NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,342 times)

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I love the new Giger paint job and even the Blue paint job on the Warrior. If you want the best paint job go for the Red/Black 2 pack.

Neca always has quality control issues. I found the problems from the old series to be much worse. I've had problems with this series too but not that bad.

That's weird to hear about the paint job issues like that. Mine are decent, while not perfect either. I still say Neca's Giger Alien and the Warrior Alien are the best available from any companies if you're talking about overall look.

Also, I don't find the new plastic being used to be that cheap. The figures parts move easier than the old ones and there's much more articulation, not to mention the wet/slimy/glossy look. Neca's old Aliens looked dry as can be.

One bad thing I've noticed is that a lot of the removable dorsal fins are coming off in the packages, making for a very ugly MOC look and no doubt mistaking many people that the figures are broken.

Vark_

Vark_

Here's a nice pic of my Series 1 (brown) warrior, it was my first NECA Alien figure, and all I can say it that the paintjob was really decent for the price.
I've never encountered any issue with NECA figures for the moment.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

That picture is great. Would look even more amazing with the black alien from the red/black 2 pack. The truth is with any of these new Neca figures, the paint jobs can look great depending on lighting, but the more you bring the figures under bright light, the more crappy their paint jobs look. Oh well.

--

Here are the 3 main toy versions of Big Chap. Which one is best?

IMO, the new Neca one is still the best, though I may have exaggerated a few posts below how terrible the old one actually is. The old one is good, but the new paint job is more black, glossy, and movie-accurate in general. There's also something about the white cloudy dome. McFarlane's Big Chap is quite bad overall. The good points are the detailing under the dome, which looks amazingly intricate, yet is not movie accurate whatsoever. The orange paint is a big WTF. The figure can't even stand tall. That's just a few. I do like the translucent plastic with paint over it. I wish Neca would use something like that in a new version of Big Chap.

Any chances we get to see Neca do more versions of Kane's son?

http://s29.postimg.org/k6w101eo5/100_5005.jpg

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got the '79 Alien and blue 'Aliens' warrior in from Amazon and I've got some buyer's remorse. :(

The paint on the teeth on the '79 Alien is all jacked up, and there was no way to tell until after I'd opened it up and gotten the figure out of the packaging. I should be able to fix it with some paints I have on hand, but it's still pretty lame.

The Blue Warrior's lower jaw is all cockeyed - I might be able to salvage it with liberal use of a hairdryer or something, but I'm still pretty annoyed. Also the mold line running down the center of the forehead is really thick and prominent (moreso than on any of the other NECA Aliens I have in this mold). I think I can file it down if I need to, but it's still pretty lame and kinda ruins the head. I might keep an eye out and see if TRU gets the figure in and try to exchange with them or something, but I'm pretty disappointed.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Seems like you ran into some of the same issues that Sizzy and I did. I held off on buying either figure as there were only a handful of each to choose from. The Giger Aliens that we saw all had poor paint jobs on the teeth and the upper lips looked a bit lop-sided. The Blue paint jobs on the Cameron Aliens looked rushed and sloppy. When Sizzy opened hers, we noticed the joints were very loose on the Giger one, and the inner-jaw was upside down on the Cameron one. The Aliens calves also seem to be pretty flimsy and soft. I'm pretty disappointed with this new Aliens line, sure we may seem nit-picky here, but are these not meant for hardcore collectors? Compared to the excellent Genocide 2-Pack it seems quality control has been slipping with their manufacturer again. 

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 05, 2014, 01:14:48 PM
I got the '79 Alien and blue 'Aliens' warrior in from Amazon and I've got some buyer's remorse. :(

The paint on the teeth on the '79 Alien is all jacked up, and there was no way to tell until after I'd opened it up and gotten the figure out of the packaging. I should be able to fix it with some paints I have on hand, but it's still pretty lame.

The Blue Warrior's lower jaw is all cockeyed - I might be able to salvage it with liberal use of a hairdryer or something, but I'm still pretty annoyed. Also the mold line running down the center of the forehead is really thick and prominent (moreso than on any of the other NECA Aliens I have in this mold). I think I can file it down if I need to, but it's still pretty lame and kinda ruins the head. I might keep an eye out and see if TRU gets the figure in and try to exchange with them or something, but I'm pretty disappointed.

Same problem. The new blue/brown warriors i guess don't get painted claws anymore either? My '70 alien also had issues i noticed also after unboxing... like Ridgetop said, loose joints (i can wiggle him around and he does the hula), a messed up jaw n' inner jaws.
Yeah, i am definitely disappointed at the cheap and sloppy job NECA did with these new aliens. The head-on-a-spear alien head that came with my Wasp Pred is painted much better then the actual Alien figures themselves! what?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

GOOD NEWS!

I stopped by TRU and they had the new Aliens wave, and I found replacement figures that were better than the ones I got from Amazon. The '79 Alien's teeth look a lot better and fit together better (although there's a miniscule gap between the front of the upper and lower jaws when the mouth is closed). The teeth aren't perfect, but it's nothing a tiny bit of paint won't fix.
The Blue Warrior I picked up is also a vast improvement. his shins aren't all warped, his teeth line up much better (although not perfectly), and the seam on the head isn't as bad. The seam is still there, so I'll likely sand it down a little bit, and the lower jaw is still a little cockeyed, but it's not anywhere near as bad as the first one I got.

They had a few to choose from at the TRU I went to, and all of the Blue Warriors had the same visibly cockeyed lower jaw; the one I bought was the "best" of the three they had. The other two were about as bad as the first one I'd gotten.

It's weird because my other Aliens in the same mold don't have that problem. I've got the red and black ones from the Genocide two-pack and they're fine.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Opened my 79 Alien today and pretty pleased with it....however the head is super loose and the dome does protrude slightly on one side where it meets the top of the mouth (but I could easily fix that with a dab of glue).

But all in all, pretty neat, especially for the price online of just over £14.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Neca has tweeted this tease of the Alien3 figure.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

ALL MY MONEYZ!

Cvalda

Cvalda

:o Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a damned toy.

Vark_

Vark_

This is a hell of a good news !

Now let's hope that we eventually get the 3-pack (Dallas / Bishop / Dog Alien) this NECA staff member was teasing about last November  :)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Oh and jonesy the cat will also be released :)

Cvalda

Cvalda

...what :P

Will he include JUMP SCARE ACTION?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

He'll just be included with the Dallas figure, i guess. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed