Alien: Covenant Virtual Reality?

Started by Kimo, Sep 15, 2016, 07:09:22 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Virtual Reality? (Read 15,393 times)

whiterabbit

No, not really interested in a VR trailer.

Kimo

Went to check out The Martian VR for PS4 but notice it's like £15. Don't think I want to risk paying that price for what looks like a fancy tech demo that you will only play once. was hoping it was gonna be free to play or at least around the £5 mark. I hope Alien Covenant don't try this trick.. just do a simple VR trailer for Covenant like they did with the likes of the Conjuring 2 and The Avenger's without slapping a £15 price tag on it.

Corporal Hicks

The Martian VR Experience is really not reviewing well. Pretty much the sentiment is you're paying way too much for, like you said, a tech demo. I really hope they learn from the feedback and make something better. Or at least price is properly.

Kimo

It's like that "VR Worlds" for PSVR, it has some great VR experience on it. But the thing was like £25 on release date. That game should of been free with the VR because all the games feel like a fancy (but cool) tech demo. I just hope they don't start this bullshit with movies.

If the wanna charge for an Alien VR experience then give us a proper VR experience and give us something that has been built on the foundations of Alien Isolation.. I will then be happy to pay full price.

Corporal Hicks

Could you imagine if they built it around an Isolation-like feel? I think I would literally die from fright.  :laugh:

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2016, 01:42:51 PM
Could you imagine if they built it around an Isolation-like feel? I think I would literally die from fright.  :laugh:

Oh yeah. :laugh:

Quote from: Himmelblau on Nov 21, 2016, 04:05:41 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 21, 2016, 01:42:51 PM

Oh yeah. :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kimo on Nov 21, 2016, 01:35:03 PM
If the wanna charge for an Alien VR experience then give us a proper VR experience and give us something that has been built on the foundations of Alien Isolation.. I will then be happy to pay full price.

Well, there's been rumours (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55274.0) that they are (or might be, rather) doing a VR version of Alien: Isolation. They actually had a VR demo of that game as well. At least then you know you'll be getting a proper and decent game along with the VR experience.

Kimo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 21, 2016, 04:47:07 PM
Quote from: Kimo on Nov 21, 2016, 01:35:03 PM

Well, there's been rumours (http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55274.0) that they are (or might be, rather) doing a VR version of Alien: Isolation. They actually had a VR demo of that game as well. At least then you know you'll be getting a proper and decent game along with the VR experience.

Yep I remember reading about it a few months back on this site, fingers crossed it does happen. I also remember watching some reaction video's on YouTube when the made a mod for Alien Isolation to run in VR on the Oculus Rift.

Bio Mech Hunter

Just give us an official VR update for Alien: Isolation. I'd much rather have that. 8)

Corporal Hicks

I think for a really good immersion, they'd probably need to rebuild from the group up with VR in mind.

I've played Isolation on the Occulus but it was essentially just a theatre mode. It didn't have the immersive effect that you'd really want.

Pvt. Himmel

Interesting.. Def check it out!! 8)

Corporal Hicks

Kimo

Kimo

I don't expected it to be anywhere near as good as what a true Alien Isolation VR game could be like?  But I hope it does better then "The Martian" that was released last month in the PSVR store. I just hope the really concentrate on the Alien(s) and the claustrophobic feel of being onboard the Covenant, why your inside VR. if they do it right I don't mind paying a few pound for a short tiny VR experience of getting confronted by the Alien on the Covenant. On the plus side.. If they give us a nice little scary tech demo or short experience, and it does well. Then Fox might push a mayjor game company to give a full VR Alien game like Isolation.

Perfect-Organism

Hmm, not sure I fully get this.  SO does one need VR goggles for this?  If not, do you enjoy it on any game platform?  If so, what do you do?  You just get into the world like in Alien Isolation?  You just walk around?  That seems like the definition of boring.  Why do that if you can just create a video game?  I mean Isolation, and Colonial Marines were basically VR realities that we could walk around in and experience those worlds...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed