be decent so I can not complain. the fight scenes especialy the National Guard fight was coal. Also I liked AVP I know many will think wow he can go to hell. but it's my 4th favorite film in the Franchise. ALIENS 1st,2nd ALIEN , 3rd PREDATOR then AVP. ALIEN RESURECTION is what every one should hate it is what ruined the franchise I hate that movie with a pashion.

benashby

benashby

Is that Rodriguez Predator 3 script online, by any chance?  Or does anyone have it? Cheers,

trailpimp

trailpimp

At least some kid working at movies enjoyed the hole thing:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758730/

xxx

xxx

wow .... and what..... its probably "kid" straight from the fox .... alll negatives and you still dont believe ... weird ...

andy_07

andy_07

seriously, who do these critics think they are.  i thought the movie was outstanding, and can only make the franchise grow.  critics wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them in the ass

kid_rot

kid_rot

So is the little girl in the movie supposed to be Ripley's grandmother or something? And was nuking the little town a hint of real future events yet to happen? Art imitating life? And we wonder why those little green men haven't made contact with us yet. Well, not all of us, anyway. This movie sucked because it sucked our money. It was so obvious that the movie was made for the sole purpose of banking on the holiday season. Basically, with this "plot", any creature from space could've been used and not have to be the Alien. What would've made an interesting story is if the Hybrid actually made it back to the Predator homeworld and wrecked havok there. The funniest thing about the whole movie was when the Predalien french kisses those pregnant women! As if going thru labor wasn't scary enough! As a devoted fan, I will wait for the masterpiece. No worries lol.

ian

ian

Good film/bad film?. what do you mainly want from it, "Alien", great film, Most will say. " A bit slow, but what a script, superb acting. I think as the two main characters dont have a single line between them, a as long as the story is'nt totally appalling (comical), we can realise this is 1 for the sci/fi, horror mad viewer. where you see 2 of cinemas greatest ultimate killer's wage war. If it's for you or not, it,s a film that had be made. It will be enjoyed by many who where disappointed with the 1st "AVP".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed