Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 86,776 times)

Gash

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 03, 2018, 05:40:55 AM
Quote from: Gash on Jan 03, 2018, 05:17:49 AM
I'm not aware of aiming any diatribe towards Cameron in recent months, unless you consider my pointing out that he made the most successful sequel to ALIEN as some sort of slur?

The most successful sequel to Alien would be Prometheus, but carry on.

That's a prequel.

Yahzee

Quote from: 0321recon on Jan 03, 2018, 05:42:59 AM
Blomkamp sent out a tweet mentioning he's moved on from the franchise. Screen rant is reporting on it.

https://screenrant.com/alien-5-neill-blomkamp-cancelled/
...PLEASE!!! let it be so. I rather have no more Alien movies than a fan-film passing off as a sequel to Aliens

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

SM

And adjusted for inflation, Aliens is way out in front.

Scorpio

Worldwide box office for Prometheus is much higher than Aliens, even taking into account inflation.

SM

You can't accurately inflate worldwide box office receipts due to there being too many fluctuations in different currencies, which is why they restrict inflation adjusted figures to US domestic.

Gash

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 03, 2018, 06:11:21 AM
Worldwide box office for Prometheus is much higher than Aliens, even taking into account inflation.

It's still a prequel. I chose the description as Aliens being the most successful sequel quite carefully.

Alionic

Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Jan 03, 2018, 12:10:41 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2018, 12:00:10 AM
How is it stagnant?  They've gone off in different directions with Engineers and androids and black goo.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but they're not simply repeating the same thing over and over.

Same film beats, three different times, from Ridley. Each with diminished story returns. Also, Engineers? Killed, Black Goo? Gone. The only constant is Michael Fassbender as an Android. Real fresh, gotta love that schizophrenic kind of story telling. Not too mention his love/hate relationship with the Xenomorph.

The only thing that can remotely be called schizophrenic here is your complaint that the prequels are "unoriginal" (a false claim FYI) juxtaposed with your demand that Blomkamp's unoriginal remake of James Cameron's movie get made.

AVP-CAPCOM

Oh come on we all know an "ALIENS-esque" type film, set in the future, with military hardware is in the works.

I haven't seen this much pre-production hype since the proposed, and maligned, "ALIEN remake" proposed to be produced by Ridley Scott and Directed by his ex-son-in-law Carl Rinsch (47 Ronin).
The idea, which would expand the original ALIEN mythology and unused "dissecting the derelict" a retrospective blog post talking about Ridley Scott's ambition to tell a larger story back-story to the Space Jockey and a, then, seperate race of Engineers.
http://alienexplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/dissecting-derelict-scene-on-acheron.html
Of course that movie became Prometheus (2012) and the results were variable (but a relative hit at Box Office).

Its obvious from the off-set that retconning those lucrative ALIEN boxsets (which get almost annual updates) is a daft idea. Make a stand-alone sequel, get a new story, new actors and some originality in production design. Do we really need Vietnam imagery of the 1986 dropship in 2018 onwards?
Fan-wanks do not make great films.

Alionic

lol "Screenrant.com."

Disney is inevitably going to make their own Alien film independent of Scott's involvement. I'm sure they have Blomkamp's contact info.

Corporal Hicks

Split from the pre-prod topic and merged with another topic about the tweet.

whiterabbit

Bloomkamp reminds me of that Lawyer from Jurassic Park.

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Jan 03, 2018, 06:24:38 AM
You can't accurately inflate worldwide box office receipts due to there being too many fluctuations in different currencies, which is why they restrict inflation adjusted figures to US domestic.

Prometheus
Domestic:    $126,477,084      31.4%
+ Foreign:    $276,877,385      68.6%

Aliens
Domestic:    $85,160,248      65.0%
+ Foreign:    $45,900,000      35.0%

35% vs 68.6% lol

LtJesseRipley

SM

SM

Rank Title             Adjusted Gross
1      Alien             $280,867,700 
2      Aliens            $204,981,400
3      Prometheus   $139,725,200

Kel G 426

QuoteIt was an amazing chance to work in the world Ridley and James Cameron created. And collaborate with Sigourney.

Neill is always going to say it's not happening until it is, enticing us all the while.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed