"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel

Started by Stolen, Sep 02, 2020, 07:24:59 PM

Author
"That’s in process" - Ridley on Next Alien Prequel (Read 64,264 times)

RidleyScott99

It seems Studios have a lot of faith in Ridley Scott. About ALIEN: I don't think it's the Greatest movie of his life. I prefer 9 or more of his other movies: PROMETHEUS, COVENANT, GLADIATOR, BLACK HAWK DOWN, AMERICAN GANGSTER, THE MARTIAN, THE DUELLISTS, BLADE RUNNER and BLACK RAIN. George Lucas only made Star Wars. Ridley Scott is very Unique because he made movies in All Genres. Ridley Scott is very similar to Spielberg. Spielberg is not JAWS. Spielberg made 50 other movies

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 07, 2020, 01:38:29 AM
Covenant already lobbed a big softball for a retcon with David's frequent deceptions and his misattribution of Ozymandias.  He can both lie and be wrong.

Now he needs to experience something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHERkWZEnUg

Yeah I think given that he's an unreliable narrator there was plenty of room for two interpretations.

Nukiemorph

I am seeing a lot of news outlets carry this story. Hopefully it will provoke someone to prod him some more during Raised By Wolves press soon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 04, 2020, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: son_of_kane on Sep 04, 2020, 06:53:27 PM
Quote from: reecebomb on Sep 04, 2020, 04:45:33 PM

That said I would happily look forward to his other sci fi projects, provided he gets a half decent script.

Will he EVER get around to making The Forever War?  ???

Does Scott Free even hold the rights to that anymore? I can't remember the last time it was ever even mentioned in the media.

They'd lost the rights to it around when Covenant was being made.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 05, 2020, 07:30:38 PM
The worst part of Covenant is the Alien parts, but that has more to do with a director that is completely uninterested in the creature to start with.

This. I still f**king love Covenant. I find the themes it's playing with particularly interesting, I still think David is fascinating and the whole frustration with creation aspect is something I love and think fits in with Alien (I've had the idea in the back of my head for a while now of someone who wants kids but can't, turns to the Aliens in some f**ked up way of getting children). But Covenant is definitely at it's worse once the Alien is introduced. Scott just doesn't handle it well and you can tell he was forced into including it in the film. And there's the whole it being a recent creation thing, but I'm sure we can tap-dance around that in another film.

Kimarhi

The best part of covenant was the David and Walter interplay.

I didnt mind the neomorphs or the xenos, and think you can still explain away the xenos by simply saying that David followed instructions that were already there.  To me Covenant was much better than Prometheus, but I still find it lacking behind the original trilogy by quite a degree.

It would've been better had they excluded the security team and made the married couples running the ship a bigger deal.  Would've had more emotional impact. 

Drukathi

From my point of view Prometheus and Covenant better than Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

I still don't know if I want a third film from Ridley. But I would go with something like Aliens: Apocalypse - The Destoying Angenls and Aliens: Outbreak / Armageddon.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2020, 07:50:59 AMBut Covenant is definitely at it's worse once the Alien is introduced. Scott just doesn't handle it well and you can tell he was forced into including it in the film. And there's the whole it being a recent creation thing, but I'm sure we can tap-dance around that in another film.

In reminds me of how Spider-Man 3 forced Venom into the story, which Sam Raimi clearly didn't want.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

They told him we want f*cking Aliens, so he gave us f*cking Aliens.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 07, 2020, 06:25:30 PM

Ridley f*cking giveth

And Ridley f*cking taketh

Stolen

It's that simple...
Fox wanted aliens, so Ridley was forced to make them part of the story.
Otherwise Fox would have produced the Blomkamp fan film.

And thank god, don't touch Alien 3. Ripley's story is superb, why would you want to change that ...

Kradan

Drukathi

Regarding the franchise, which is called... Alien! What could go wrong?

Kimarhi

I think the biggest disappointment with the Covenant Alien is that it went full Cameron mode instead of the creepy slow stalking original mode.  It just wasn't scary.

I still don't think it felt really off necessarily, it just felt like every other incarnation of the Alien that fans bitched about since the original.  He fell right into that same trap that everybody after the original did.  Making them shriek assault chainsaw monsters. 

But there IS something to say it is over exposed now, its never going to be as scary as it was originally. 

Magegg

New movie? Yay!

Just don't let Scott get anywhere close to it.

He's definitely not what the franchise needs nowadays.

Voodoo Magic

I think if Prometheus made at least $100 Million more, Ridley would have had more freedom and less required course correction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed