Best Alien vs Predator picture

Started by Kel G 426, Aug 03, 2010, 02:34:04 PM

Author
Best Alien vs Predator picture (Read 323,605 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A successful control idea is bad. If that was a reconception, it would be damn fine. But since it's supposed to be the Alien from the films, it's a no. As said, I don't like that picture, point blank. May change opinion on the comic once I read it, but still.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 21, 2010, 07:48:39 PM
Consequently, those comics fail.
Epically.
I generally tend to agree.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 21, 2010, 08:01:28 PM
A successful control idea is bad. If that was a reconception, it would be damn fine. But since it's supposed to be the Alien from the films, it's a no. As said, I don't like that picture, point blank. May change opinion on the comic once I read it, but still.
Well alien rez did it to an extent, though that failed so it doesn't help my argument :P well I dunno the actual control didn't bother me that much but that is because all the time I was reading I was like oh this is so gunna end badly and, while it isn't my favourite I wouldn't say it failed for having controlled aliens.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A:R Aliens were captive for a very short time. Right after one tries to tame them, they escape and go apeshit on the whole ship. A:R shows greatly this concept.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 21, 2010, 08:16:58 PM
A:R Aliens were captive for a very short time. Right after one tries to tame them, they escape and go apeshit on the whole ship. A:R shows greatly this concept.
If only read a couple of issues in it but I think by the end of the second or third they are not controlled any more, and there quite short issues.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

After some reading, came upon the argument.
I get what Omega is trying to say.
Seeing the pred control the alien is demeaning to it. They should both be equals, incabable of controlling the other.
That's what AvP was supposed to be in the first place. An equal battle.
Now the fact that the leash thing doesn't appear in the comic itself is valid, but someone still drew the damn picture, meaning that they think it is not Aliens vs. Predator, but Aliens Gets Taken out Behind Doughnut Shop and Raped by Predator Who Goes Back Inside and Gets Hot Girl.

BANE

BANE

QuoteThat's what AvP was supposed to be in the first place. An equal battle.
Except the fact of the matter is, the fight is not equal. Technology is a wondrous thing that gives advantages to even the weakest of creatures (take humans for example). That's not to say that predators are weak: on the contrary, in terms of resistance to gun and melee damage, I'd have to put them up there with the aliens. However, the technology pushes them above the aliens, like human technology pushes them over tigers in the dominance factor.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

^It's strategy that makes the aliens strong so it almost balances out.
Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 21, 2010, 08:38:22 PM
After some reading, came upon the argument.
I get what Omega is trying to say.
Seeing the pred control the alien is demeaning to it. They should both be equals, incabable of controlling the other.
That's what AvP was supposed to be in the first place. An equal battle.
Now the fact that the leash thing doesn't appear in the comic itself is valid, but someone still drew the damn picture, meaning that they think it is not Aliens vs. Predator, but Aliens Gets Taken out Behind Doughnut Shop and Raped by Predator Who Goes Back Inside and Gets Hot Girl.
Yet the humans do it also, easily a weaker species, In a motion picture that is watched by hundreds maybe thousands more people. Yet I am not saying it was a good idea for it to be in the comic, cause it isn't the best story.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Let's not get into another fight.
Let us focus on more great AvP pictures.
We will never come to an agreement on the issue as it is, so why don't we just end it?
Here are a few of AvP 2 that i really love.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Well i personnaly own Alien vs Predator omnibus 1 & 2

And only a few comics caught my intention
- Love the very first one form Dark Horse AvP 1990 (Broken Tusk powns)
- Booty for his cartoonish style
- The Web , love the incredible architectural style and the Predators design
- AvP xenogenesis (cool colors and badass Predator)
- Hell Bent (great colorisation and really good drawing level)

The rest of the comics were to painful for my eyes, like  AvP deadliest of the species (i had to vomit after each chapter)
or AvP War especially for
- the cooking Pred
- the Pred spaceship dirty style (like district 9 alien spaceship) which is toooo "human-like"
- the Predator making some fire in his own spaceship
- the Preds "klingon star trek like" Predators uniform in the spaceship
- And finaly the Predators using pickaxes hammers and  blowtorch in order to open the locked door of their spaceship
(and personnaly seeing Machicko slaughtering  half of the Predator crew in the ship was a hudge kick in my balls)

The Three world war didn't interest me cause of his graphic style. And very bad (IMO) Predator (and preds technology) design. They just look like Halo Elite.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 21, 2010, 08:52:54 PM
Let's not get into another fight.
Let us focus on more great AvP pictures.
We will never come to an agreement on the issue as it is, so why don't we just end it?
I didn't think it was a fight, though I don't see why you would not accept the concept, I don't particularity like it myself and I am not defending it it is just not as stupid as the picture makes out, in the comic the predators have basically captured the alien which is what they try to do in alien, aliens and did in alien4 though it is kinda different. And to dismiss it as rubbish without reading it is pointless though if you do read it and don't like it thats fine I don't like that part of the story itself. Though yer that is it in a nutshell. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I kinda like this one.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 21, 2010, 09:38:30 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff38/blindlnstinct/AvP2.jpg

I kinda like this one.

I have no doubt about this ;D, but given the fact the Pred in this picture is "broken tusk" , then the xeno will soon and very quickly die (only a xeno Queen was able to wound him)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I see the chip there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed