The Face Hugger Sound Efects At The End Of Aliens

Started by pinkystinkinc, Oct 20, 2020, 02:26:55 AM

Author
The Face Hugger Sound Efects At The End Of Aliens (Read 4,898 times)

pinkystinkinc

Was Alien 3 originally intended to be a race against time to keep the sulaco from returning to earth with its alien cargo or was it supposed to begin with all 3 survivors unknowingly transporting the queen facehugger to earth then having to spend the rest of the movie eliminating it along with jonesy the cat?

Kradan

Hell if I know

Drukathi

No. I look at this sound like an Easter egg or even just a meaningless sound effect. Alas, this is the type of Easter egg that can do a disservice and give rise to baseless speculation.
Used mainly to justify something. In this case, an attempt to fill the price and justify the senseless existence of Alien 3. Very similar to the xenomorph skull from Predator 2. It doesn't even look like a xenomorph skull, tbh. But people use this Easter egg as an argument to justify AvP.
I guess we were lucky (or not????) that we didn't get Newt/Ripley at the end of A Predator.

SM

Quote from: pinkystinkinc on Oct 20, 2020, 02:26:55 AM
Was Alien 3 originally intended to be a race against time to keep the sulaco from returning to earth with its alien cargo or was it supposed to begin with all 3 survivors unknowingly transporting the queen facehugger to earth then having to spend the rest of the movie eliminating it along with jonesy the cat?

No, it was just something fun at the end of credits. The three original scripts for Alien 3 didn't have a stowaway facehugger. Gibson's had an egg growing out of Bishop's guys, but it wasn't until Ward came along that an Alien had wreaked havoc on the ship.

pinkystinkinc

Then why were there tag lines like on earth everyone can hear you scream and an early alien 3 poster with a face hugger over earth or something ?

Kradan

Well, there's an opinion that during development of the movie FOX didn't know the f**k they wanted so they basically threw some shit at the wall

judge death

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 20, 2020, 12:42:16 PM
Well, there's an opinion that during development of the movie FOX didn't know the f**k they wanted so they basically threw some shit at the wall
This, they didnt even have a script finished and no ending etc and foxs pr department seems to had no info on the movie and just threw out trailers that would spark interest and had nothing in common with the movie. Even some people working on the movie as surprised over the trailer saying the movie will take place on earth....

SM

That trailer came out because of Alien 3s dumb development cycle.

Local Trouble

Didn't it excite you with thoughts of seeing a live-action depiction of Sam Kieth's art?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 20, 2020, 10:43:14 PM
Didn't it excite you with thoughts of seeing a live-action depiction of Sam Kieth's art?

Live action Inhuman Condition? Don't mind if I do. 8)

Kradan

Same here

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 20, 2020, 10:43:14 PM

Nothing of Sam Kieth would excite my thoughts.

pinkystinkinc

What a missed opportunity for an excellent sequel action packed on earth with all the previous players in their prime . I saw the abyss today and thought if only he had spent all that effort on alien 3 instead

son_of_kane

If Alien3 had been a Xenos-on-Earth battle epic, it probably would've been too expensive and may not have lived up to expectations. I mean, it sounds like enormous fun but I'm not sure how well it would've translated on screen. In my opinion, Alien movies work best out in the depths of space with a limited number of characters.

Nightmare Asylum

An Alien invasion of Earth sounds like the worst possible direction to take this series. It is just some zombie movie at that point, basically.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed